• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Storm of the decade" to hit NorCal on Thurs w/ hurricane force winds in Sierra mtns

Status
Not open for further replies.

pooptest

Haha touché.

Yeah, I'm just wondering what it's going to be like 5 hours from now. At this point getting home wouldn't be an issue because people are jumping off the freeway to go around it but who the hell knows what it will be like later today.

Thank god I live in central Petaluma. But, in reality, I shouldn't be thankful for that at all... :p

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
From the facebook feed...

Avoid 280s where it connects with 101s. Water is flooded over the center divide!

10172804_101016413109onjy1.jpg

really glad i took the day off now.

keep in mind that even just a bit of water on the ground can cause permanent damage to your engine, so do your best to not be at full throttle.

Nekofrog

Banned
when i went to bed last night (2am) i could hear the howling winds, and feel it when i went outside to smoke.

woke up to a relatively calm rain storm. is the worst over?

Plan to leave work early and go out in this rain to Barnes & Noble for some Reese's peanut butter cookies and hot chocolate while perusing the manga aisle. #yolo #foshizzlemydrizzle

pooptest

Central Petaluma...are you sure you aren't typing this from underwater?

Ha, possibly! I work in north Petaluma and it's getting pretty deep over here. Creek by work is nearing the brim.

Not as bad as RP. Fast-forward to 35 seconds... Hooters is flooded.

sarcastor

took this on the 101 north bound in south san francisco. There was a construction arrow sign on the shoulder pointing right. Just to emphasize the giant pool of water in the middle of the freeway across all lanes

10846275_10152512618212742_5581685325674079389_n.jpg

Saw this on twitter - #bayareastorm is apparently blowing off manhole covers in mission terrace

B4mO94FCQAA-M1H.jpg

Verger

Banned
Radar is supposedly showing more heavy rain moving into the Bay Area. At least where I am it has seemingly been raining all day. I certainly have not noticed it letting up since waking up this morning.

Pandacon

took this on the 101 north bound in south san francisco. There was a construction arrow sign on the shoulder pointing right. Just to emphasize the giant pool of water in the middle of the freeway across all lanes

https://scontent-2.2914.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10846275_10152512618212742_5581685325674079389_n.jpg?oh=27fdc8fc5a1b16831a862bc5ecf037e0&oe=55099614[ /IMG]

Saw this on twitter - #bayareastorm is apparently blowing off manhole covers in mission terrace

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4mO94FCQAA-M1H.jpg[ /IMG][/QUOTE]

Oh boy, hope this clears up when I start heading home.

studyguy

Not quite.

Are we always going to check out lake Oroville every time with the misleading images. No one will dispute the area is currently in drought mode and that the dam is producing less power but those images were always misleading as fuck. Lake Oroville IS ALWAYS low as a motherfucker depending on the season (low as fuck in winter high as shit in summer) The 2014 comparisons were from January iirc, meanwhile the 2011 popular ones were during summer.

Here is Oroville in Winter 09.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Are we always going to check out lake Oroville every time with the misleading images. No one will dispute the area is currently in drought mode and that the dam is producing less power but those images were always misleading as fuck. Lake Oroville IS ALWAYS low as a motherfucker depending on the season (low as fuck in winter high as shit in summer) The 2014 comparisons were from January iirc, meanwhile the 2011 popular ones were during summer.

Here is Oroville in Winter 09.

Who knew that GAF had its own drought defense force? Feels like a few people in this thread are just waiting for someone to hint that this precipitation might be good for our drought (which it is) and race to post the "NO!" .gifs.

Blearth

Banned

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4mO94FCQAA-M1H.jpg
That's right in front of my old apartment!

studyguy

Who knew that GAF had its own drought defense force? Feels like a few people in this thread are just waiting for someone to hint that this precipitation might be good for our drought (which it is) and race to post the "NO!" .gifs.

lmao get real homie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom