• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sherlock: The Abominable Bride |OT| 19th Century, My Dear Watson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vagabundo

The Game Is Afoot...

The only thing about this damn programme is my wife squirming on the sofa beside me at the sight of Cumberbatch. Very off putting, what what...

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Can't find this shit in my DTV guide. Bummer.

Blue Lou

That skull painting is terrific.

v66XhGp.png

kmag

Classic Moffat...

it's getting dull now.
It would be more interesting if they fake, the fake out.

Platy

Is this as standalone as it looks like from the promos ?

Might ask some friends who never saw Sherlock to come see if yes

kmag

This isn't very good. It's really not one of the better Coyle stories and the embellishments have hurt it far far far far more it really should.

The central conceit here is just fucking terrible, and they've not handled it very cleverly

There has to be a killer hook. There has to be.

Or not

IF Moriarty ends up being an AI villain I'm checking the credits for KOJIMA

Kalor

I feel like it would have been better if it didn't try to tie into the series and stayed as a standalone thing. I still enjoyed it but they could have done more with the setting.

It felt like a Sherlock pantomime. The shows so succesful now they can essentially afford to have Cbatch and Freeman show up every two years and just make self-referential jokes for a bit.

I liked it in Series 3 but it was just far too much, and way too confusing.

Dantis

Ignoring everything else, I felt like the solution to the murder mystery was really silly and predictable, also.

kmag

It felt like a Sherlock pantomime. The shows so succesful now they can essentially afford to have Cbatch and Freeman show up every two years and just make self-referential jokes for a bit.

I liked it in Series 3 but it was just far too much, and way too confusing.

That's pretty much it, it's just a self referential mess. They kind of got away with it in the Wedding Episode but that was a pretty weak episode which saved itself with the humour.

This had moments of levity but they where either tangential or just fucking crammed in a crowbar.

That's pretty much it, it's just a self referential mess. They kind of got away with it in the Wedding Episode but that was a pretty weak episode which saved itself with the humour.

This had moments of levity but they where either tangential or just fucking crammed in a crowbar.

You have Andrew Scott really fiercely kicking Sherlock when he's down, and then LOL Watson shows up with a pistol.

A lot of people on Twitter seem to think it was really complicated (and therefore bad) but it was quite simple and pretty good tie over to Series 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom