• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Showcase 2021 |OT| September 9th (Show rating poll added)

How would you rate the PS5 Showcase?

• A

Votes: 83 16.2%
  • B

Votes: 147 28.7%
  • C

Votes: 133 25.9%
  • D

Votes: 98 19.1%
  • E

Votes: 52 10.1%

• Total voters

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
pshe2021alt212232kdf.jpg

Now I'm done!

This is incredible!

Hats off, if you can squeeze a little Dench on there it would be saweet. No worries if not :)

Calverz

Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) is constant and used as the reference for all time zones.

On the last Sunday in March the UK moves to British Summertime (BST) which is GMT+1. We return to GMT on the last Sunday in October.
Thank you for explaining this to a simpleton like me lol

Bartski

Gold Member
Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) is constant and used as the reference for all time zones.

On the last Sunday in March the UK moves to British Summertime (BST) which is GMT+1. We return to GMT on the last Sunday in October.

ok I think this PRO TIP needs repeating:

Paste time in google search, for example: "9:00 pm BST". The search result is your LOCAL time at 9:00 pm BST. You're welcome.

Ezekiel_

Banned
pshe2021alt21185jfs.jpg

All aboard.
If you want on or I've missed you let me know.
Cuz after tonite I'll be in work until hour before the show.
So get your tickets in now !!

I'll give you a like to let you know I seen your request 👍

So I've got Spiderman, Kratros, Bloodborne, a Monster from Silent Hill and Shadow Moses from MGS.
Anything else?
Alright Captain, might as well hop on.

One ticket please my good sir.

Since I'm cautiously optimistic, economy class will do. Window side if possible.

REDRZA MWS

Console Warriorism:

:
a person engaged or experienced in console warfare
Broadly: a person engaged in some gaming platform struggle or conflict within

Eg. A program of forum trolling and cult like worship of plastic boxes that turns untried civilians into console warriors

WarmheartedOptimalHorsefly-size_restricted.gif
Spot on. I have never understood the level of stupidity of console warriors. If you are a gamer, does it matter what plastic casing the hardware is in? If game look good, play good, have great stories and experiences, great multiplayer and whatever else makes a game good what’s the fucking point of tearing down one or the other? Play what you own and enjoy it. Life is too short for this level of stupidity.

matty3092

Not to be a Debbie downer but I really hope tonight's showcase is good but I expect very little from it tbh hope everyone enjoys tho

yurinka

I think they'll show:
- Kena launch trailer, September 2021
- GTAV E&E PS5, trilogy remake, November 2021
- Little Devil Inside, December 2021
- Forspoken trailer, January 2022
- GOWR gameplay reveal trailer, April 2022
- GT7 trailer, June 2022
- Sizzle reel including Vanguard, Deathloop, Far Cry 6 and remaining 2021 exclusive indies and multis

Maybe:
- Uncharted 4 PC port trailer, November 2021
- Horizon FW, February 2022
- TLOU2DC : TLOU2 PS5+TLOU1 remake+TLOU2 Factions reveal trailer, (September) 2022
- Spider-Man 2 cinematic trailer, (November) 2022
- Bluepoint acquisition + MGS remake, 2022
- Arrowhead's AAA game reveal trailer, 2022
- Dragon's Dogma 2 reveal trailer, 2022/2023
- Capcom's new IP reveal trailer, 2022/2023
- Dragon Quest XII gameplay trailer, 2022/2023
- Final Fantasy XVI gameplay trailer, 2022/2023
- PS Now/Plus improvements

Pretty difficult but still possible:
- Uncharted 4 Director's Cut (PS5 version, includes Lost Legacy and PC version improvements), November 2021
- Firesprite AAA game teaser reveal, 2022
- Guerrilla's other game teaser reveal, 2023
- Bloodborne PC port + Bloodborne Director's Cut (PS5), 2022

I want to see there but won't happen:
- Firewalk's new Wipeout teaser reveal, 2022
-Team Asobi's LocoRoco 3, May 2022
-Announcement that in addition to in a new IP, Bend is also working on Days Gone 2
-ARC System Works acquisition

They’re making a ”dark narrative driven AAA game”. Combine that with the heavy indications of a remake/reboot. What do we get:

Firesprite Studios are making Soul Reaver.
0% chances, it won't happen. There's no point for Sony to develop a game of a minor, dead, Square Enix IP.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
They’re making a ”dark narrative driven AAA game”. Combine that with the heavy indications of a remake/reboot. What do we get:

Firesprite Studios are making Soul Reaver.
that would be AMAZING & imagine the meltdown of disciples of Hennig if they didn't hire her to do it.

If the bomb drops (or two) the rest of the showings don't have to be that great/unexpected. Many expect God of War alone to carry the show through the roof and generate a lot of hype, but that's the thing, to me God of War is not in the ""bomb" category, not for Sony this year anyway because it is expected. I think they need to show variety and a glimpse of the future. And I'm of the opinion this is prime time to drop something unexpected (a true bomb) that wows everyone and paints a clear picture of what a full next-gen PS5 exclusive can look like (think of Wukong level or even more amazing).

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
If the bomb drops (or two) the rest of the showings don't have to be that great/unexpected. Many expect God of War alone to carry the show through the roof and generate a lot of hype, but that's the thing, to me God of War is not in the ""bomb" category, not for Sony this year anyway because it is expected. I think they need to show variety and a glimpse of the future. And I'm of the opinion this is prime time to drop something unexpected (a true bomb) that wows everyone and paints a clear picture of what a full next-gen PS5 exclusive can look like (think of Wukong level or even more amazing).
Happy Jim Carrey GIF

Top Bottom