• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall – “Welcome to Redfall” Official Trailer

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
FIrst I've heard of this I can remember. Looks good. Like everything Back 4 Blood could only dream of being and so much more. I like the idea of fighting vampires too.

At least six more months? The videos don't look like a game six+ months from release, but OK.

well thats the thing , i never said that the game sucks ( because obviously the game isnt out ) , i was only talking about what i saw in the trailers
i hope they prove me wrong and they deliver a good vampire hunting game with a good story but from what i saw atm it isnt happening
I just think that idea of “it isn’t happening” is something we really have no idea of - even from the trailers there just isn’t enough to know

samoilaaa

I just think that idea of “it isn’t happening” is something we really have no idea of - even from the trailers there just isn’t enough to know
this is a thing that ive noticed , i might be wrong but every game that had a good story made sure that the trailer said that , games like the witcher , deus ex , the last of us all of them made sure that their trailer was showing the viewer that story was the main focus and it showed the tone of the game
look at the 1st witcher trailer way back in 2007 when the technology wasnt even near to what it is today

just the trailer made me curious what monster i was fighting and why i was fighting it , who was the masked swordsman , why do i look like that and whats my role ?
same goes for deus ex

amazing trailer that makes you want to play the game to find out more
im not saying to judge the finished product base on the trailer but many times the trailer does show how the game might be , the tone , the atmosphere , the personality of the characters

Last edited:

PuffyCan

It does seem a bit strange, it looks basically ready and you would of thought they would push for it this year, it must be coming before Starfield.
well it was supposed to come out before starfield, since both got delayed I think it's still the case

this is a thing that ive noticed , i might be wrong but every game that had a good story made sure that the trailer said that , games like the witcher , deus ex , the last of us all of them made sure that their trailer was showing the viewer that story was the main focus and it showed the tone of the game
look at the 1st witcher trailer way back in 2007 when the technology wasnt even near to what it is today

just the trailer made me curious what monster i was fighting and why i was fighting it , who was the masked swordsman , why do i look like that and whats my role ?
same goes for deus ex

amazing trailer that makes you want to play the game to find out more
im not saying to judge the finished product base on the trailer but many times the trailer does show how the game might be , the tone , the atmosphere , the personality of the characters

I guess just because I’ve played arkane and know their work - they haven’t really missed yet. But they suck at trailers - means I trust it will be good

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I guess just because I’ve played arkane and know their work - they haven’t really missed yet. But they suck at trailers - means I trust it will be good

This is what has my interest as well. Prey 2016 was marketed very poorly but the end result was one of the best and most memorable games of the PS4/XBO gen.

samoilaaa

they dont suck at trailers at all

dishonored has one of the best trailers ever full of action and mystery

Kagey K

Banned
It does seem a bit strange, it looks basically ready and you would of thought they would push for it this year, it must be coming before Starfield.
I'm guessing that they only threw extra time onto it to polish it up as much as they could to stop "Craig" frames.

Or MS believes they will have adequate supplies of Series X on shelves starting next spring and want a deluge of games to go with it.

they dont suck at trailers at all

dishonored has one of the best trailers ever full of action and mystery

The trailers for deathloop and prey sucked and both of those were great - dishonoreds the exception imo - deathloop I was skeptical of until it got the good reviews and I played it myself - I didn’t even attempt to play prey until I was bored and found it on gamepass and it blew me away. But maybe I’m playing the games for a different reason - I like the way they design levels and gameplay loops - which as long as this isn’t focused too much on online coop (Which I’ll never touch) I trust they’ll nail

Last edited:
Why would they add a multiplayer mode for marketing purposes? There’s a lot of folks that love coop experiences.
I think there’s a lot of pressure to have a heavy focus on online components nowadays - honestly if this game was couch co op it’d be a different story cus then I could play with people I know next to me. I love couch co op. But online doesn’t do it for me

Stuart360

Still not feeling this game, its just so 'un Arkane'. Now that i know the game does have a proper campaign, i will at least give the game a try on Gamepass.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Still not feeling this game, its just so 'un Arkane'. Now that i know the game does have a proper campaign, i will at least give the game a try on Gamepass.
They have stated this will not be a typical Arkane game. It's clearly going the co-op objective shooter route, so I wouldn't expect the campaign to be like dishonored or anything.

Top Bottom