• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall – “Welcome to Redfall” Official Trailer

Ozriel

M$FT
Honestly the only thing that really concerns me is the online co op stuff. I don’t play games with people online and like talk to them and shit I don’t want to do that. Maybe they added that for marketing purposes I don’t know but if it doesn’t get in the way of the single player experience then all good

Why would they add a multiplayer mode for marketing purposes? There’s a lot of folks that love coop experiences.

clarky

Gold Member
Calling out like a screeching 13yo teen is raging. Then proceeding to call out my avatar….to discredit me? Because I don’t like what up you like…. 😂

Adults don’t behave like this, so I can only assume you are not one and can only wish you the best in life.
not sure how you get im screeching from a few words but whatever, and i dont like what you like? your probably right as you dont seem to like anything at all.

A bit of light hearted banter about your avatar is not meant to discredit, Jesus. Get over yourself.

Enough of the derail.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
I can’t speak for anybody else but I never used the online. The single player was the selling point for me, as with all arkane games

The game is growing on me. The humor looks pretty lame but fine for this type of thing to me. Don’t love the graphics but it looks kinda similar to deathloop art style. Honestly the only thing that really concerns me is the online co op stuff. I don’t play games with people online and like talk to them and shit I don’t want to do that. Maybe they added that for marketing purposes I don’t know but if it doesn’t get in the way of the single player experience then all good
They said theres no friendly AI in this so your good to play solo

Shmunter

not sure how you get im screeching from a few words but whatever, and i dont like what you like? your probably right as you dont seem to like anything at all.

A bit of light hearted banter about your avatar is not meant to discredit, Jesus. Get over yourself.

Enough of the derail.
Let’s see…

Pretty much all of Arkanes games have done fuck all at retail, so your hoping for more failures so that they can fail some more?

Thank fuck your not in charge.

I’m hoping for more failures and thank fuck I’m not in charge….!?!

By the way your <> you’re. You should say ‘you’re hoping for’ and ’thank fuck you’re not in charge’. You’re is a contraction of ‘you are’.

Since you have done it twice in the single post, I thought I’d let you know the difference. Apologies in advance if English is not your language.

Last edited:
This game just has failure written all over it. Do you think the devs know? Like I'm not even sure how this game got green lit, unless everyone in the production was forced to make it for some reason.

Watching that trailer I can only think everyone involved was doing this for a paycheck instead of from any source of passion or love for the project. You can just tell.
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ the Game is not released but you have played it... Dude stop Gaming its not for you🤷‍♂️

clarky

Gold Member
Let’s see…

I’m hoping for more failures and thank fuck I’m not in charge….!?!

By the way your <> you’re. You should say ‘you’re hoping for’ and ’thank fuck you’re not in charge’. You’re is a contraction of ‘you are’.

Since you have done it twice in the single post, I thought I’d let you know the difference. Apologies in advance if English is not your language.
Im from northern England, "fuck" comes out of my mouth every second word. My limited volcabuary is a product of a poor education system and misspent youth. If i wanted an english lesson i would have stayed in school.

Thanks for confirming what i was thinking though.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Im from northern England, "fuck" comes out of my mouth every second word. My limited volcabuary is a product of a poor education system and misspent youth. If i wanted an english lesson i would have stayed in school.

Thanks for confirming what i was thinking though.
I knew you wouldn't take offence being a fan of light hearted banter. Good on ya.

I wanted to like B4B but something was missing on that title for me personally, worth revisiting?

If you played it at launch, could be.

I played 3-4 months after launch and my group couldn't stop playing. We even tried higher difficulty after finishing, something never happens normally.

I take that as sign of good game

VN1X

Banned
This forum sometimes lol. Putting GAF's finest minds on the case of "what other game does it resemble the most?" as if that has any bearing on its quality.

When will you guys learn that even Arkane at their worst is still better than 90% of the rest of the industry. They know how to make videogames. Obviously some of their titles do fall into certain niches so they might not always appeal to everyone but that's what makes them so great, not afraid to go in a certain direction and fully explore a concept. Redfall is shaping up to be a fantastic take on the co-op shooter and if it was any other developer behind it I'd have my reservations but I have no doubt they'll deliver, yet again.

Last edited:

Jinzo Prime

The vast majority of their collapses have come from poor financial decisions, making the wrong type of game or making games that don’t hit sales success.

For example, people cite the likes of Prey and Dishonored as Arkane at their best. But those games sold very poorly. If they didn’t have Bethesda backing, they could have been in deep shit. Same way Obsidian - with all their talent - were struggling. Ditto for Platinum.

Sometimes you make the wrong bet or your bets don’t pay off. That’s the bigger threat to studios.

If the studio culture is well entrenched and you don’t have mass departures, there’s usually succession planning in place to bring up new talent.
Dishonored sold well enough for two sequels.

Ozriel

M$FT
Dishonored sold well enough for two sequels.

Hmm. I think I was going off the launch sales decline for Dishonored 2 in the UK.

But reports are that it sold 2.5 units lifetime, so kinda respectable. IIRC, it got significant price cuts shortly after release.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Are you really alone when you have 125 cats?

So true and it's up to 150 cats now :pie_roffles:"pie_tears_joy::pie_roffles:
R.4379ecd16f509b13aa24dd8bca00f030

DaGwaphics

Good to see that it is story driven. I'm more interested in it now than I had been, will definitely give it a shot.

@ CatLady CatLady the cat fights must be epic. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Had 4 male cats for quite a few years and a couple of them were trouble makers, they'd be trying to rip each other from limb to limb at least once a week. I don't know how people have 11 or 12 in the same house, LOL.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Bringing the level of detail and care that Arkane is known for to an open world is no easy feat, but it’s one the team has dived into headfirst. Carefully handcrafted and brimming with mysteries, Redfall offers opportunities for new methods of storytelling and player discovery, while still giving Arkane fans something that will feel familiar and welcoming.

“The setting is narrative-rich, with lots of environmental storytelling,” says Smith. “You learn a lot about the lives of the people who live (or lived) there. Our lore is important as a part of how we get under the player’s skin. Searching an abandoned house with a flashlight, learning about what occurred there, looking for resources, avoiding dormant vampires…all of that is critical to the experience. The AI is very much cat-and-mouse, with perceptions based on sight and sound awareness. And you can choose between single-player and co-op with up to four people, which gets more social and faster paced.”

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
by ur logic there would not be any criticism about anything , only positive comments which is imposible

What are you on about?

People also can have negative comments about things they’re interested in, you know. Much of the criticism directed at Halo Infinite comes from people who are huge fans of the franchise.

Last edited:

reksveks

There is a difference between shit posting and well meaning criticism. There are probably people in here and other threads shit posting about games that they really do give a f!?# about.

samoilaaa

What are you on about?

People also can have negative comments about things they’re interested in, you know. Much of the criticism directed at Halo Infinite comes from people who are huge fans of the franchise.
have you read the entire conversation ? if u didnt im gonna tell you , the one i replied to was saying that if you are not interested or dont like something you should not come in a dedicated thread and say a negative thing about it

Ozriel

M$FT
have you read the entire conversation ? if u didnt im gonna tell you , the one i replied to was saying that if you are not interested or dont like something you should not come in a dedicated thread and say a negative thing about it

And that was a perfectly apt comment, considering the user he was referring to was obviously trolling.

samoilaaa

There is a difference between shit posting and well meaning criticism. There are probably people in here and other threads shit posting about games that they really do give a f!?# about.
well ill use myself as an example , from what i saw so far in the trailers the game is too cringy when it comes to the dialog and the art style isnt dark/mature enough for a vampire game , that doesnt mean that im shit posting or have an agenda against certain developers

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
by ur logic there would not be any criticism about anything , only positive comments which is imposible
Why would you need to criticise something your not interested in? If you're not interested you wouldn't care.
If you buy something or you're interested in something then you'd have an interest and feel the need to criticise.

samoilaaa

Why would you need to criticise something your not interested in? If you're not interested you wouldn't care.
If you buy something or you're interested in something then you'd have an interest and feel the need to criticise.
sometimes criticism in video games can save you money , i should have listened to criticism about death stranding being a walking simulator but i didnt thinking that i would like the story enough , i payed 60 bucks and after a couple of hours ( 6 or 7 i dont really remember ) i found out that its true

reksveks

well ill use myself as an example , from what i saw so far in the trailers the game is too cringy when it comes to the dialog and the art style isnt dark/mature enough for a vampire game , that doesnt mean that im shit posting or have an agenda against certain developers
That's fine but I think after a while especially if you have no interest in the game, if you are posting the same criticism, there is an element of shit posting. This shit isn't black or white and really depends on the posters motivation which is really hard to figure out.

I don't think constant criticism is useful after the Xth time. I would wonder what you are really trying to gain here.

Obviously I am not talking specifically about you cause I haven't looked at your post history but it does happen here.

samoilaaa

That's fine but I think after a while especially if you have no interest in the game, if you are posting the same criticism, there is an element of shit posting. This shit isn't black or white and really depends on the posters motivation which is really hard to figure out.

I don't think constant criticism is useful after the Xth time. I would wonder what you are really trying to gain here.

Obviously I am not talking specifically about you cause I haven't looked at your post history but it does happen here.
i agree that if you constantly try to critisise the game u might have an agenda , if i dont like a game i say my opinion about it and move on

Riky

$MSFT
sometimes criticism in video games can save you money , i should have listened to criticism about death stranding being a walking simulator but i didnt thinking that i would like the story enough , i payed 60 bucks and after a couple of hours ( 6 or 7 i dont really remember ) i found out that its true

The game isn't out, wait for reviews and opinions of people who play the game, or just try it on Gamepass.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Wow, Arkane really sucks at communication. To this day there are a lot of people confused about what this game really is.
That's because they keep saying it has core elements that people love from previous Arkane titles, yet what they've shown doesn't match up.

It's been said before, but if the Arkane logo wasn't in the trailer, I would have assumed it was from a handful of other developers.

I mean I don’t see the correlation tbh you paid 60 for death stranding - this is either free on gamepass or you buy it - but there’s really no way to tell till a game is out. You physically played Death stranding and found it was a walking sim. Arkane seems particularly bad at selling their games. Deathloop I didn’t understand really until it was out - I think you can say how you’re worried about stuff but no one can be certain about anything really until the game releases it’s all just speculation

Last edited:

samoilaaa

I mean I don’t see the correlation tbh you paid 60 for death stranding - this is either free on gamepass or you buy it - but there’s really no way to tell till a game is out. You physically played Death stranding and found it was a walking sim. Arkane seems particularly bad at selling their games. Deathloop I didn’t understand really until it was out - I think you can say how you’re worried about stuff but no one can be certain about anything really until the game releases it’s all just speculation
well thats the thing , i never said that the game sucks ( because obviously the game isnt out ) , i was only talking about what i saw in the trailers
i hope they prove me wrong and they deliver a good vampire hunting game with a good story but from what i saw atm it isnt happening

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Arkane have been putting out a lot of these development blogs recently.

The game must be close to gold by now. I wonder if it really needed to get pushed all the way to 2023, they could have had this as their big Q4 2022 game.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Them going the looter shooter route of tiers of weapons that are color coded is probably my biggest issue with the game.

clarky

Gold Member
Them going the looter shooter route of tiers of weapons that are color coded is probably my biggest issue with the game.
Yeah could go either way. Really hard to get this type of thing right. Although the game looks fairly "complete" from what we've seen so hopefully some extra spit, polish and balance for the next 6 months.

Riky

$MSFT

Arkane have been putting out a lot of these development blogs recently.

The game must be close to gold by now. I wonder if it really needed to get pushed all the way to 2023, they could have had this as their big Q4 2022 game.

It does seem a bit strange, it looks basically ready and you would of thought they would push for it this year, it must be coming before Starfield.

Top Bottom