• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Syder

When determining your GOAT you don't really look at one fight. José has had an insane career. He's not my personal GOAT but you can't reduce one of the best fighters of all time to thirteen seconds. Mistakes happen.

When determining your GOAT you don't really look at one fight. José has had an insane career. He's not my personal GOAT but you can't reduce one of the best fighters of all time to thirteen seconds. Mistakes happen.

But I look at the fact that he couldn't finish certain fights. I like Aldo, but I just don't see him being the GOAT.

I like GSP talking about how a fight with Silva wouldn't be considered a super fight and it's all about timing yet when it was the perfect time his bitch ass ducked him consistently.

Anderson ducked Jones ?

It just didn't seem like that was ever really on the table, Silva get clipped about the time Jones was getting to that other level and seems they hespect each other a lot .

pixelation

Well UFC 211 ended up being a dissapointment for me, why is it that almost always when a card looks too good on paper it ends up not living up to expectations?, i have seen Fight Nights with a bunch of unknowns being more exciting than some much hyped numbered events.

It wasn't bad though. A bunch of close fights on paper were way more one sided though . Prelims were great and Eddie vs Dustin was setting up to be an instant classic until that knee.

pixelation

It wasn't bad though. A bunch of close fights on paper were way more one sided though . Prelims were great and Eddie vs Dustin was setting up to be an instant classic until that knee.

Well the fact that my faves lost has something to do with it... just a bit... only Miocic won. But Marco Polo Reyes, Gabriel Benitez, Yair Rodriguez and Jose Masvidal all lost and that really soured the whole card for me.

Masvidal's interviewed with Robin Black after the fight giving Maia all the props in the world. Good to see him respect Maia in such a close fight.

Levito

Banned
I have a pretty hard time not calling Jon Jones the GOAT. He's never actually lost, finished most of his opponents, defeated several former champions, and only had one fight where he really struggled to get the win.

The only thing working against him are his blatant dirty fighting.

broz0rs

If Maia beats Woodley, I'm going to start thinking of him as one of the greatest of all time. There is no worse matchup for Maia than Woodley, because of he has the highest wrestling pedigree in the WW division and will blast Maia once he shoots in. I hope this will be a reverse jinx, but I'll predict a first round KO for Woodley.

Uh, what? The Irish have a long and storied history of talking shite.

I'm not talking about talking shit. I'm talking about the way Conor talks shit, and the way he dresses and carries himself. The man clearly emulates Black culture, yet Kevin Lee, a black man from Detroit, who comes from that culture, is accused of copying Conor. It's funny, but no more so ridiculous.

Crazy that it took Maia 7 years to get another crack at a championship. Woodley is known to gas so if hes able to grapple and grind it could get interesting. Ill play Maia at the right odds.

If Maia beats Woodley, I'm going to start thinking of him as one of the greatest of all time. There is no worse matchup for Maia than Woodley, because of he has the highest wrestling pedigree in the WW division and will blast Maia once he shoots in. I hope this will be a reverse jinx, but I'll predict a first round KO for Woodley.
Maia is a shark on the ground, from any position. Woodley isn't going to take him down just because he's an excellent wrestler. It's what Maia wants.

I have a pretty hard time not calling Jon Jones the GOAT. He's never actually lost, finished most of his opponents, defeated several former champions, and only had one fight where he really struggled to get the win.

The only thing working against him are his blatant dirty fighting.

And blatant steroid use.

Aldo was never the goat, even before the 13 second KO. Anderson and GSP were and still are ahead of him. DJ is arguably the GOAT now but it's going to be indisputable once he wins again.

UFC missed a big chance in making Anderson/GSP when it mattered. They did it with BJ/GSP but they couldnt do it with Andy. Sure one fighter would have lost value but what a monster event it would have been.

GSP/Andy and Brock/Fedor will eternally remain in my dreams. No tears only dreams now...

Crazy that it took Maia 7 years to get another crack at a championship. Woodley is known to gas so if hes able to grapple and grind it could get interesting. Ill play Maia at the right odds.

Maia doesn't exactly have a great gas tank, either. I expect Woodley to KO Maia early, but I can also see a boring fight happening.

FUME5

I'm not talking about talking shit. I'm talking about the way Conor talks shit, and the way he dresses and carries himself. The man clearly emulates Black culture, yet Kevin Lee, a black man from Detroit, who comes from that culture, is accused of copying Conor. It's funny, but no more so ridiculous.

Code:
[IMG]https://killerfashionirl.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/0923_spo_ldn-l-ufc-mcgregor-hg2-l.jpg?w=700&h=466[/IMG]

I've got to say, I've never once seen McGregor do his shtick and thought cultural appropriation.

Banglish

Code:
[IMG]https://killerfashionirl.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/0923_spo_ldn-l-ufc-mcgregor-hg2-l.jpg?w=700&h=466[/IMG]

I've got to say, I've never once seen McGregor do his shtick and thought cultural appropriation.

Nah man you're mistaken, haven't you heard the unwritten rule where you're not allowed to be Irish and come out to Biggie Smalls or wear coogi or gucci? Only for black folks (duh).
It's pretty obvious Lee was trying to get that El Chapo look that Conor was rocking, cept Lee looked like a Migos reject. So many dudes are getting chest tattoos and rocking clear shades, and when did everyone start rocking sharp ass blazers? lol it's disproportionately clear after Conor did.

pixelation

Yeah, you're clearly a huge fan.

Jorge Masvidal haha, i was trying to remember his first name yesternight... and didn't check it afterwards hahaha. Still huge fan... he wants to fight Magny next.

Oh and i am rooting for Woodley (against Maia)... the end of the world is nigh my friends.

zewone

"Everybody's on steroids."

cbsg07T.jpg

Does it count as copying if you're more entertaining?
His shit talk game has gone way down hill. Now all he does is shut talk other fighters for not having any money and then begs Uncle Floydd to change his bum life.

Soccer fans still throw Bananas at black players at some games.
They even make players cry with racist songs
https://www.google.ca/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/98162156/

So yeah.
It depends on the country but Italy and Eastern Europe are real bad with that shit.

Code:

The man goes by the name of Notorious, walks out to Hypnotize, has rocked the Biggie look

references hip hop lyrics all the time, including once where he got in trouble for it making a comment about Ronda and Miesha Tate quoting Dr Dre

and has coped the Joe Frazier look

... but he ain't emulating black culture, nah. It's merely coincidence people insist on referring to him as the Muhammad Ali of MMA - a claim he has respectfully refuted every time because he knows what's up.

Nah, it ain't Conor taking from black culture. It's black people like Kevin Lee emulating him.

Get outta here.

Why people gotta be so adamant black culture doesn't get emulated all the time? It's not even like that's a problem. I ain't got a problem with it. My only problem is ignorant dickheads online claiming actual black people are the ones doing the copying. Fuck that noise.

Nah man you're mistaken, haven't you heard the unwritten rule where you're not allowed to be Irish and come out to Biggie Smalls or wear coogi or gucci? Only for black folks (duh).
It's pretty obvious Lee was trying to get that El Chapo look that Conor was rocking, cept Lee looked like a Migos reject. So many dudes are getting chest tattoos and rocking clear shades, and when did everyone start rocking sharp ass blazers? lol it's disproportionately clear after Conor did.

Bruh, this defensiveness is embarrassing. You've missed the point by a mile.

How are you lacking this much awareness to suggest people are aping Conor with the El Chapo look - when that isn't, nor has it ever been Conor's look, and has been around for decades before he even thought of coping it. Conor didn't make that look, nor did he make it iconic.

As for Lee, he was coping Russell Westbrook's look. You know, that black basketball player up for MVP this year? He even shouted him out on twitter.

Now I know you would have thought better if it weren't for the notion of a white man copying black people. I see you.

FUME5

So he's worn some outfits as a shoutout to some of the greatest fighters and likes hip hop = emulating black culture?

Anyway, I don't think Lee is copying him, although I do think Lee is a dickhead who hasn't done anything all that impressive inside the octagon.

Heel

Bisping will probably need some kind of surgery all of a sudden. Guy is such a chicken-shit heel that I wouldn't put it past him.

Yes. So chickenshit he walked off a movie set on short notice to fight the champion that dominated him in a previous fight when he had the benefit of a full camp.

And won.

In the first round.

Keyboard warrior is a phrase that was invented for toxic armchair revisionist opinions like these.

Michael Bisping reveals knee injury will delay return but still wants GSP next

BjuyCZt.gif

Bisping will probably need some kind of surgery all of a sudden. Guy is such a chicken-shit heel that I wouldn't put it past him.

Yes. So chickenshit he walked off a movie set on short notice to fight the champion that dominated him in a previous fight when he had the benefit of a full camp.

And won.

In the first round.

Keyboard warrior is a phrase that was invented for toxic armchair revisionist opinions like these.

200w.gif

Nothing to add.
Bisping is a lot of things but I'm not sure he is afraid of anyone
Guy is a true "prize fighter".

Chicken.

Shit.

Heel.

Can I talk my shit again?

Heel

As your impartial mediator, if Rumblebones can point to any evidence of "Kevin Lee" wearing anything but gym shorts in his entire fight career I will award him the W.

Top Bottom