• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Showcase 2021 |OT| September 9th (Show rating poll added)

How would you rate the PS5 Showcase?

• A

Votes: 83 16.2%
  • B

Votes: 147 28.7%
  • C

Votes: 133 25.9%
  • D

Votes: 98 19.1%
  • E

Votes: 52 10.1%

• Total voters

Markio128

Bring It Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

reksveks

My predictions from a couple of weeks ago

-first two weeks of sept
- kena
- little devil inside
- death standing
- no hasan
- no ff vxi (if its unlikely to be at tgs then not likely to be before it)
- it will have one of the two of H:FW or GoW2 but suspect its the former

I would like to probably add GT but will stick with my initial prediction

Last edited:

Markio128

So what`s the chance for anything "heavy" that will still release 2021....my guess is close to zero.
I can’t imagine Sony dropping anything big this side of Christmas, certainly not from their own stable. GT7 always seemed the closest to release, but then it went completely silent.

Sony does concentrated footage and showcases. No dumb long winded interviews that just eat up time, like Halo Infinites 30 Minutes of Nothing update. Or XBox's Gamescom WHERE they spent more time with announcers/ and interviews than showing actual games.

State of plays are laser focused on the set games they decide to showcase. Same went for the event last year that was for PS5 reveal.
The fanboy has spoken 🙄

Papacheeks

Banned

My predictions from a couple of weeks ago

-first two weeks of sept
- kena
- little devil inside
- death standing
- no hasan
- no ff vxi (if its unlikely to be at tgs then not likely to be before it)
- it will have one of the two of H:FW or GoW2 but suspect its the former

I would like to probably add GT but will stick with my initial prediction

Death Stranding wont be there. They literally show cased that at Gamescom with a new trailer. This will be updates for Stray, Kena, God of war, GT7, and some new announcements. They could show a new story trailer for Horizon, with updated release date.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
So are we judging this by E3 standards? 40 minutes, and they're definitely hyping it up "you've been very patient," etc.

Sony does concentrated footage and showcases. No dumb long winded interviews that just eat up time, like Halo Infinites 30 Minutes of Nothing update. Or XBox's Gamescom WHERE they spent more time with announcers/ and interviews than showing actual games.

State of plays are laser focused on the set games they decide to showcase. Same went for the event last year that was for PS5 reveal.
The fanboy has spoken 🙄
Hoping for

Updates:
Horizon: Forbidden West
GT7
Little Devil Inside
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
SIFU
Forspoken

Probably there but not fussed:
Abandoned
Death Stranding: Director's Cut
Stray
Deathloop

And that's a wrap in 40mins
Yeah 40mins is not great, was hoping for an hour really. Forbidden West is a lock, GT7 and GOW, and probably 3rd party after that.

reksveks

Death Stranding wont be there. They literally show cased that at Gamescom with a new trailer. This will be updates for Stray, Kena, God of war, GT7, and some new announcements. They could show a new story trailer for Horizon, with updated release date.
Just realised that Kojima tweeted today or yesterday about finishing his trailer. It might come out before next week.

Papacheeks

Banned
The fanboy has spoken 🙄

So you are going to tell me that XBox's showcase with the guy from Kinda funny doing interviews didn't break up the showcase Microsoft showed? Or that the 28 Minute long Halo Infinite updated video was more than Joe staten talking to the community manager about whats launching/releasing on Dec.8 without showing gameplay and just couple CG trailers?

Also you complaining that this is only 40 minutes?

PS5 reveal event was over an hour. ANd they showed a fuck ton of games. This is not being advertised as a State of PLay. It's a showcase, as in similar to PS5 reveal event, only no hardware is being shown, all games.

Last edited:

Certinty

GTA V gameplay/trailer
GT7 gameplay
God of War 2 trailer
Spider-Man 2 announcement

That's all I want/need.

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
My predictions

- Bluepoint Joins PlayStation Studios
- Ico Remake Teaser by Bluepoint
- Last Guardian and Shadow of Collosus 4K60 Patch Out Now, patched by Bluepoint
- Avengers: Spiderman DLC Trailer
- Call of Duty Vanguard Multiplayer Trailer
- Gran Turismo 7 New Trailer
- Returnal Free New Content
- GTAV E+E and GTA Trilogy Announced
- Arrowhead Games New IP Announced
- Forspoken New Trailer
- Ratchet & Clank Free Content DLC
- Horizon FW Trailer
- Dragons Dogma 2 Announced
- God of War 2 Gameplay Demo (2021)

Elios83

Kojima: my new trailer could be released at the end of next week I suppose :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Btw finally we won't have other weeks of fake insiders and drama queens speculating.
Can't wait to see Horizon, God of War, Forspoken and many other games.

Only 40 min is very disappointing imo. Sony has been silent and delaying games now for so long while MS has been open and communicating. They will have to surprise drop a AAA game next week for the wait to have been validated.

Nah their format for these events has been short trailers one after the other with no bullshit and lost time. In over 40 minutes we're looking at 12-15 games in this showcase.

Top Bottom