• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Showcase 2021 |OT| September 9th (Show rating poll added)

How would you rate the PS5 Showcase?

• A

Votes: 83 16.2%
  • B

Votes: 147 28.7%
  • C

Votes: 133 25.9%
  • D

Votes: 98 19.1%
  • E

Votes: 52 10.1%

• Total voters

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Playstation Hype Express Concept*
playstationhypetrainrtk91.png

Don't know undecided 🤔

I would like to hang from the side of the train India style, thanks.

NeoGIF

More than anything, I'm hoping that they address the shortages, and how they're planning on putting more PS5s in consumers' hands.

Holammer

Schedule for PlayStation Studios presentation:

PS4 titles:
Horizon Forbidden West
Demon's Souls

PS5 titles:
Death Stranding : Director's Cut
(plus some shit made in Unity)

PC Titles:
Bloodborne
Uncharted Collection
Ratchet and Clank : Rift Apart
Spider-Man
Spider-Man : Mile Morales
Ghost of Tsushima : Director's Cut
Horizon : Forbidden West
Demon's Souls
The Last of Us
The Last of Us Part 2

:pie_invert:
I don't think that'll happen.
but if it did?

BryceNobody

Why hasn't anyone posted Nick's tweet yet? I bet many of us here would be 100% in for a new inFAMOUS đź‘€

I like inFAMOUS but as the big surprise… that’s kinda meh. Not terrible, but not quite as exciting as some of the other suggestions I’ve been seeing.

My own far-fetched dream would be a Katamari Damacy revival. The remaster of the first game was excellent, and it’s a franchise that nobody would expect to appear.

kyliethicc

So according to him there’s a From Soft exclusive, a new Wipeout game and a new inFamous game in development.

Just checking, those are pretty big claims. If two of those get announced, I think its safe to say that he’s pretty trustworthy.
This guy claims the following Sony 1st Party games exist:

- a game from Remedy
- a new IP from From Software
- a new Sly Cooper game
- a new Wipeout game from Lucid
- a new Infamous game
- a new Twisted Metal game

No way all of it is true. Or even most.

Last edited:

Filldo

No, I took the name from the Jackie Chan movie, which is based on a Japanese manga.
The movie got a kind of mediocre score back in the day, but it’s one of my favorite movies of all time. It just has so many laugh out loud moments, at least for me.
City Hunter is amazing!!

Perrott

- a game from Remedy
- a new Sly Cooper game
- a new Infamous game

I can't speak for Twisted Metal, but everything else is true, I've known about most of these games months before they were publicly discussed by Nick. And Twisted Metal comes from Tom Henderson, not Nick.

Withnail

- a game from Remedy
- a new Sly Cooper game
- a new Infamous game

Lmao. Talk about throwing mud at the wall. I guess he's hoping to get lucky with one or two then people will forget about the others.

bender

What time is it?
A game from Remedy. Not a new game. I'm hoping for Max Payne 1-2 remasters. We'll end up getting an Alan Wake remaster. Wipeout would be more exciting if it weren't attached to Lucid games.

Fucking sly cooper

We have enough furry games as it is

Better than inFAMOUS but my don't care cup runneth over.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

A game from Remedy. Not a new game. I'm hoping for Max Payne 1-2 remasters. We'll end up getting an Alan Wake remaster. Wipeout would be more exciting if it weren't attached to Lucid games.
The rumor that been around for a while, and has some credibility and evidence, is that Remedy are making a 1st party PS5 game for Sony.

Has nothing to do with the Alan Wake remaster.

Zoanoid33

I wonder if we will see that new Guerilla games MP game.
Been waiting to hear about this for a long time. Hoping it is somehow Socom related, if not in name then at least a similar style of game. Supposedly they hired old Socom Confrontation and R6 Siege devs so I got my fingers crossed they can bring a decent tactical shooter to consoles.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Edit. Big surprises for me would be an AAA exclusive coming from Rockstar, CDPR or Square-Enix.

So, a late bloomer XD

The penny has droped on PS3 gen for most of my xboxed friends
Yep and the crazy thing is that PS1 is my favorite console of all time yet I didn't get another Playstation console until the PS4 in 2017, stupid I know

yurinka

Why hasn't anyone posted Nick's tweet yet? I bet many of us here would be 100% in for a new inFAMOUS đź‘€

Maybe because he's an XboxEra mod saying something he can't confirm about a series many people aren't excited about, and that they recently released GoT DC, so it may be too early for them to announce their next game unless they had a second track developing another AAA game. I know Sony has been growing and will grow their teams but not sure if Sucker Punch reached a point where they are working on two big AAA games at the same time.

Regarding that rumor, I'd put them to make GoT2 instead and a sci-fi/cyberpunk new IP instead and would keep Infamous buried.

- a game from Remedy
- a new Sly Cooper game
- a new Infamous game

I'd love to get a Remedy game, new IP by From Soft and a new Wipeout even if made by Lucid (I'd prefer R8 Games instead, they made the best Wipeout-like game since at least Wipeout Omega Collection/Fury/HD/2048).

I don't want new Sly Cooper, Infamouse and Twisted Metal games. Friendship ended with this guy.

P.S.: If Sony is working with Lucid again and they are making a new Twisted Metal, I think they'd fit better in Twisted Metal. But well, if I was Sony I wouldn't make another Twisted Metal game and looking at Destruction All Stars I wouldn't work with Lucid again. Or at least i'd send their character designers and animators to a drugs rehab farm.

Last edited:

Perrott

Maybe because he's an XboxEra mod and they recently released GoT DC, so it may be too early for them to announce their next game unless they had a second track developing another AAA game. If you ask me, I'd put them to make GoT2 instead and a new IP and would keep Infamous buried.
It wouldn't need to be done by Sucker Punch. I mean, just look at how Bend was given the keys to Uncharted once Days Gone 2 got axed. Could be someone else.

yurinka

It wouldn't need to be done by Sucker Punch. I mean, just look at how Bend was given the keys to Uncharted once Days Gone 2 got axed. Could be someone else.
This sounds as a good idea. And who knows, maybe it's just Nixxes making a PC port.

Only if the next infamous is a women protag and not a peak alpha male

The protagoinst of the most recent Infamous (not very clear in the artwork but it's supposed to be a woman):
Infamous_First_Light_cover_art.jpg

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
He has an account here, but won't post due to another forum looking for people who post here to ban there.
Yep or dogpile, I once wrote a thread there saying that Jedi Fallen Order although good felt a bit too much like a patchwork of what gamers liked.They dogpiled as much as saying that respawn invented parkour and platformer it was unbelievable.But I guess that shows how accepting and tolerant this community is...Especially compared to here...
There might be a bit of herd mentality in some communities here but man do we seem civilized and rational compared to there.
I mean here if a verified user start to bullshit and get called out he will be the one demoted and it won't the one calling him out to get banned.
But hey it's the tolerant forum except from everything it doesn't tolerate and cancel or insult.

Last edited:
Top Bottom