• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Showcase 2021 |OT| September 9th (Show rating poll added)

How would you rate the PS5 Showcase?

• A

Votes: 83 16.2%
  • B

Votes: 147 28.7%
  • C

Votes: 133 25.9%
  • D

Votes: 98 19.1%
  • E

Votes: 52 10.1%

• Total voters

ElCasual

If we're getting a new Infamous it's going to look stunning

Its Beautiful Reaction GIF
Not if is crossgen.

I just saw Horizon FW ad on cartoon network watching Rick and Morty I doubt it's going to be at the show. There's legit no reason for Horizon to be there.

Last edited:

clintar

Some of you guys need to come back down to earth, if your expectations are too high you will undoubtedly be disappointed.

Given that it's been so long since Sony's last showcase I don't think it's wrong to expect some big things, but let's not go crazy.
You need to shut up your face.

Nickolaidas

40 minutes would be more than enough to show off quite a lot of games provided they keep their timeslot to 2-3 minutes a piece and don't waste time jabbering about shit no one cares about and blowing smoke up their own asses about how progressive they are.
The correct pronoun is "cleyrn".

JimRyanGOAT

Unpopular opinion: Wipeout should have shifted towards becoming Sonys answer to Mario Kart. More interesting track design + more focus on item usage would have saved the franchise.

I think Sony should challenge Nintendo in some areas, mainly platformers & brawlers

A solid original IP from Team Asobi & Playstation All-Star battle royale II done properly

Add1-3 solid Multiplayer exclusive IP's to take some of that player base from Overwatch, Valorant, CS, Destiny, COD, Fortnite, etc etc

If done properly, who can touch sony?

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

While I didn't hate Delsin,I hope the story and characters are more like the PS3 games but plays like Second Son,the movement in that game is probably the best of that generation.

SaucyJack

I want a big update on GT7, a trailer for God of War and some big surprises

Please no more fucking Deathloop or Horizon.

GT7 and GoW are certainties.

Horizon has had a State of Play and Deathloop has had a ton of coverage, I don’t see why either would get more than a passing mention, beyond a reminder that they’re coming.

PA series is an M.2 2280 SSD with an integrated heatsink that can be inserted directly into the PS5 expansion slot. The heat dissipation effect of the heat sink ensures stable, high-speed operation.

Nextorage has confirmed that it works with PS5 system software public beta (Beta 3.0-04.00.00) and the read speed is over 6,500 MB/s. The performance in PC environment is up to 7,300 MB/s sequential read and 6,900 MB/s sequential write. Two capacities, 2,000 GB and 1,000 GB, are available.

*This product is not a product developed under the licensing program of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.

<Sequential speed>
CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core Processor
Motherboard : MSI MEG X570 ACE
Measurement software : ATTO Disk Benchmark Ver.3, Total Length = 1 GB
<IOPS>
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor
Motherboard : Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER
Measurement software : IOMeter, 1GB range, 4K data size, QD=128, 16 workers, 4k aligned
https://www.nextorage.net/articles/210906/

Orpheum

wow I really hope it's not Infamous and that Jaffe didn't mean Mandalorian.

But if the FROM PS5 game is true it's gonna be

orgasm ovaries exploding GIF

Yeah probably. Even though i'd prefer a more horror-esque game like bloodborne, anything coming out of From Software would get me hyped af

Javthusiast

Banned
35 minutes Deathloop walkthrough, then 4 minutes and 30 seconds of GTA V Enhanced money for Take 2s Pockets edition followed by 30 final seconds of Hasans walking gif from twitter on loop.

#TheFutureofGaming
#WhereWasKnack3Baby
#WasAbandonedTheFriendsWeMadeAlongTheWay
#WouldA40MinuteTrebuchetVideoHaveBeenBetter

rofif

Banned
All new remake of Warhawk(based on the first game from PS1)

ps1_warhawk-160980.jpg

Syphon Filter

220px-Syphon_Filter.jpg

Resistance: Fall of Man

Resistance_Fall_of_Man.jpg

Killzone(can you imagine?!)

Killzonecoverart.jpg

Twisted Metal(it's time to bring the king of car combat back!)
@davidjaffe

220px-Twisted_Metal_cover.jpg

Sony reminds me of Nintendo when it comes to underutilized I.P. Hope this showcase blows us away!
Why are these the most popular answerws? You people cling to your old fucing franchises.
Don't you want something new and exciting?
Why another remake or sequel...

Why are these the most popular answerws? You people cling to your old fucing franchises.
Don't you want something new and exciting?
Why another remake or sequel...
Super fun games.
People want the same feels.

But still I would prefer something new.

GymWolf

Gold Member
If we're getting a new Infamous it's going to look stunning

Its Beautiful Reaction GIF

After the success of tsushima and the middling success of the last infamous, thh chances of a new infamous are basically zero and sucker punch is not a big enough studios to make 2 big ass open world games at the same time without shitting themselfs...

Markio128

Gold Member
We can hazard a guess at what will defo be shown on Thursday, but if I was being selfish, what would I like to see? Nothing specific, but something arcade-like and fun, but with dazzling visuals. Maybe a new Ridge Racer?

KRYPT83

Hoping for

Updates:
Horizon: Forbidden West
GT7
Little Devil Inside
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
SIFU
Forspoken

Probably there but not fussed:
Abandoned
Death Stranding: Director's Cut
Stray
Deathloop

And that's a wrap in 40mins
Forgot the Twisted Metal Reboot

KRYPT83

I want a true next-gen with an amazing dark setting Wipeout.

I want the same for Twisted Metal.

I do not get any of these 2 games. this show is useless to me.
Idk if Twisted Metal is being shown but it's def being remade and releasing as of now 2023

SpokkX

I expect
  • God of War
  • Gran Turismo
  • Kena
  • FF16

I hope we get
  • Twisted metal
  • Wipeout
  • Lemmings
  • Metal Gear
  • Castlevania

I hope we DONT get
  • TLOU remake (come on..)
  • TLOU 2 multiplayer (zzz)
  • Uncharted (unless it is i completely different type of game)
  • Infamous (that series sucks)
  • one of Sonys shitty fps series (Resistance, Killzone)
  • some multiplayer title (sony has never made a good multiplayer title)

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
After the success of tsushima and the middling success of the last infamous, thh chances of a new infamous are basically zero and sucker punch is not a big enough studios to make 2 big ass open world games at the same time without shitting themselfs...
Personally I think Ghost of Tsushima II would be much better but to be fair the last Infamous wasn't the greatest and that probably contributed the most to its sales

[Sigma]

Deadass if you think they're done with Infamous just cuz Second Son wasn't the best entry. It will resurface at some point whether it's after Ghost II or before it. I don't put much stock into the rumor though as he couldn't really follow up on the source.

Top Bottom