• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Showcase 2021 |OT| September 9th (Show rating poll added)

How would you rate the PS5 Showcase?

• A

Votes: 83 16.2%
  • B

Votes: 147 28.7%
  • C

Votes: 133 25.9%
  • D

Votes: 98 19.1%
  • E

Votes: 52 10.1%

• Total voters

Papacheeks

Banned
My predictions

- Bluepoint Joins PlayStation Studios
- Ico Remake Teaser by Bluepoint
- Last Guardian and Shadow of Collosus 4K60 Patch Out Now, patched by Bluepoint
- Avengers: Spiderman DLC Trailer
- Call of Duty Vanguard Multiplayer Trailer
- Gran Turismo 7 New Trailer
- Returnal Free New Content
- GTAV E+E and GTA Trilogy Announced
- Arrowhead Games New IP Announced
- Forspoken New Trailer
- Ratchet & Clank Free Content DLC
- Horizon FW Trailer
- Dragons Dogma 2 Announced
- God of War 2 Gameplay Demo (2021)
Bluepoint aint working on a Japan studio remake. After Shadow under performed I doubt they would green light that, and if they did, its not their main project for sure.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Only 40 min is very disappointing imo. Sony has been silent and delaying games now for so long while MS has been open and communicating. They will have to surprise drop a AAA game next week for the wait to have been validated.
40 minutes is great with their pacing as the other camp drags their shows out way too long proving they still dont get it on how to deliver a good show.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
My predictions

- Dragons Dogma 2 Announced
xfizksnearw51.gif

clintar

They are doing this because I was just thinking to myself last night they must be planning on waiting until E3 time next year to do anything. You are all welcome.

I think this event will not be the Big event, that would be PSX at the year end. I hope I am wrong as I would love to see new announcements but I am afraid all we are going to get is GoW update/ trailer, more HZD gamplay, Factions and some indie stuff.

WitchHunter

Banned
Cool this will be inbetween my classes. I'll have to check it out especially with GOW supposedly being shown. Probably will be the closer.
They won't show it. It's a 2022 title. At max they'll show that lilshit is grown up and beating daddy to a pulp.

ZywyPL

Banned
So you are going to tell me that XBox's showcase with the guy from Kinda funny doing interviews didn't break up the showcase Microsoft showed? Or that the 28 Minute long Halo Infinite updated video was more than Joe staten talking to the community manager about whats launching/releasing on Dec.8 without showing gameplay and just couple CG trailers?

Also you complaining that this is only 40 minutes?

PS5 reveal event was over an hour. ANd they showed a fuck ton of games. This is not being advertised as a State of PLay. It's a showcase, as in similar to PS5 reveal event, only no hardware is being shown, all games.

5ln8gt.jpg

The point is, if someone uses MS or XB in every single sentence in a thread solely about PS conference, its rather obvious who are we dealing with. Let the show/games speak for themselves before we do any preemptive judgement, because it might turn out will need to eat some crow, and they are innocent in your console wars.

Last edited:

TBiddy

The point is, if someone uses MS or XB in every single sentence in a thread solely about PS conference, its rather obvious who are we dealing with. Let the show/games speak for themselves before we do any preemptive judgement, because it might turn out will need to eat some crow, and they are innocent in your console wars.

It's certainly odd to start talking about MS in this thread. It's a PS showcase. There's plenty to be excited about!

Only 40 min is very disappointing imo. Sony has been silent and delaying games now for so long while MS has been open and communicating. They will have to surprise drop a AAA game next week for the wait to have been validated.

Best waiting to see what they show. If there is impressive stuff particularly with surprises no one will care and will leave the core audience excited.

Pacing is a important element in these type of shows, nothing worse than phoney chit chat that drags on and on when you could be doing better things like wiping your arse with a dead hedgehog.

elliot5

You know well these games got delayed
That's still a year out from release if things had gone to plan.

Why wouldn't GOW be shown in late 2021 if its releasing in 2022?

The team at Santa Monica recently had a wellness break probably from getting things polished for a presentation.

Last edited:

retsof624

Sony does concentrated footage and showcases. No dumb long winded interviews that just eat up time, like Halo Infinites 30 Minutes of Nothing update. Or XBox's Gamescom WHERE they spent more time with announcers/ and interviews than showing actual games.

State of plays are laser focused on the set games they decide to showcase. Same went for the event last year that was for PS5 reveal.
What about the Xbox E3? That was just game after game

Klik

I was hoping for at least an hour long game showcase together with next gen VR update.

Oh well at least i hope they will show some GT7 gameplay

Last edited:
Top Bottom