• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Showcase 2021 |OT| September 9th (Show rating poll added)

How would you rate the PS5 Showcase?

• A

Votes: 83 16.2%
  • B

Votes: 147 28.7%
  • C

Votes: 133 25.9%
  • D

Votes: 98 19.1%
  • E

Votes: 52 10.1%

• Total voters

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
BJI1Sz8.gif

I will just laugh all day if they open the show with this

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
You’re assuming the show is strictly 40 mins. It’s probably closer to 50 than 40. Last time they said 40 it was rounded down. They usually lowball the number.
Yeah i was just replying to his list it only had 7 games. I believe there will be more especially seeing how trailers are usually under 2 minutes long

yurinka

Give me 3 sequels, please. I think you and me are the only two people in the planet who want a new Parappa

If they do 3 minutes a trailer that would give us 13 games or more if some of them are 2 minutes and most trailers are 2 minutes or less

They can easily have 15 games at this showcase if they wanted
The 40 minutes are also a reference number. I think the last year they also said the same but it wasn't exactly 40 minutes. I assume it will have around a dozen of games plus a sizzle video and a small intro speech with Jim Ryan and/or Hermen.

Sony also mentioned 'big and small' devs, and 'games for the rest of 2021 and beyond', and most of the remaining 2021 exclusive games are indies. So expect to see at least 2 or 3 indies there.

Last edited:

Arcadialane

I miss the days when we would get earth shattering revelations.

But jaffee promised this would be the one, and I don't take him for a liar so I'm hyped

Last edited:

bitbydeath

No way Sony would blow their load like that but good to dream I guess.
Maybe, but it’s all possible since the teams are available.

The three Konami titles are linked to the Abandoned rumours which are said to be coming out next year.

Insomniac could easily remaster Resistance and have it ready for next year.

Bend has been working on an open world, vehicle based game since Days Gone wrapped in 2019, it too could arrive next year.

Twisted Metal has a show coming so they may want a game ready on its arrival next year.

Yoboman

Gold Member
Only Marvel IP I can think of that would make a splash would be:

Black Panther
Xmen/Wolverine
Captain America

Less impact full but potentially interesting:

Fantastic 4
Dr Strange
Deadpool

Thor I'd just rule out because of similarity to God of War

Obviously none really have the impact of Spiderman. Now the Avengers IP or even Guardians could have been interesting but they are with Square Enix

Other issue is Insomniac were just a perfect fit for a super hero IP. I dont see any other dev in the stable who could take it on in that way and still manage their own IP simultaneously. Maybe working with an outside developer like Insomniac was at the time though

But fuck it. Kojima Captain America lets gooooo

CheeseCake

Last edited:
Wonderbook finally returns with Wonderbook 2.0, now VR compatible!

Seriously tho, whatever happened to that? It flew off the radar in like 3 weeks.

Yoboman

Gold Member
What's wild to me is, as HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 has kind of hinted at, along with other insiders out there..

If they've managed to keep this tight of a lid on it all 3 days prior(still time to go, sure) there must be some serious showstoppers happening for people to respect it enough NOT to leak it.
Nah, its just that anyone who knows is not dumb enough to risk the legal fallout of leaking it

yurinka

You guys remember this? (Silent Hill)

AKIRA YAMAOKA said this back in February.

PS Showcase is pretty much the last showcase of the summer regarding gaming.

Do I think it will show up here? Nope. but there's just something I thought I'd point out.
Yes, this summer Konami announced they signed Bloober Team to make a new Silent Hill. Amaoka will work again with them for this game.

Too early to show this game, don't expect to see it in the PS showcase. If very lucky and we get something in the event will be very short teaser with a 2023 or 2024 on it.

Last edited:

Great Hair

Banned
R E P O R T E D F O R B E I N G A M E A N I E T O O T H E R F O R U M M E M B A
joker he's GIF by Pixel Bandits

You guys remember this? (Silent Hill)

AKIRA YAMAOKA said this back in February.

PS Showcase is pretty much the last showcase of the summer regarding gaming.

Do I think it will show up here? Nope. but there's just something I thought I'd point out.

We still have TGS end of Septemba. Xbox has something to show ... may bee

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Yes, this summer Konami announced they signed Bloober Team to make a new Silent Hill. Amaoka will work again with them for this game.

Too early to show this game, don't expect to see it in the PS showcase. If very lucky and we get something in the event will be very short teaser with a 2023 or 2024 on it.
Bloober debunked that rumour. They’re working on something else, not Silent Hill related.

docbot

Banned
I wouldn't expect too much, as they say.. it's mostly for titles released this holiday.

Still wondering what Microsoft is doing at this point.... they literally showed nada except Halo so far right?

saintjules

Maybe I missed this on here

Last edited:

Varteras

What hypes me about this event is what Jaffe has said. That he knows about 20% of what's going to be at the show and that if you're looking for PlayStation's typical big ticket first party games, you're not going to be disappointed. If he can tell me that just based on 1/5th of what he knows the show will be, that has me jazzed. On top of that with the head of Malaysia Studio getting us hyped and Andy Robinson from VGC saying he's heard about some "super announcements" for the event. Also sounds like the Alan Wake remaster won't be at the show, according to MBG on Twitter. Which to me is good because that makes room for a potentially bigger reveal.

I really wish we had some kind of service upgrades reveal, such as PS1/PS2/Vita games coming to PSNOW or something...
What's missing are PS3 and vita games, and a plan around the PlayStation legacy, how to keep the buzz around old games +providing a long term plan around promoting their existence and availability.

Nintendo and MS are doing it (neither is perfect, but they're doing something).

Top Bottom