• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Showcase 2021 |OT| September 9th (Show rating poll added)

How would you rate the PS5 Showcase?

• A

Votes: 83 16.2%
  • B

Votes: 147 28.7%
  • C

Votes: 133 25.9%
  • D

Votes: 98 19.1%
  • E

Votes: 52 10.1%

• Total voters

Withnail

Could ND finally reveal the Factions MP here? It's been ages since tlou2 came out. I poured in hundreds of hours into the factions from tlou.

I hope they do and hope it's not completely messed up. Don't trust ND anymore. Especially with MP games they have a record of completely messing things up and going overboard.

I think there's a good chance we see it. People expecting a bolt on to TLOU2 are going to be surprised IMO, I think it's going to be the next major standalone game from ND which happens to be multiplayer focused and set in TLOU universe. It will be pretty clear why it's taken a while.

Dr Bass

I'm getting this weird feeling there is gonna be nothing there that appeals to me. Hope I am wrong, but you know... I always hope these shows have something that appeals to me so I guess that goes without saying. :pie_thinking:

fragganaut

pshe2021alt2124mk1w.jpg
Can you please add me, thanks!

anothertech

I seriously doubt there will be mid gen refresh consoles that are nearly double in peak theoretical performance as the once we have now.
I dunno. 20TF Pro models of these consoles? I mean, shit that would be nice but wouldn't they just rather wait until next gen for PS6 to release consoles with such high specs?
Next gen in 7 years puts us in the 50 to 60tf category, if you can imagine.

5 to 7 to times current gen.

Remember, xbone was 1.3tf console. PS4 1.8.

20tf mid gen is pretty low actually :)

supernova8

Banned
10 p.m. for me, I already agreed with my team I'll be coming to work in the afternoon tomorrow due to a very busy night on the internet

5:30am for me here in Japan. I'm gonna go to bed early tonight (as if I'm a child waiting for Christmas lol). Might just have a few whiskies in the evening to put me to sleep, I usually don't sleep til like 1am (my work shift starts mid-morning so I get up later than most people).

nbkicker

Ill be watching the show, but think people need to calm there expectations for this show otherwise they gonna be disappointed, you just need to look at all the other events we had this yr and they all been mediocre, im just expecting updates to games we already have seem before in some form, i hope im proved wrong, but think the biggest thing to come from the show will be it finishing on gow2 gameplay or ingame trailer

ZywyPL

Banned
but think people need to calm there expectations for this show otherwise they gonna be disappointed, you just need to look at all the other events we had this yr and they all been mediocre

81224f88af576e55cef077d80510052d.png

After whole year of silence it's their now or never, they wouldn't bother with a separate event if it wasn't anything big/meaningless. If they wanted to show indies and 3rd party titles there were E3, GC and TGS to do that, even SoT episodes. But this is where they gonna show what's coming in 2022-23, what their studios have been working on this whole time.

Dca5F3w.gif

Not mine, taken from Resetera, no idea the who is the owner of this gif.

fyea.gif

LMFAO at baby Hassan xD

Last edited:

GymWolf

The key is showing great games, it doesn't matter whether they are cross-gen or not.

People were losing their shit at E3 for Elden Ring, which is a cross-gen title. Quality is what really matters in the end, labels and exclusivity are only fuel for console wars.
The difference is that nobody expect nextgen tech\stuff from FS, but you buy a fucking ps5 to play ps5 games, not crossgen games.

nbkicker

deathloop, kena , gt7 , gtav, gow 2, horizon 2, ghostwire , sifu , cod and few indies and maybe one suprise to finish the show just like gow announcement, the presentation says showing games coming this xmas and beyond, sonys not gonna show gt7, horizon 2, gow 2 which are all big hitters for sony then show a load more off

skit_data

The difference is that nobody expect nextgen tech\stuff from FS, but you buy a fucking ps5 to play ps5 games, not crossgen games.
Yeah, expectations are a little different. From Software could’ve shown Elden Ring running on a potato at 10fps and it wouldn’t have impacted my hype levels.

GymWolf

pshe2021alt21185jfs.jpg

All aboard.
If you want on or I've missed you let me know.
Cuz after tonite I'll be in work until hour before the show.
So get your tickets in now !!

I'll give you a like to let you know I seen your request 👍

So I've got Spiderman, Kratros, Bloodborne, a Monster from Silent Hill and Shadow Moses from MGS.
Anything else?
Put a dinobot fom horizon in the mix.

GymWolf

I'll be surprised if they have something bigger than spiderman 2 or god of war to show.

I don't see SH or Metal Gear happening.

Honestly, if a new naughty dog IP was announced that'd top it all for me
Really not sure if in modern days, mgs\sh are actually bigger than gow\spidey...

Last REAL good sh and mgs are from ps2 era...

Mgs5 was a great game but an ultra shitty mgs game.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
pshe2021alt21185jfs.jpg

All aboard.
If you want on or I've missed you let me know.
Cuz after tonite I'll be in work until hour before the show.
So get your tickets in now !!

I'll give you a like to let you know I seen your request 👍

So I've got Spiderman, Kratros, Bloodborne, a Monster from Silent Hill and Shadow Moses from MGS.
Anything else?
This is amazing, I’ll uodate the OP when everyone is on board

Woodchipper

My final predictions are as follows…

Will be seen:
- God of War
- Gran Turismo 7
- Kena
- The Last of Us multiplayer

Will not be seen:
- Hideo Kojima
- Twisted Metal
- New IP from Naughty Dog
- Metal Gear Solid remake
- Castlevania
- Silent Hill
- Bluepoint’s next project
- Insomniac’s next project

boomcrab

Ill be watching the show, but think people need to calm there expectations for this show otherwise they gonna be disappointed, you just need to look at all the other events we had this yr and they all been mediocre, im just expecting updates to games we already have seem before in some form, i hope im proved wrong, but think the biggest thing to come from the show will be it finishing on gow2 gameplay or ingame trailer
I agree with you, every single time theres an event this forum gets way too ahead of themselves. It's always "Its now or never! They have to show this and that and all of these to stay relevant!" Then they have a genuinely good showcase but because Silent Hill wasnt announced it's one of the worst events they've ever seen. Sometimes there are exceptions and we get a real banger of an event, but those are so distantly spaced that it's just wiser to keep expectations in check. You all have to remember that PS5 is selling just fine, actually, way more than that. Why play all these heavy hitting cards now?

Bartski

Gold Member
Is there not a fucking countdown somewhere?

I swear I've seen these clock timers in these threads prior to the show but for some reason this thread doesn't have one in the OP.

Somebody dropped the fucking ball. Can we get a countdown in the OP please?
Thats a widget that doesn’t work anymore. The closest we got is the countdown on youtube

Schmick

I'm really looking forward to this.

I wonder if there will be any PS Now news? Maybe an announcement on how its going to grow in the future i.e. start introducing PS5 games to the service.

Top Bottom