• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sherlock: The Abominable Bride |OT| 19th Century, My Dear Watson

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThankeeSai

Cannot wait for this!

TV over this Christmas period has been shit. Utter, utter shit. So amazingly, mind numbingly shit. It really is quite incredible how some of it was actually green lit and considered top quality Christmas viewing - 'Who Does the Dishes?' Really ITV?...Really?

Anyway, Sherlock is the shining beacon of awesomeness that I've been looking forward to for months.

Roll on 9pm!

Cannot wait for this!

TV over this Christmas period has been shit. Utter, utter shit. So amazingly, mind numbingly shit. It really is quite incredible how some of it was actually green lit and considered top quality Christmas viewing - 'Who Does the Dishes?' Really ITV?...Really?

Anyway, Sherlock is the shining beacon of awesomeness that I've been looking forward to for months.

Roll on 9pm!

Yeah, most if it's been rubbish. I quite liked the BBC's adaptation of And Then There Were None though and Doctor Who's Christmas special was decent.

ThankeeSai

Yeah, most if it's been rubbish. I quite liked the BBC's adaptation of And Then There Were None though and Doctor Who's Christmas special was decent.

Great shout. Forgot about that. Had never read the book or seen any other versions if it, so went into it totally blind. Thoroughly enjoyed it :)

hythloday

Oh I'm so glad I saw this thread! I read about this special earlier this year and completely forgot when it was supposed to air.

Cannot wait. After watching all of season 1-3 on Netflix I need more Sherlock. Actually, what I need is more
Moriarty shenanigans, but that's unlikely to happen,
so I'll take the show in general!

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
It's 95 according to the BBC site. I assume the 110 is with adverts in the US?

I'm guessing it's movie theater inflation. They probably include the full credits and maybe even previews, but that's what Fandango and the AMC Theaters websites ask said. It would amazing if it was actually an extended version, but that's highly unlikely.

What is this dark magic.

Going to be seeing stat wars tonight so hopefully I'll catch this when it re-airs on PBS.

Two night only event this Tuesday and Wednesday in select theaters. NYC has like half a dozen or more all showing it. Just one showtime each night though at 730. I got free tickets.

Sheesh. I had some trouble finding this on the grid today because it's listed under Masterpiece Theater rather than Sherlock. Anyway, looking forward to tonight - should be fun.

Hagi

One of these is not like the other.

Phil Mitchell is the best Moriarty.

I cancelled multi room but I might try and re-hook my sky box and see if I can still watch BCC One.

You're right, I've no idea if this will be good.

Easties will be awesome though
tumblr_nztn4oKPT81sb4ullo3_1280.jpg

Sane_Man

I can never tell if people on Gaf are being ironic when they say they like Eastenders.

Apprehensively looking forward to Sherlock. I do wish it wasn't set in the past. Feels a bit too wink wink.

Bio-Frost

Wait, people don't like season 3? Nothing wrong with being more light hearted and funny for awhile. I felt it was a good change of pace.

My guide doesn't have it listed at all. I'm worried I may have a PBS affiliate that just plain isn't carrying it.

I've checked under Masterpiece as well as Sherlock and no dice. ;/

Hagi

Wait, people don't like season 3? Nothing wrong with being more light hearted and funny for awhile. I felt it was a good change of pace.

Personally I think they drank their own cool aid too much for season 3 and the season suffered for it. It happens every now and again with Doctor Who as well. Last Vow is probably my least liked episode of Sherlock, did not enjoy it at all.

tomtom94

Too many winking nods at Tumblr. I understand they wanted to have a bit of a joke about the fan theories for Sherlock's death but when it kept going it was a bit distracting. The first two episodes also suffered from some weak plotting. If it hadn't been for His Last Vow (which I think was one of the better ones from the entire series) I think it would have been a lot worse, though.

Violet_0

Banned
completely forgot this is airing today, yay more Sherlock. I for one am really excited for the Victorian era setting

iMax

Are we all buying Moffat's "this is a standalone story" line?

There's so obviously going to be some timey wimey mystery animus shit going down.

cyba89

I was a bit disappointed with it first but after a few rewatches I appreciate it a lot more. But it's still not up there with the great S2 for me.

Just a reminder they're going to explain how a person who kills themselves is inexplicably walking around after.

fall13.jpg

Also, why need a "Previously on"...?

Joni

Feels like they need the Previously On because it seems to be a sequel story-wise, just in another time.

Gave up trying to stream but they're showing it tonight here in the US anyways so not too angry at all.

Will be dropping by this thread later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom