• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Showcase 2021 |OT| September 9th (Show rating poll added)

How would you rate the PS5 Showcase?

• A

Votes: 83 16.2%
  • B

Votes: 147 28.7%
  • C

Votes: 133 25.9%
  • D

Votes: 98 19.1%
  • E

Votes: 52 10.1%

• Total voters

bender

What time is it?
Yep or dogpile, I once wrote a thread there saying that Jedi Fallen Order although good felt a bit too much like a patchwork of what gamers liked.They dogpiled as much as saying that respawn invented parkour and platformer it was unbelievable.But I guess that shows how accepting and tolerant this community is...Especially compared to here...
There might be a bit of herd mentality in some communities here but man do we seem civilized and rational compared to there.
I mean here if a verified user start to bullshit and get called out he will be the one demoted and it won't the one calling him out to get banned.
But hey it's the tolerant forum except from everything it doesn't tolerate and cancel or insult.

Good thing you didn't make fun of The Last Jedi.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Good thing you didn't make fun of The Last Jedi.
I can't even imagine the outrage, I imagine that doing so would get me banned and compared to Hitler or the devil ...or even worse to them a straight white male."GASP in shock!!!!!" Few people faint and a girl hum hum a non binary person refered to a they would yell "DOES ANYBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!"

bender

What time is it?
I can't even imagine the outrage, I imagine that doing so would get me banned and compared to Hitler or the devil ...or even worse to them a straight white male."GASP in shock!!!!!" Few people faint and a girl hum hum a non binary person refered to a they would yell "DOES ANYBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!"

Star Wars and Disney is such a weird thing to cape for. I'll never understand it.

ultrazilla

All new remake of Warhawk(based on the first game from PS1)

ps1_warhawk-160980.jpg

Syphon Filter

220px-Syphon_Filter.jpg

Resistance: Fall of Man

Resistance_Fall_of_Man.jpg

Killzone(can you imagine?!)

Killzonecoverart.jpg

Twisted Metal(it's time to bring the king of car combat back!)
davidjaffe davidjaffe

220px-Twisted_Metal_cover.jpg

Sony reminds me of Nintendo when it comes to underutilized I.P. Hope this showcase blows us away!

Flutta

Banned

3liteDragon

Again, is this confirmed anywhere?
Suspicions were first raised when it was noticed that PlayStation producer Claire Bromley was sharing job ads from Remedy via her LinkedIn profile, as well as posts from Remedy COO Christopher Schmitz, communications director Thomas Puha, and audio designer Sam Hughes.

That’s not a smoking gun, as she has done similar things for other third party developers, but according to Twitter source Shpeshal Ed the rumours that immediately sprung up, that Remedy is working on a PlayStation exclusive, are ‘real’.

Ed has a good track record recently, having leaked the inclusion of Final Fantasy 7 Remake in PS Plus ahead of time, but he admits to not being 100% sure of whether the game is a timed exclusive or permanent.
They were doing this for Housemarque as well when Returnal was being made, again, not officially confirmed by Sony though.

Last edited:

JimRyanGOAT

You guys are really wishful with these speculative titles

Resistance Reboot
MGS
Silent Hill
New Infamous
FromSoftware
Bloodborne Remaster
Sly Cooper

This is what were probably getting
  • Vanguard
  • Gta 5 E&E
  • Horizon
  • Some indies
  • Project Athia
  • GT 7
  • Either Firewalk or Deviation games will showcase their new multiplayer IP
  • MAYBE... Factions
  • & GOW to close the show

Overall a really solid show

Last edited:
Perhaps a teaser from Deviation and their game?

I know Flint Dille is working on it, he was one of the story editors/producers on a lot of 80s stuff like Transformers and GI Joe.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.

Resistance Reboot
MGS
Silent Hill
New Infamous
FromSoftware
Bloodborne Remaster
Sly Cooper

• Vanguard
  • Gta 5 E&E
  • Horizon
  • Some indies
  • Project Athia
  • GT 7
  • MAYBE... Factions

I say 1 or 2 big surprises and either the TLOU remake or Uncharted too that will look insane

White-fire

Resistance Reboot
MGS
Silent Hill
New Infamous
FromSoftware
Bloodborne Remaster
Sly Cooper

• Vanguard
  • Gta 5 E&E
  • Horizon
  • Some indies
  • Project Athia
  • GT 7
  • MAYBE... Factions

Remove Vanguard and add a new game announcement and I think your prediction is spot on.

Been waiting to hear about this for a long time. Hoping it is somehow Socom related, if not in name then at least a similar style of game. Supposedly they hired old Socom Confrontation and R6 Siege devs so I got my fingers crossed they can bring a decent tactical shooter to consoles.
One of the developers Simon larouche did confirm he's working on another game with Guerilla him and Chris Lee have been there since 2018 and it only took them 21 months of development for r6 siege.

What I think is interesting is we had a state of play for Horizon and then a week ago we got the release date. I see no reason for Guerilla to show anything for Horizon other than a 30 second clip.

CheeseCake

Resistance Reboot
MGS
Silent Hill
New Infamous
FromSoftware
Bloodborne Remaster
Sly Cooper

• Vanguard
  • Gta 5 E&E
  • Horizon
  • Some indies
  • Project Athia
  • GT 7
  • MAYBE... Factions

I'm betting on firewalk since Hermen had posted once he had been playing their game.

How was davidjaffe davidjaffe 's last Twisted Metal? I never got around to playing it.
It was just ok. Had some fun with it, but it's weird how the OG creator didn't seem to get the appeal of Twisted Metal. The point of the game was crazy characters and their unique vehicles. In the newest one, I think the story mode only allowed you to play as 3 characters, but you could switch to any vehicle you wanted. So, not as much replayability as the older games. The racing levels also didn't seem to fit the game as made, since it was easy to get lost in some of the bigger levels, with just a single arrow to try guide your way.

What excites me most about this conference is there isn't really a need for extra things. On the last showcase, which was still amazing, they had to include spots for PS+ as well as the date of the system launch, plus a little longer trailers for the launch titles.

Now--this can literally be 40 minutes of just trailer after trailer. I mean, basic math here I know, but if every trailer was an average of 2 minutes in length, that's over 20 games that would be shown. Factor in shorter teasers, probably could go to 25 or so.

I think it's gonna be an amazing showcase for what they have planned. It was clear due to ongoing supply issues and COVID restrictions that next-gen was really going to take off in 2022. Now we shall see how it goes.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I know it’s highly unlikely but I’m going to hope for the stars:

Here’s how I would do the presentation:
1. a release date for Gran Turismo 7. Summer 2022.
2. A Gran Turismo “greatest hits” pack containing remastered versions of Gran Turismo 1 - 4. Coming holiday 2021.
3. A remake of metal gear solid 4 by the folks who did demons souls (blue point software?), exclusive to ps5.
4. Free cloud saving for all PlayStation accounts, not just PlayStation plus members
5. Show a few trailers from stuff coming holiday 2021 and beyond
6. Astro’s Playroom 2 will be a full sized game and coming summer 2022.
7. For the rest of the week you can download Spider-Man (ps5) for free
Boom. Mic drop and done.
The screen fades to black and you hear the boot up sound of the ps1, which hypes people up and makes them wonder what it meant. Rumors get started about remakes people want and this it keeps people talking about the brand for weeks to come.

CheeseCake

2. A Gran Turismo “greatest hits” pack containing remastered versions of Gran Turismo 1 - 4. Coming holiday 2021.
3. A remake of metal gear solid 4 by the folks who did demons souls (blue point software?), exclusive to ps5.
4. Free cloud saving for all PlayStation accounts, not just PlayStation plus members
Boom. Mic drop and done.
The screen fades to black and you hear the boot up sound of the ps1, which hypes people up and makes them wonder what it meant. Rumors get started about remakes people want and this it keeps people talking about the brand for weeks to come.
Sony on thursday after none of these are shown:

entra wes craven GIF

Woodchipper

Boom. Mic drop and done.
Wtf?

Great Hair

Banned

Boom. Mic drop and done.
Sexy Drink Water GIF by Cappa Video Productions
Hungry Tom And Jerry GIF by HBO Max

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
you guys should not expect much from this showcare.

Its only 40mins long, i keep my expectation low.

Dacon

Banned
you guys should not expect much from this showcare.

Its only 40mins long, i keep my expectation low.

40 minutes would be more than enough to show off quite a lot of games provided they keep their timeslot to 2-3 minutes a piece and don't waste time jabbering about shit no one cares about and blowing smoke up their own asses about how progressive they are.

Top Bottom