• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor |OT| - Judge me by my file size, do you?

Nankatsu

30 fps cutscenes even in performance mode :(
Star Wars No GIF

I hate it when devs pull that off. My eyes start twitching.

Angry Spongebob Squarepants GIF

This game is coming in HOT!

I know I sound like a broken record but why aren't gaming journalists looking out for gamers interests and asking WHY the developers have chosen not to show any new gen console footage?

This should be a bigger issue than it seems to be whenever a developer goes this route. They want Pre-Orders for $70, $90, or whatever other price they charge, right?

This is a downright disrespectful, sketchy thing to do yet NO media outlet has the balls to call it out and most gamers are acting like sheep. If I posted this on a subreddit I'd be downvoted for it. I checked the reddit page yesterday and the guy who posted about the bad ps5 performance was downvoted to oblivion by the same people who have been pre ordering a console version of a game they havn't seen- 3 days before release! It's rediculousness as usual from gamers and again, THIS IS THE REASON DEVS ACT HOW THEY ACT. How many more shitty "next gen" releases do we have to put up with before people start demanding a little better from "next gen games on next gen machines"?

ManaByte

Gold Member
This game is coming in HOT!

I know I sound like a broken record but why aren't gaming journalists looking out for gamers interests and asking WHY the developers have chosen not to show any new gen console footage?

This should be a bigger issue than it seems to be whenever a developer goes this route. They want Pre-Orders for $70, $90, or whatever other price they charge, right?

This is a downright disrespectful, sketchy thing to do yet NO media outlet has the balls to call it out and most gamers are acting like sheep. If I posted this on a subreddit I'd be downvoted for it. I checked the reddit page yesterday and the guy who posted about the bad ps5 performance was downvoted to oblivion by the same people who have been pre ordering a console version of a game they havn't seen- 3 days before release! It's rediculousness as usual from gamers and again, THIS IS THE REASON DEVS ACT HOW THEY ACT. How many more shitty "next gen" releases do we have to put up with before people start demanding a little better from "next gen games on next gen machines"?
It looks like the 9 min IGN footage is XSX.

Luipadre

Digital Foundry still doesn't have a code so dont expect tech analysis before or even at release. Another shady thing from respawn.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I'm not downloading 150gb game. That is about 20% of the entire storage.

Have $70 to burn but may spend on Dead Island 2 instead of Jedi, and then spend $10 on GamePass next week to get Redfall

Last edited:

Luipadre

Ofc this is getting 8's and 9's while the performance is dogshit on every system and the game is a technical mess. Fucking reviewers grow a pair and lower those damn scores or nothing will ever change. Im buying dead island over this. I wont pay for another unfinished mess

MiguelItUp

Ofc this is getting 8's and 9's while the performance is dogshit on every system and the game is a technical mess. Fucking reviewers grow a pair and lower those damn scores or nothing will ever change. Im buying dead island over this. I wont pay for another unfinished mess
I think calling it a "technical mess" is a bit much, but to each their own of course. Sure, there appear to be some performance woes on PC, but everyone has said glowing things about it otherwise. Said that the game was an improvement across the board. Even after mentioning the weird performance issues. Some compared it to Hogwarts' which in my experience wasn't bad at all on launch, but of course YMMV especially with PCs.

I still plan on buying Dead Island 2 when it's cheaper. I had it preordered, played 15-20 mins of it, and immediately refunded it because I just didn't feel like it was worth the price. Even in that time of play you could feel that the game was VERY basic and dated. It'll be dumb fun for sure, I know this. But I'll wait for it to hit $20/$25.

aries_71

I don't understand how you can give a title an 8-9 score while having blatant technical and performance issues. Gaming press is just a joke competing for advertisment money? I agree with you, Dead Island over this.

I don't understand how you can give a title an 8-9 score while having blatant technical and performance issues. Gaming press is just a joke competing for advertisment money? I agree with you, Dead Island over this.
I play games for fun not to obsess over frames and minor technical inconveniences.

Last edited:

Luipadre

People will clap and eat this shit up for 80 euros too on launch day. Nothing will ever change and ya'll deserve it

MiguelItUp

I do too, that why framerate issues take me out of the experience and stop having fun. For me is not a minor incovenience.
Yeah, it's just a different strokes situation. I remember people freaking out about the PC performance on Arkham Knight, Cyberpunk 2077, hell even Hogwart's and while I noticed things here and there, they were extremely minimal in my experiences.

People will clap and eat this shit up for 80 euros too on launch day. Nothing will ever change and ya'll deserve it
I mean, yeah, people are excited about it, let them be excited. If you're not, that's more than fine, but there's no reason to be so sassy about it, lol.

It targets 60fps(even if it may not be fully consistent) rather than 30fps which is enough for me. To each our own I guess.
I'm in the same boat. I don't know if it's because I always got lucky and happened to dodge the "AWFUL PC PERFORMANCE" bullets, or if I was still having fun and didn't really care for them. I never put a lot of thought into it.

Luipadre

Yeah, it's just a different strokes situation. I remember people freaking out about the PC performance on Arkham Knight, Cyberpunk 2077, hell even Hogwart's and while I noticed things here and there, they were extremely minimal in my experiences.

I mean, yeah, people are excited about it, let them be excited. If you're not, that's more than fine, but there's no reason to be so sassy about it, lol.

I'm in the same boat. I don't know if it's because I always got lucky and happened to dodge the "AWFUL PC PERFORMANCE" bullets, or if I was still having fun and didn't really care for them. I never put a lot of thought into it.

I was really excited about it. Expected it to be jank but not this much. And yes im mad, mainly because i wanted to play this. But all those tech issues and fucking screen tearing in a AAA game in 2023, fucking lol

Top Bottom