• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Showcase 2021 |OT| September 9th (Show rating poll added)

How would you rate the PS5 Showcase?

• A

Votes: 83 16.2%
  • B

Votes: 147 28.7%
  • C

Votes: 133 25.9%
  • D

Votes: 98 19.1%
  • E

Votes: 52 10.1%

• Total voters
I'm so happy I could ejaculate like a Care Bear.🥳

9CnCleP.gif

Calverz

They need a new AAA announcement otherwise this show is a bust.
Im hoping for:

New silent hill
New metal gear solid
The last of us 3
Final fantasy 16 deep dive

They need to hit it out of the park. Hopefully they will deliver on this.

Moonjt9

The whole “stick around after the show for more details from devs” thing feels just like Nintendo Treehouse live.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the 40 minute show is tightly packed trailers and all the longer gameplay demos and dev walkthroughs happen right afterwards. This could be something really great!

Last edited:
Hoping for

Updates:
Horizon: Forbidden West
GT7
Little Devil Inside
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
SIFU
Forspoken

Probably there but not fussed:
Abandoned
Death Stranding: Director's Cut
Stray
Deathloop

And that's a wrap in 40mins

This would be a very good State of Play..but a real bad PlayStation Showcase.

I mean, this is their big show (their E3).

So you are going to tell me that XBox's showcase with the guy from Kinda funny doing interviews didn't break up the showcase Microsoft showed? Or that the 28 Minute long Halo Infinite updated video was more than Joe staten talking to the community manager about whats launching/releasing on Dec.8 without showing gameplay and just couple CG trailers?

Also you complaining that this is only 40 minutes?

PS5 reveal event was over an hour. ANd they showed a fuck ton of games. This is not being advertised as a State of PLay. It's a showcase, as in similar to PS5 reveal event, only no hardware is being shown, all games.
No need to mention Xbox at all.

skit_data

Guys pls make a conscious effort to keep your expectations in check. I mean it.
Dont want to see any of you crying during or after the show 😂😂
I’m expecting at least some big news/trailers because they usually tone down the hype for events if they’re mostly 3rd party and indie stuff. This time its ”the future of Playstation studios” so they’re not doing anything to temper the expectations.

Some people will always have unreasonable expectations, though.

Hunnybun

Only 40 minutes long is a bit of a bummer, and 'some of the most imaginative developers' obviously screams a load of indie titles, but if I'm honest at this point I'd be satisfied with just seeing proper footage of GOW and GT7.

I'd like it to be a bigger deal but I'm not hopeful. The reference to games coming this xmas is a bit weird too: what could even conceivably be out by then?

tmlDan

Only 40 min is very disappointing imo. Sony has been silent and delaying games now for so long while MS has been open and communicating. They will have to surprise drop a AAA game next week for the wait to have been validated.
MS has announced all their games for the next 2-3 years....kinda hard to keep it secret when there are no secrets. People complained about Sony when they would announce a game years off and now people want to see it? it must be hard working in communications there when people are so back and forth.

Robb

Gold Member
Exciting! Can't wait to see what they have in the pipeline. Hoping for some cool surprises!

skit_data

Hope Sony shows TLOU 2 Multiayer trailer / gameplay and release date.
Looking at the job listings from Naughty Dog last week I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Maybe something else multiplayer oriented though. I’d like to see what Guerillas second team has cooking.

HTK

Banned
Things I'd personally like to see:

- Gran Turismo 7
- Grand Theft Auto V
- God of War
- Factions 2
- Guerilla Games 2nd Team Multiplayer Game

Concern

All this wait for only a 40 minute event? Lol

Hope this is strictly if not mostly new games, gameplay, and/or at least one holiday 2021 game announcement.

Don't waste no time on Death Loop, Horizon, or gt which we know are all delayed already.

ZywyPL

Banned
They need a new AAA announcement otherwise this show is a bust.
Im hoping for:

New silent hill
New metal gear solid
The last of us 3
Final fantasy 16 deep dive

They need to hit it out of the park. Hopefully they will deliver on this.

Those are some rather unrealistic expectation. And honestly, I think it would be simply better if they just showed proper gameplay demonstration of the titles already announced this/last year, rather than another bunch of CGI trailers of games which no one know when they'll arrive, or worse, with a placeholder date only to be delayed multiple times.

Flutta

Banned
I wouldnt be surprised if next gen GTAV gets a whooping 10min runtime 😭😭

Seriously i hope that game doesnt show up like at all. 🤦🏼

Last edited:

nbkicker

To be honest not even gonna get my hopes up for this one, cant wait to see even more deathloop pushed , just hope there 2-3 games not been shown yet like gow that get a bit of footage

WoodyStare

Can’t wait to see what they’ve been working on. Considering it’s only 40 minutes, they better not waste any time on GTA V, Deathloop, Kena or Stray footage. We’ve seen enough, show us something new.

jaysius

Banned
Every show this year has disappointed thoroughly from every company, people think this one won't?

Who knows, maybe Sony will flip the script.

I see a ton of delays into 2022 coming in the show.

FunkMiller

I hope this is happening now because they've waited until they had something megaton-like to show. 40 minutes on the scale of every other games event this year would be incredibly disappointing - if not unexpected given covid.

Good that they're doing something though.

tmlDan

Looking at the job listings from Naughty Dog last week I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Maybe something else multiplayer oriented though. I’d like to see what Guerillas second team has cooking.
I'm with you on that, but the thing is they could be making it a BR with battle passes and need long term support - hence the hirings.

Top Bottom