• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Showcase 2021 |OT| September 9th (Show rating poll added)

How would you rate the PS5 Showcase?

• A

Votes: 83 16.2%
  • B

Votes: 147 28.7%
  • C

Votes: 133 25.9%
  • D

Votes: 98 19.1%
  • E

Votes: 52 10.1%

• Total voters

leizzra

I really hope not, Bloober are a lower league developer, they don’t have the chops to deliver this.
They are and as much as I know not everyone are thrilled about this project.

I also belive that they aren't a proper comapny for that. They changed a lot from the time when they were doing bad games - remember Basement Crawl? Still they are relying on one succes they had and there is a lot that they need to learn. Also the studio needs to get bigger, but I may be hard because they are in Cracow.

ZywyPL

Banned
Is GT7 news expected? We haven't heard anything for more than a year

I think it's safe to say that's their next game on the schedule after HFW, I personally expect the game to launch somewhere between Summer-Christmas 2022, so it's about time to start showing off the game.

cormack12

Gold Member
Man this thread has so many replies. Hope the show will be worth it and result in some proper drooling

PaleReasonableCorydorascatfish-size_restricted.gif

I am 100% sure Kojima is Hasan and I also do believe that he is working on Silent Hill.

For me it’s strange that people here have no problems believing that Blooper team is working on Silent Hill but not the numerous rumors that a second studio is also working on Silent Hill.

I mean with the recent tweet from AlHub it is nearly confirmed that Abandoned is something bigger and except Kojima I wouldn’t know who is capable of such an act.

Last edited:

Arcadialane

For me it’s strange that people here have no problems believing that Blooper team is working on Silent Hill but not the numerous rumors that a second studio is also working on Silent Hill.
We have literally had statements from Konami and other dev teams that they are working on a silent hill game and are in partnership with bloober.

Last edited:

Klik

I think it's safe to say that's their next game on the schedule after HFW, I personally expect the game to launch somewhere between Summer-Christmas 2022, so it's about time to start showing off the game.
If its releases in Q4 2022 its gonna be 5 years in development which is really a lot for a racing game. I hope they didnt spent 1 year just to optimize/downgrade game for PS4

ZywyPL

Banned
If its releases in Q4 2022 its gonna be 5 years in development which is really a lot for a racing game. I hope they didnt spent 1 year just to optimize/downgrade game for PS4

Ryan (or Hulst?) said in an interview that releasing GT7 on both consoles was a very late decision, so I imagine PD did have to put additional work to port the game down to PS4, as oppose to creating it for both platforms from the get-go. but man, GT7 in late 2022 would be a perfect Christmas gift for me.

All Sony needs to do is a Metal Gear Solid and/or Silent Hill logo with exclusivity messaging and they'll 'win' 2021.
Is Silent Hill really that big? If i googeled correctly they sold around 9 million copies with 17 games, many on several platforms. Doesn't sound too impressive to me.

They're calling this a showcase and not a state of play so they have to be held to a certain standard,I'm expecting to at least be as good as last years showcase.
I want to be blown away, I'm hoping for a real visual benchmark (we haven't had that yet IMO). I just feel the hype levels here are too high.

yurinka

How does that proof he is not working on Silent Hills? DS was finished in 2019 and do you think the studio spend all their working force on the DC, since then?
DC is nothing more than some DLC, so only a skeleton crew is working on it, why the rest of the team already went on to move on the next big thing. Do you really think the Resident Evil 8 team is solely working now on the DLC?

Most of the team at the Kojima productions was surely working since 2019 already on the next game. Or you think we don't hear anything from Kojima productions now for the next 2 years, because they were busy with the DC and just started development on the next game?
Since 2019 they ported the game to PC, have been making DSDC and the PS5 improvements and according to Kojima the Covid heavily affected them so couldn't work a lot. And according to Norman Reedus, they started to work on DS2 since they are negotiating with him to work on it, so they are still in prepoduction if still didn't secure the protagonist actor.

According to Wikipedia as of 2019 they were 80 people. Not enough people to work on a 2nd AAA at the same time.

yurinka

I'd say February Horizon, April GoW, June GT7, September TLOUDC (TLOU2 PS5 + TLOU1 remake + TLOU2 MP standalone game), November Spider-Man 2.

Ryan (or Hulst?) said in an interview that releasing GT7 on both consoles was a very late decision, so I imagine PD did have to put additional work to port the game down to PS4, as oppose to creating it for both platforms from the get-go. but man, GT7 in late 2022 would be a perfect Christmas gift for me.
Source? I'd say it's just an assumption from some gaffer. As I remember what he said is that covid affected them and needed some time polish the games and Hermen don't want them to crunch too much so gave them extra time.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
I hope GT7 comes out in Spring 2022.

We need an early GT for once. They can sustain it with updates and DLC for years. I felt Sport, especially for what it was, came out a bit too late as well.

Really? GT:S seemed rushed, with lacking content, especially the absence of SP mode was heavily criticized. Similar case with GT6 if we're at it, with many things being promised to be added later via updates. So that being said, the later GT7 arrives the better IMO, I don't mind additional content added with time, but please be a complete game on launch date, it's GT FFS, it cannot be half-assed on release date.

KAL2006

Banned
I'd say February Horizon, April GoW, June GT7, September TLOUDC (TLOU2 PS5 + TLOU1 remake + TLOU2 MP standalone game), November Spider-Man 2.

Source? I'd say it's just an assumption from some gaffer. As I remember what he said is that covid affected them and needed some time polish the games and Hermen don't want them to crunch too much so gave them extra time.

You truly believe Sony will bundle a full on remake, a remaster and Factions in one package.

I expect Last of Us 2 Directors Cut this fall

Factions (rumoured to be rebooted they are still hiring key decelopers not long ago) August 2022 the earliest.

Last of Us 1 Remake, full remake PS5 only 2023. TV show will be released around end of 2022 and 2023 most likely for marketing synergy.

If Sony do that massive bundle then that will be one of the best deals in gaming since Orange Box. Perhaps Demons Souls remake should have been bundled with Bloodborne Remastered and a new multiplayer game set in the Soulsverse.

Some of y'all predictions are really something.

SkylineRKR

Really? GT:S seemed rushed, with lacking content, especially the absence of SP mode was heavily criticized. Similar case with GT6 if we're at it, with many things being promised to be added later via updates. So that being said, the later GT7 arrives the better IMO, I don't mind additional content added with time, but please be a complete game on launch date, it's GT FFS, it cannot be half-assed on release date.

GT:S came out rather late in the PS4 cycle, and it was incomplete still. I hope for GT7, especially since its already pushed back for a year, its out relatively early but also a complete product. From there, just expand it. Its likely the only racing game I would need on PS5 in that case.

I don't believe in sequels for games like this. There doesn't have to be a GT8 if you update the previous game with new cars, circuits and improve other things.

Klik

Just in time for PSVR2😁. I don't know if you ever tried VR for simracing but it is so immersive that it completely demolish my triple screen. Its like you're actually in a car on a track. It's one of those things that you really need to try to actually believe how good it is.

Im 34yo and the last time a was blown away like this was when i went from 480p to HDTV

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
Just in time for PSVR2😁. I don't know if you ever tried VR for simracing but it is so immersive that it completely demolish my triple screen. Its like you're actually in a car on a track. It's one of those things that you really need to try to actually believe how good it is

I did, I said multiple times even regarding VR that as much as it sucks for gaming, it's absolutely amazing for all sort of sims. If only we could get a full-fat campaign experience with track full of cars, unlike what they did in GT:S, now that would be a game-changer.

saintjules

I agree with Max. Seeing anything major regarding HZD is low. Considering it was recently shown at SoP and we got a release date. He also thinks that there's a low chance we see FFXVI here. Probably saving for TGS, but the Developers already said they might not have anything ready to show by then. All up in the air I guess.

Last edited:

sainraja

Agreed

These franchises have run their course without ever breaking through.

Id happily try a new IP FPS from Insomniac or Guerrilla but they don't need the baggage of those PS3 wet farts
There are people who want to play those games and see a sequel to them. If they are not your cup of tea, you are not required to play them. Just skip.

SLB1904

Banned
I agree with Max. Seeing anything major regarding HZD is low. Considering it was recently shown at SoP and we got a release date. He also thinks that there's a low chance we see FFXVI here. Probably saving for TGS, but the Developers already said they might not have anything ready to show by then. All up in the air I guess.

My guts tell me ffxvi will be there. I hope so the first trailer was the first time I was hyped for ff game. I guess blood foes that to me 😆

Top Bottom