• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So basically never work on a movie with Jared Leto (used condoms and anal beads)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what we've seen, I don't even get how they really compare. He seems to be something more in line with some of the comics here and doesn't bare any resemblance to the Dark Knight Joker. Some people are absolutely going to like this take more than Ledger/Nolans. There are plenty of people out there who think Romero, Nicholson, or Hamill are the definitive Joker (
it's Hamill
). The world keeps on spinning.

Agreed.

Leto is definitely channeling a comics/Hamill-esque Joker.

I think he is going to be a hybrid of Ledger and Hamill's jokers (crazy as hell in a comic sense, but also grounded in a sadistic/terrorist sense).

Definitive Joker is IMO Hamill for non-live action, and Ledger for live action.

Wow, this is so zany and insane. It's Ledger all over again. Will Leto even survive until the release date of the movie? Who knows?!
Please be excited.

What if this version of the Joker is vegan? Wouldn't that be wild?

Vegan Joker would be an eco-terrorist.

"You want to know what creates the most chaos, Batman? Disrupt the food chain! I've freed all the cattle from a slaughterhouse and now they're everywhere! You'll never round them up!"

*Capitalist Bruce wants to return the cattle, Damien is a vegetarian and wants to set them free, like Bat-Cow.*

Working with method actors must be hell.

Damn right.

spekkeh

Banned
Interesting how everyone seems to outright believe this.

I mean it could be true, but more than likely it's just your typical shocking!! advertisement for a new movie. I mean this movie is crazy right. Look how crazy it is!! Look at it!!!

EBreda

From what I've seen of the role so far, it's embarassing. Hate this new (old?) Joker. Lehto is definitely not my favorite actor (
hate everything about him really
), so yes I might be biased.

Interesting how everyone seems to outright believe this.

I mean it could be true, but more than likely it's just your typical shocking!! advertisement for a new movie. I mean this movie is crazy right. Look how crazy it is!! Look at it!!!

Except Leto seems to be the only one playing that up

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
So much hatred for the guy, lol. Oscar-winning actor who dedicates himself to every role (I call BS on used condoms and anal beads) is a try-hard loser. Okay, GAF, you got me there. This thread is a microcosm of the reason execs should not bow to the pressure of a bunch of enraged Internet nerds.

When all is said and done, I am positive Leto's Joker will stand alongside the other excellent renditions of the killer clown.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
So much hatred for the guy, lol. Oscar-winning actor who dedicates himself to every role (I call BS on used condoms and anal beads) is a try-hard loser. Okay, GAF, you got me there. This thread is a microcosm of the reason execs should not bow to the pressure of a bunch of enraged Internet nerds.

When all is said and done, I am positive Leto's Joker will stand alongside the other excellent renditions of the killer clown.

I really liked him in Mr Nobody. Not too familiar with him otherwise, but I think he's kind of acting like a dick here.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Leto is an amazing actor and I have zero doubt that his portrayal of Joker will be legendary.

New002

Sounds like his co-workers snitched on him when all he was trying to do was provide a laid back work environment.

He might be a good actor but he's an absolute ass. He's incredibly obnoxious in the 30 seconds to Mars documentary.

I also had the displeasure of seeing them live at a festival where he was equally obnoxious. Literally played half the set himself while being a pretentious git. Don't like 30 seconds to Mars but watched the whole set in disbelief at how much of a prat he was being.

Arkeband

Banned
Another Jorker update:

d1uKrTg.jpg

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
trying too hard to channel some of that ledger joker, for publicity stunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom