• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor |OT| - Judge me by my file size, do you?

Nankatsu

Obi-Wan Kenobi Not The Droids GIF

analog_future

Resident Crybaby

The fuck is up with his right leg during that animation? At 25 & 27 seconds. It doesn't transition well at all.

Ouf, coming from Sekiro just fresh, this will be rough..

1:02 or 1:52 Who the hell walks like that going downhill?
:messenger_tears_of_joy:

"5 seconds out of this 9 minute video look kind of awkward. Ooph, this will be rough!"

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
This is really disappointing. Game does not look like they showed in the trailers. Lets hope the PC version looks that good.

MaKTaiL

Game just received a Day 0 patch. I haven't noticed any performance improvements but image quality on performance mode appears to be better, sharper (maybe FSR or other type of AA has been introduced?). HDR however is completely broken now, it makes the entire game black and white, had to turn it off.

MaKTaiL MaKTaiL What are the issues with the 30fps mode? Shitty frametimes/spikes or actually lower framrate than 30 often?
Lots of stutter on both modes and shitty frame pacing like Elden Ring. I heard it is apparently a common issue with unoptimized Unreal Engine games.

Last edited:

Luipadre

Game just received a Day 0 patch. I haven't noticed any performance improvements but image quality on performance mode appears to be better, sharper (maybe FSR or other type of AA has been introduced?). HDR however is completely broken now, it makes the entire game black and white, had to turn it off.

Lots of stutter on both modes and shitty frame pacing like Elden Ring. I heard it is apparently a common issue with unoptimized Unreal Engine games.

Spit Take Lol GIF by Justin

Nankatsu

prepare black sails GIF by STARZ

Also game is out in the open, seems like some retailers broke the release date, so there's a sea of spoilers out there. If you intend to go "blind" into the game, proceed with caution through the web.

Last edited:

DosGamer

I really liked the first game. Never finished it but I got fairly far in it. I had no interest in playing this new one. Kinda sad as I am always hyped for anything Star Wars, but something about the formula just didnt work. Not sure if it is gaming fatigue or what, but it is just not as appealing.
I am craving a real RPG typs of game. Like give me a Star Wars Hogwarts type of game.

ManaByte

Gold Member
prepare black sails GIF by STARZ

Also game is out in the open, seems like some retailers broke the release date, so there's a sea of spoilers out there. If you intend to go "blind" into the game, proceed with caution through the web.
The game is going to trigger the fuck out of the Fandom Menace due to how tied to the High Republic it is.

MaKTaiL

So much hate for this game. And nobody played it.
One guy is playing game here and all are on hate train with him.
I'm not hating on the game though, quite the opposite. I loved the first one and I'm loving the second even more. My only complaint is with the performance which is the only feedback I'm giving here.

StereoVsn

I really liked the first game. Never finished it but I got fairly far in it. I had no interest in playing this new one. Kinda sad as I am always hyped for anything Star Wars, but something about the formula just didnt work. Not sure if it is gaming fatigue or what, but it is just not as appealing.
I am craving a real RPG typs of game. Like give me a Star Wars Hogwarts type of game.
Yeah, would love proper KOTOR 3, but both that and KOTOR 1 remake are MIA at this point. 😞

I kind of liked FO despite it's faults, it was pretty good game overall. I will check out the sequel which I got for "free" anyways alongside AMD CPU, but I expect the need of like 3 to 6 months to get it properly patched up.

Rush2112

Banned
I haven’t had an urge to replay fallen order. Pretty solid mid- game imo but nothing that I would want to re-visit. How is this game so amazingly different aside from bigger maps and two swords?

Last edited:
I haven’t had an urge to replay fallen order. Pretty solid mid- game imo but nothing that I would want to re-visit. How is this game so amazingly different aside from bigger maps and two swords?
*5 swords. Also I'm hoping the plot will be good enough to elevate it to greatness. FOs plot felt super lackluster but the devs have said this one will be more dark and complex.

Last edited:

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member

Black And White Applause GIF

If not hyperbole, that seems like a pretty significant bug.....have you contacted the devs about it?

Last edited:

Banned

sounds like it's only really playable on Series X Performance mode at 120hz then, unless they completely fucked that version to go beyond the PS5 version's issues...

it would of course be another slap in the face if it turns out that it's one of those games that somehow don't work with VRR on Xbox... which is a rare issue, but at this point I'm always pessimistic about new game releases, that way I can't get disappointed as much.

Last edited:
PSA: I believe if you get EA Play Pro for a month you can play this game and dead space remake for like $15.

Also agree this game's animations are not the best. But it's probably worth a playthrough. Looks fun.
I was coming to post this. It's how I beat dead space and play most of their games. I'll just pay the 15 bucks and beat the game(s) in a week or so then cancel it before the next charge. I have no interest in paying more than 20 bucks to play an EA game.

The fuck is up with his right leg during that animation? At 25 & 27 seconds. It doesn't transition well at all.

Ouf, coming from Sekiro just fresh, this will be rough..

1:02 or 1:52 Who the hell walks like that going downhill?
:messenger_tears_of_joy:

What really bothers me in the animation cycles are the in-betweens, the changes are just too abrupt or don't feel natural at all like they lack the polish. And the walking downhill anything feels odd because his torso doesn't react to the inclination of the hill... just his legs. It feels off in many ways. The animations can look cool but not good per se.

Rush2112

Banned
So much hate for this game. And nobody played it.
One guy is playing game here and all are on hate train with him.
Well i played fallen order which looks strikingly similar to this despite being 4 years old. It was, at best, mid tier for an action game.

Last edited:

dok1or

Well i played fallen order which looks strikingly similar to this despite being 4 years old. It was, at best, mid tier for an action game.
So your opinion that it was mid tier action game. Or that is a fact?

Last edited:

Gonzito

I was debating with myself if I should just buy the game or pay a month of EA Pro and I just decided to pay the suscription. 12,38 euros for a month is a good deal and worst case scenario, if the game is not that good I wont feel bad about it

It's probably because you've played one to many souls-style games. That's how I feel anyway.

Also the fact they've been hiding the console version of the game has pissed me off and killed the hype. It's very clear there's a reason they don't want people to see it and are hoping for sales off the impressions from the superior PC version .. which is a really shitty way to conduct business.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Mortal Kombat? Literally LIGHT-YEARS better than Jedi Survivor
The in-game animation for Mortal Kombat is terrible. When they punch the their bodies barely moves, it like they are slapping, there is no sense of power behind their punch.

JfrEKdj.gif

qWUj3sO.gif

Its like their animation hasn't evolved at all.
69105.gif
subzero-mk3-walk.gif

Last edited:

Hawk269

My biggest concern was the overall performance of the game and it seems by early reports that it is not good. First game had a lot of issues for a while, but they improved it quite a bit...it still had some odd pausing/stuttering issues which many said it was loading in assets and such. Going to wait on this one. Loved the first game...but doing a hard wait.

Top Bottom