• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Book of Boba Fett |OT| Sarlaac Spit-Up

ManaByte

Gold Member

Asked about the bikers, Morrison replied, “Some of these things are out of our control. We can’t say as performers, ‘We don’t want to work with these people, that’s not good enough.’

Samuel L Jackson Smh GIF by Star Wars

Ulysses 31

Indeed, he also thinks Boba Fett talks too much. :messenger_winking_tongue:

In an NME interview with Morrison and Ming-Na Wen, he expresses the idea that he thinks Boba Fett talks too much in the show, and needs to remain more mysterious, like when we first met the character in the original trilogy.

He was a good janjo fett, 20 years ago. He's FAAAR too old to be Boba now.
I don't think so.

How many years does Boba Fett take place after Revenge of the Sith?

Boba Fett youth was, maybe what, 12 years old in Attack of the Clones?

Empire and Return of the Jedi take place around 30 or so years after ROTS?

So, in character he's roughly around 45 to 50 years of age.

Combine that with a rough life style and maybe having to experience being digested alive momentarily, it's believable that he looks 50 years old.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Fett should be around 42 in book of Fett. Temuera is 61 and they are making him look WORSE, not younger.

Fett should be played by a much younger and more energetic man IMHO.

Fett should be around 42 in book of Fett. Temuera is 61 and they are making him look WORSE, not younger.

Fett should be played by a much younger and more energetic man IMHO.
Well, I had to look up and find out New Hope takes place 19 years after Revenge of the Sith (not 30 like I thought) so I stand corrected.

Still, I really enjoy Temuera Morrison as Fett so maybe they can give some lame explanation why he looks so old?

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
I'm assuming its the reason he is in the bacta tank, either toxicity from the sarlaac or something about his clone genes. I dont really care, he is just too old and slow for what they are asking of him.

I'm watching Accident Man that has a scene with Scott Adkins, Michael Jai White, and Ray Parks all having a huge fight scene they are all doing themselves. Adkins is mid 40s and I'm guessing MJW and Parks are late 40s to low 50s. It's low budget but fast, creative, and fun. I wish one of these guys was Fett and bringing this energy. BoF just isn't what I wanted it to be.

Cocksman

you know, I wanted to see Cad Bane, Dengar, Bossk, etc not whatever the fuck this is.

There’s still half a season left so I’ll keep going but let’s be real.. this is pretty shit. they never should have tried to make Boba a good guy or quite frankly a main character at all. Less Is more

Ulysses 31

you know, I wanted to see Cad Bane, Dengar, Bossk, etc not whatever the fuck this is.

There’s still half a season left so I’ll keep going but let’s be real.. this is pretty shit. they never should have tried to make Boba a good guy or quite frankly a main character at all. Less Is more
Seems to be a thing with current Disney, they show Tusken Raiders as likeable while one clearly tried to kill Luke in ANH and now Rancors are told to be peaceful unless threatened while ROTJ showed otherwise.

My theory with the sand people is that they think people likely see them as natives and we can't have natives shown as bad people in a Disney show. I'm sure it can also be tied to anti-colonialism messages that way.

Last edited:
Indeed, he also thinks Boba Fett talks too much. :messenger_winking_tongue:

So basically the actors understand the character better than the writers. Instead of making changes if there is a season 2, they will just pull them from doing press junkets

So basically the actors understand the character better than the writers. Instead of making changes if there is a season 2, they will just pull them from doing press junkets
It seems like Star Wars and franchises like it are never helmed by fans, just directors who really never were fans and/or suits. There is some exceptions it seems like Favreau and Cowboy Hat Man but overall it doesn't seem like many of these people were ever fans.

Ionian

It seems like Star Wars and franchises like it are never helmed by fans, just directors who really never were fans and/or suits. There is some exceptions it seems like Favreau and Cowboy Hat Man but overall it doesn't seem like many of these people were ever fans.

Considering their age, simply impossible.
His prequels were SHIT. As is most of the Disney animated crap. Darth Maul Vs. Obi-Wan, absolute shit as he is a clone anyway.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Based on the music at the end, next episode is
Shocked Wait What GIF by Disney+

I am game, but hopefully they throw us a curveball. Like they go looking for Din, but end up settling for a group of the Death Watch that managed to survive the assault from Mandalorian s1.

Episode 4 is the best so far - with a few cuts/edits this could've actually been a good episode. The surgery scene music was an absolutely insane choice and completely ruined it. Boba Fett continues to be completely inept and out of character for a crime lord in this show. The scene with the "rat catcher" droid was so fucking stupid, and when he yelled "I'm Boba Fett!" in its face before it deactivated itself I nearly puked.

Apparently, he also needs Fennec Shand to operate his ship, among other things, because he is a useless buffoon at that too. When she dropped the seismic charge and he said "don't touch my buttons".......yeah. So I guess she shouldn't press the screaming button he ignores while continuing to fire his lasers ineffectively into nothing?

I liked the part where she called him out for being soft. But then of course his response is idiotic - the Sand People didn't "save him", they literally enslaved him, beat him up, refused to give him water and intended to work him to death. Did he forget the Rodian slave that died right next to him in episode 1? God the writing in this show is so bad.

Thank God we got the scene with the Bantha though. I mean, we gotta continue to show how nice of a guy Boba Fett is - animal lover and defender of indigenous people, who just so happens to moonlight as a crime lord selling drugs and killing people. The frustrating part of this show is I think there is a decent story in here, just terribly written and executed.

dan76

This should have been the first episode. Fett basically explains what he's up to and why in a few sentences that make more sense than the whole of the series so far. He's says more by talking less.

Think about the about awful writing - the introduction to the Wookie was better in this episode, the introduction to the Rancor was better in this episode. Fett explaining to the clan members what's going on is all you need. Those first 3 episodes were a waste of time. Everything in this episode works better if you hadn't seen them!

Im actually looking forward to next week.

sol_bad

IMO another terrible episode. Can anyone please tell me how the Slave 1 was floating in the air above the Sarlac Pit? The engines are on the back of the ship so it should be pushing it down into the pit. The rat catcher scene ...........
Bad music, bad acting. So disappointing.

*EDIT*
Poorly executed action scene to get the Slave 1 as well.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Good episode but wtf was the deal with Boba looking for his armor? Did he forget the Jawas took it in episode 1?

If I remember correctly, didn't he pass out upon getting away from the Sarlac, and while he was passed out they looted all but his bandolier and undergarments? He could have been delirious and forgot he even had his armor on.

Last edited:

HoodWinked

i see all the nitpicks people are pointing out but the show has good pacing or something cause i'm never really driven to just stop mid episode.

Trunx81

You know what’s great on a surveillance drone? Lights!

Bloody hell, I really wanted to like this show. But right now it reminds me so much of Picard Season 1. Deconstructing our heroes from the past really seems to be a thing nowadays. This show could also be called “Boba walking into town, walking out and walking back in”. It just feels so small compared to Mando, which is also the fault of the Tattooine Setting. I finally get to understand why Anakin hated sand so much - it gets into every gear of this show.

Also, Rodriguez making a Spy Kids sequel out of a Boba Fett series - what where they thinking?

Ulysses 31

IMO another terrible episode. Can anyone please tell me how the Slave 1 was floating in the air above the Sarlac Pit? The engines are on the back of the ship so it should be pushing it down into the pit. The rat catcher scene ...........
Bad music, bad acting. So disappointing.

*EDIT*
Poorly executed action scene to get the Slave 1 as well.
Bro, get with the Disney times, it's Firespray now.

Last edited:

Stitch

Gold Member
Firespray gunship is the ship model. Calling it Slave 1 would be kinda weird!?

- "Hey complete stranger, we need to get my Slave 1 back."

- "Who the fuck is Slave 1?"

RAÏSanÏa

Hello there! Sir, this is a Wendy's. Whhrrrr
Fennic was great in this episode. Solved a few problems humorously and that solution to the cooking droid was perfect.
Better episode than the last one. And a better job with blatantly trying to sell new colourful toys. Glad that scene with Beals got approved and passed by censors. If the wookie gets popular wonder if the scene will be altered a couple decades from now so the trandoshan shot first.
do da loo ah do da loo 🎶

Top Bottom