• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So basically never work on a movie with Jared Leto (used condoms and anal beads)

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
That's a guy who doesn't give a shit

Leto on the right track then. Glad they are doing something different than Ledger Joker, this version seems more crazy and I like it.

Can't wait to see him and Batfleck on the big screen together. Shit will be glorious.

KonradLaw

What's funny about this is that to me, he's no where close to what Heath Ledger did as The Joker. I feel that Leto is doing something completely different and i like it. Ledgers Joker was all about anarchy, Leto just seems straight up psychotic as The Joker should be.

yeah. This Joker feels very different from both Nicholson and Ledger's ones. Which is great. I think this is a boon of playing this character for a great actor - to come up with version that's not just good, but also one that's not a copy of previous performances.
Leto's seems like the scariest one by far.

Chariot

yeah. This Joker feels very different from both Nicholson and Ledger's ones. Which is great. I think this is a boon of playing this character for a great actor - to come up with version that's not just good, but also one that's not a copy of previous performances.
Leto's seems like the scariest one by far.
So far he seems less threatning and more like trying too hard.

Unless he is actually another J. I can forgive the pretentiousness if he uaed to be the other J.

Somebody else from this movie also mentioned this on Howard Stern i forgot who it was. But basically the guy acts like an asshole and uses that he's in character as an excuse. I want him to work with Tommy Lee Jones.

Rad-

I feel like he isn't trying too hard to be Joker.....he's trying too hard to be Heath Ledger being Joker.

I like Leto though, so we'll see....

Not seeing this? Leto seems to play much more like the comic Joker where as Ledger wasn't much like comic Joker at all, he made the character different.

VAD

"It's simple really, we bead the Batman"
It's a bunch of rich people having fun with each other, not need to be so mad about it.

Not seeing this? Leto seems to play much more like the comic Joker where as Ledger wasn't much like comic Joker at all, he made the character different.

I don't know how people can look at footage of the 2 and think Leto is trying at all to be the same character Ledger played...

Puppen

Banned
What's funny about this is that to me, he's no where close to what Heath Ledger did as The Joker. I feel that Leto is doing something completely different and i like it. Ledgers Joker was all about anarchy, Leto just seems straight up psychotic as The Joker should be.

You have no way of knowing that. There isn't even a solid clip to go on yet, just seconds long snippets.

KonradLaw

Yeah. Plus he kind of has to be something much more extreme. Joker needs to be the most crazy part of any movie he stars in. And this isn't grounded Nolan's Batman. Here we have movie about supervillains team up. So in such reality he needs to go to much bigger extremes to stand out among the crowd.

Sojgat

He sent Will Smith a screener for BvS.

ezgif-com-crop-49.gif

Fuzzery

Somebody else from this movie also mentioned this on Howard Stern i forgot who it was. But basically the guy acts like an asshole and uses that he's in character as an excuse. I want him to work with Tommy Lee Jones.

I can sanction your buffoonery NO LONGER

CXAR9vNUsAA8W0W.png

CXA3PH9U0AEAl-Z.png

CXA-GqQUoAEJ8yX.png

CXBIcXqUMAQildH.png

This Leto guy sounds wild.

Man somehow I want another movie with Nic Cage and Jared Leto....those two method acting the shit out of each other :D

Man make it FACE/OFF 2... shit would be CRAZY...

On topic...yeah this Jokers seems far different to LEdgers joker...which isnt a bad thing, we will see how he will be received...

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I'll keep that in mind next time I'm getting booked for a blockbuster hollywood movie.

Chariot

CXAR9vNUsAA8W0W.png

CXA3PH9U0AEAl-Z.png

CXA-GqQUoAEJ8yX.png

CXBIcXqUMAQildH.png

This Leto guy sounds wild.
"Look guys, I am so extreme!"

People also said one too many times "like the Joker". It's trying way too hard to look edgy, but it really just makes Leto look like and idiot. Not like psychopath, like a 14 year old child that is pissy because the parents took their xbox away.

KonradLaw

"Look guys, I am so extreme!"

People also said one too many times "like the Joker". It's trying way too hard to look edgy, but it really just makes Leto look like and idiot. Not like psychopath, like a 14 year old child that is pissy because the parents took their xbox away.

He's playing a Joker, not becoming one. Did you expect him to torture children between takes? :D
He's just using those silly little actions to get himself psyched up and feel more like the character because it helps when he actually has to act. This is still a sane man who won't go on murderous spree the moment he leaves the set.

Chariot

He's playing a Joker, not becoming one. Did you expect him to torture children between takes? :D
He's just using those silly little actions to get himself psyched up and feel more like the character because it helps when he actually has to act. This is still a sane man who won't go on murderous spree the moment he leaves the set.
No, I understand.
But it supports everything I loathed about the new Joker since the first image. With the tscky tatoos and all. Is just too much. Strikes me more like a Joker imposter than a Joker.

Does nobody get that series of interview images is satirical... Seriously...
I stopped believing in satire since I started to watching the republican primary.

Could you not put the actors name in the title? I clicked this not knowing he was the joker or that the joker was in the suicide squad movie and now both surprises have been spoiled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom