• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Showcase 2021 |OT| September 9th (Show rating poll added)

How would you rate the PS5 Showcase?

• A

Votes: 83 16.2%
  • B

Votes: 147 28.7%
  • C

Votes: 133 25.9%
  • D

Votes: 98 19.1%
  • E

Votes: 52 10.1%

• Total voters

yurinka

Bloober debunked that rumour. They’re working on something else, not Silent Hill related.
Source?

Bloober said they were 'working on an existing horror IP from a very famous gaming publisher' before signing with Konami. When signed, Konami said it was “excited to work with Bloober Team and other highly regarded development partners to produce games from existing and new IPs.”

What other existing horror IP does have Konami? And if they have another one I'm forgetting, why they would push it now instead of Silent Hill?

And if you're talking about this, they didn't deny to be working on Silent Hill:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...s-based-on-outdated-or-incomplete-information

Last edited:
albert einstein GIF

All these random rumors.

Unpopular opinion: Wipeout should have shifted towards becoming Sonys answer to Mario Kart. More interesting track design + more focus on item usage would have saved the franchise.
ead084193629498b06469b1d8514081b-1200-80.jpg.webp

Horrible opinion. That series is more niche than Resogun. LittleBigKarting or Astro Racing is the only way to go.

Twisted Metal - Santa Monica

The internet would crash
, it would. They are expecting GOW2.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Source?

Bloober said they were 'working on an existing horror IP from a very famous gaming publisher' before signing with Konami. When signed, Konami said it was “excited to work with Bloober Team and other highly regarded development partners to produce games from existing and new IPs.”

What other existing horror IP does have Konami? And if they have another one I'm forgetting, why they would push it now instead of Silent Hill?

And if you're talking about this, they didn't deny to be working on Silent Hill:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...s-based-on-outdated-or-incomplete-information
Where’s your source that it’s a horror title?
It could also be a new IP with Konami as the publisher.

Silent Hill was debunked by IGN.
At Bloober Team we have two active internal projects, one in the production phase and one in the pre-production phase. Both are going to be bigger in scope than The Medium, however, neither of them is based on themes or premises that have been circulating online in the last days."

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
There is a game that has been revealed years ago with a terrible trailer it was from a Russian devs i think. I forgot the name but it has something related to memories or something like that. and they promise with a better trailer and quality.

maybe ..

yurinka

Where’s your source that it’s a horror title?
It could also be a new IP with Konami as the publisher.

Silent Hill was debunked by IGN.

My source is the Bloober CEO.

He said this February '"In fact, we've been working for more than a year on another gaming project, another horror IP, and we're doing this with a very famous gaming publisher. I can't tell you who. I can't tell you what the project is, but I'm pretty sure when people realize we're working on it, they will be very excited."

Gawlikowski didn't debunk anything related with Silent Hill in that IGN article, he doesn't mention Silent Hill. Bloober has been working on a horror IP that will have people very excited where Konami is the publiher and Yamaoka the composer. So it's clearly Silent Hill.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
My source is the Bloober CEO.

He said this February '"In fact, we've been working for more than a year on another gaming project, another horror IP, and we're doing this with a very famous gaming publisher. I can't tell you who. I can't tell you what the project is, but I'm pretty sure when people realize we're working on it, they will be very excited."

Gawlikowski didn't debunk anything related with Silent Hill in that IGN article, he doesn't mention Silent Hill. Bloober has been working on a horror IP that will have people very excited where Konami is the publiher and Yamaoka the composer. So it's clearly Silent Hill.
We’ll have to wait and see, there’s no confirmation of Silent Hill in the source you quoted or Konami. Gawlimowski didn’t cite Silent Hill directly but it does mention the rumours which was only ever about Silent Hill.

Last edited:

yurinka

ead084193629498b06469b1d8514081b-1200-80.jpg.webp

Horrible opinion. That series is more niche than Resogun. LittleBigKarting or Astro Racing is the only way to go.

, it would. They are expecting GOW2.
I'd like to see a cartoon kart game with characters from LBP, Astro, Knack, Parappa, SotC, Bloodborne, God of War, Uncharted, TLOU, TLG, Journey, Gravity Rush in a fun/kiddy way like LBP or Astro. Not something 'serious' like PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale.

Basically a modernized Crash Team Racing / Mario Kart with Astro/LBP vibes but using the Sohy IPs instead of Crash.

We’ll have to wait and see, there’s no confirmation of Silent Hill in the source you quoted or Konami. Gawlimowski didn’t cite Silent Hill directly but it does mention the rumours which was only ever about Silent Hill.
The dev who makes Silent Hill-like stuff and the Silent Hill composer will work in a horror IP that will get everyone excited with a big publisher who is Konami, the one whose only horror IP is Silent Hill.

Some old projects/pitches of that dev get leaked, he says they are outdated and cancelled, but they have another one with the same codename of one of these without mentioning Silent Hill.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Or maybe they're just posting about the 10th anniversary of Resistance.... I doubt insomniac is working on Resistance, they just released 2 games less than 12 months apart.
It could be a remake which would be less time consuming and Insomniac Games released like 6 or 7 games last generation, a few of them were smaller but still

bitbydeath

Gold Member
The dev who makes Silent Hill-like stuff and the Silent Hill composer will work in a horror IP that will get everyone excited with a big publisher who is Konami, the one whose only horror IP is Silent Hill.
Where are you getting that from now?
Neither of those accounts were related to Bloober.

I'd like to see a cartoon kart game with characters from LBP, Astro, Knack, Parappa, SotC, Bloodborne, God of War, Uncharted, TLOU, TLG, Journey, Gravity Rush in a fun/kiddy way like LBP or Astro. Not something 'serious' like PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale.

Basically a modernized Crash Team Racing / Mario Kart with Astro/LBP vibes but using the Sohy IPs instead of Crash.

Some old projects/pitches of that dev get leaked, he says they are outdated and cancelled, but they have another one with the same codename of one of these without mentioning Silent Hill.
I really don't understand why you are so sure, that there is only 1 Silent Hill project in the works. The rumors about 2 Silent Hill projects came from different sources and some high regarded outlets even picked up on them. Are you an insider that you seem to know very well that there is only one project from blooper team?

Akira Yamaoka said we will hear about a project everyone is hoping to hear about and as you pointed out yourself, it is too early for the blooper team's one, if that is really a thing.

There were also multiple rumors last year about Kojima working on Silent Hills and although these were questionable at that time, I believe that Kojima is working on a Sony project and since he wanted to make a horror game, Silent Hill would be the perfect fit. Also there is the whole Blue Box thing and a tweet from Al Hub today, who did an interview in the past with Hasan, said that something regarding this will be revealed at the showcase and if this whole blue box thing is indeed true, all signs point to Kojima.

yurinka

I really don't understand why you are so sure, that there is only 1 Silent Hill project in the works. The rumors about 2 Silent Hill projects came from different sources and some high regarded outlets even picked up on them. Are you an insider that you seem to know very well that there is only one project from blooper team?

Akira Yamaoka said we will hear about a project everyone is hoping to hear about and as you pointed out yourself, it is too early for the blooper team's one, if that is really a thing.

There were also multiple rumors last year about Kojima working on Silent Hills and although these were questionable at that time, I believe that Kojima is working on a Sony project and since he wanted to make a horror game, Silent Hill would be the perfect fit. Also there is the whole Blue Box thing and a tweet from Al Hub today, who did an interview in the past with Hasan, said that something regarding this will be revealed at the showcase and if this whole blue box thing is indeed true, all signs point to Kojima.
I think Yamaoka thought that when they did announce this summer the Bloober and Konami deal they were also going to announce that the deal is to make a Silent Hill game.

In the recent years Konami barely invested in big games so it would make sense to invest only in one. And if they decide to invest in 2 big games, it would make sense to diversify their offer, making one of each IP. It's very rare for companies to develop two AAA games of the same IP at the same time unless they're so huge and develop yearly games (like FIFA or AC) or cases like Nintendo where they are focuse on a few IPs and release a ton of games of them (ex: they can be making a 2D Mario, a 3D mario, a Mario Kart, a Mario Golf etc at the same time, like half of their games are about the Mario universe).

Plus many of the other Silent Hill rumors are already debunked: Kojima working on Silent Hills (he was working on DS and DS DC instead), Sony Japan Studio working on it (they were restructuring it and firing people, and working in games like Astro), Bokeh working on it (when they did show a bit of their first project, it looks more like DMC than Silent Hill) etc.

Instead it's pretty clear that Bloober is working on Silent Hills by combining what Bloober, Konami and Yamaoka said. Yamaoka said that this summer they were going to be his next game, that is the one where people expects/want him to do (so Silent Hill). His next project is another Bloober Team game, who announced this summer that Konami will publish their next game. Next game that previously said was going to be a horror IP with a very famous publisher that would really hype the people. Konami's only popular horror IP is Silent Hill.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I hope it's a remake instead of just a remaster.

But I think it's just a remaster. Insomniac is already too loaded with a lot of games in the pipeline.
I'd prefer remake too. A remaster might be okay, but as someone who has recently played Resistance 3, it hasn't aged very well at all.

Kojima working on Silent Hills (he was working on DS and DS DC instead)
How does that proof he is not working on Silent Hills? DS was finished in 2019 and do you think the studio spend all their working force on the DC, since then? DC is nothing more than some DLC, so only a skeleton crew is working on it, why the rest of the team already went on to move on the next big thing. Do you really think the Resident Evil 8 team is solely working now on the DLC?

Most of the team at the Kojima productions was surely working since 2019 already on the next game. Or you think we don't hear anything from Kojima productions now for the next 2 years, because they were busy with the DC and just started development on the next game?

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Give me 3 sequels, please. I think you and me are the only two people in the planet who want a new Parappa
E3 2015 definitely was a special moment that you can't recreate in this way. It was just a thought that this presentation could live up to these times in a way. Although i mostly always find something interesting in a State Of Play or other presentations i miss being blown away by an incredible showcase. I really hope that i will be in awe when this is over.

Parappa was always incredible and i can't believe we haven't gotten a new one. Lets see what Sony drops. I'm excited!

Editaur

I'm a little optimistic about this event only because of the long wait.

I predict there will be an announcement of PS5 shipments ramping up towards the holidays and a price cut on the PS4/Pros which seems long overdue.

SkylineRKR

I would like something Resistance related, actually.

About Bloober, well, they are highly likely working on SH. Just the fact Konami signed them and their pedigree with SH like horror games. But not looking forward to it much as Bloober isn't exactly my favourite studio.

cormack12

Gold Member
I seem to recall that Insomniac have been tweeting stuff about Resistance every now and again over the past 6-12 months..?

Yeah they randomly tweet stuff about their other games. It could still be resistance, but this makes me more inclined to believe it isn't.

Withnail

I seem to recall that Insomniac have been tweeting stuff about Resistance every now and again over the past 6-12 months..?

Other than Spider-Man, I can't think what else they might have on their plates right now. I think they said they generally work on two projects at once, so ... maybe?

Or perhaps we'll get Sunset Overdrive on PS4 / PS5?

I think there's a good chance they're making a VR game for PSVR2.

leizzra

Bloober IS working on Silent Hill. I don't know only if they are the main studio responsible for that (probably they are). They will deny it until official announcement.

Arcadialane

I'm 90% that bloober is doing silent hill, I would put money on it. We know for a fact they are working on a title together with Konami, so best guess is probably SH

Last edited:
Top Bottom