• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Book of Boba Fett |OT| Sarlaac Spit-Up

ManaByte

2OPiTto.jpg

With episode 5, this show has now gone from irredeemable trash to a beautiful disaster. I'm reminded of that scene in IASIP where Charlie has his breakdown in the mail room.....that is how I picture the planning and execution of this series. If I put 2 people in a room and told them they had until morning to put together this entire series and start shooting, this is exactly what I'd expect to come out.
Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

episode 2 you seem a little on edge GIF by Star Wars

I was kidding. I love Mando, really enjoyed Boba so far, loved this episode and Kenobi will slap. Star Wars has never been so good.
Frustrations and fears make some sense. Tattooine saturation is hitting its limit with what is known. Originally the connection with Luke Skywalker and how it represents the rural life away from all the big things going on elsewhere for Luke is seeming kind of lost. Maybe they're trying from a different angle make their storm in a tea cup on Tattooine spin into galactic conflict from the little start ups of Mando and Boba.

Wvrs

Frustrations and fears make some sense. Tattooine saturation is hitting its limit with what is known. Originally the connection with Luke Skywalker and how it represents the rural life away from all the big things going on elsewhere for Luke is seeming kind of lost. Maybe they're trying from a different angle make their storm in a tea cup on Tattooine spin into galactic conflict from the little start ups of Mando and Boba.
I don't think much of Kenobi will be set on Tattooine at all. Just the first episode and the epilogue. But its seeming over-representation is just due to the fact that it was the first locale of the entire franchise.

I wouldn't mind never seeing it again after this year, though.

RAÏSanÏa

Din was told his N1 Starfighter will be faster than a Fathier.

OIP.LGoKfL0Je0CtrjCfTSYgFAHaDt
Thanks for pointing that out. Thought it was one of those weird Mando words like porringer.

Really good ep. It was nice to be off Tattooine. All signs point to lift off.
Great prelude for the Mandalorian. Mithril!

Ammogeddon

Well that was a great episode, hmm I wonder why?

I’m sure it was always the case but it feels like a dramatic course correction. “Quick they hate it, get one of those Mando season 3 episodes ready”

Also, I maybe wrong but I think that spaceship pole they got off the Jawas is the same thing Han, Leia and Luke used to brace the trash compactor in ANH.

emSM5tM.jpg

dan76

It's was good, but what was it doing in The Book of Boba Fett? So far this season we've had one half decent episode of Fett ( episode 4, the others were garbage ) and a good episode of Mando. Are there only 2 episodes left?

Dr Bass

Just watched episode 4 (tells you how much I care for the show when I can’t be bothered to watch it on release day). What a travesty this show is turning out to be. Last couple of episodes better be mind-blowing to make up for the poo-doo the first 4 have been.

I’m sick of Tatooine. Can we please move to another planet in the galaxy?
This is one of those details that always bugged me about the prequels and the way Star Wars has been treated so sloppily. I'm about to reveal my past Star Wars nerdery.

This huttese word first showed up in Return of the Jedi when Jabba tells Han Solo that he's now "Bantha poodoo" which was actually translated as "Bantha fodder" meaning he was going to be fed to the banthas.

But George Lucas, being the "genius" that he is, thought, "Oh I guess the word sounds like 'poopy' so I'll use it as an obvious euphemism for 'shit' in the prequels. That makes sense." So then you have Sebulba saying it that way, and now everyone thinks poodoo -> :messenger_poop: when for like 17 years poodoo -> 🥪.

Just like Palpatine saying the old republic had stood for "a thousand years" instead of "a thousand generations." I honestly can't believe how badly Star Wars has been absolutely trashed since the advent of the special editions. It's lost any and all meaning for me personally, when it was my favorite movies growing up.

All they had to do to make a Boba Fett series, is have him track down a bounty. Because you know ... he's a bounty hunter. Or maybe just not make the series at all because Boba Fett is actually dead and all of this "he lived!" baloney is EU fan fiction nonsense. I get it, people wanted him to still be around because they thought he went out like a chump. But they further ruined his character when they made him a "clone" for crying out loud. Replaced all of his dialogue in Empire with FAR worse deliveries by Morrison ...

It's all just crap now. Or based on the misunderstood meaning of the word ... "poodoo." :rolleyes:

ManaByte

Oh shit seriously? Was it delayed or has it always been scheduled to take this long? It's been over a year since the last ep aired, let alone whenever it was filmed.

Always like this. Boba was kind of meant to be Mando 2.5. Obi-Wan, Andor, and Ahsoka are all before Mando S3. Ahsoka films next.

The speculation is that Mando S3 is going to be kind of like a big Marvel-style team up with all of the Mandalorian characters (Mando, Bo Katan from Mando, Boba Fett, and Sabine from Ahsoka) retaking Mandalore.

Thaedolus

Always like this. Boba was kind of meant to be Mando 2.5. Obi-Wan, Andor, and Ahsoka are all before Mando S3. Ahsoka films next.

The speculation is that Mando S3 is going to be kind of like a big Marvel-style team up with all of the Mandalorian characters (Mando, Bo Katan from Mando, Boba Fett, and Sabine from Ahsoka) retaking Mandalore.
Huh...alright then. Sounds way cooler than any of the actual movies they put out recently.

RAÏSanÏa

The speculation is that Mando S3 is going to be kind of like a big Marvel-style team up with all of the Mandalorian characters (Mando, Bo Katan from Mando, Boba Fett, and Sabine from Ahsoka) retaking Mandalore .

trikster40

Wow, they only mentioned Boba’s name one Time in a series based on him. Congrats! It’s like if Seinfeld only had an episode about George.

Last edited:

Ionian

Oh yeah I remember that

As someone who hated The Farce Awakens and The Lame Jedi, this isn't a big deal lol

The only Star Wars thing I skipped was Rise of The Lamewalker

Btw Love your PFP

You should seriously help young children with their thesis titles for their class.

Dude you'd you'd make at least a few hundred dollars (In Cringe-Coin).

Get your English in check bro.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Hell yeah finally Mando shows up to give us the Boba action we wanted. Great episode, hope the remaining ones keep pace.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
Huh...alright then. Sounds way cooler than any of the actual movies they put out recently.

Don’t jinx it on us.

After ep4 now this, I’m casually cautious of the upswing in improvement. Hopefully the backstory is done and we go out with a bang for last two eps.

jason10mm

Gold Member
So hang on, was this a legit Mando episode (like Chapter 17 or however they count that show) that they held back for Fett or just for some reason the writers took a total break from Fett to give us this looooooonnnnnngggggggg explanation for why Mando is on Tatooine again? My son was so confused we had to go back to the title screen just to prove to him it was an episode of Fett.

Loved the episode, it had more mechanic stuff than an episode of Top Gear and mythbusters combined! Mando cutting himself with the darksaber was cool as well, helped cement the idea that lightsaber tech is really a dangerous and niche science.

Still, a single seat N1 starfighter seems like a TERRIBLE choice for a guy who lives......out of his ship? Is he gonna stuff a bounty into that renovated astromech compartment (which, BTW, totally ruins the clean lines of the N1). Where is he gonna sleep, shit, eat or do anything? The choice to have a space bus go from the ring (which was AWESOME) to Tatooine was another bad call though, makes the galaxy seem even smaller. I don't think we've ever really seen a starliner like that before and making it feel like a bus/plane instead of a train with sleeping compartments was a wrong choice IMHO.

Anyway, there will clearly be some space battles in Mando S3, why else give him a starfighter? I was hoping for a cool reimagining of Slav....err Firespray II or something, maybe a sleeker version of the Razor Crest. S1 & S2 of mando spent so much time in and around the ship, it's gonna be a little sad to see all that go.

The choice to have a space bus go from the ring (which was AWESOME) to Tatooine was another bad call though, makes the galaxy seem even smaller. I don't think we've ever really seen a starliner like that before and making it feel like a bus/plane instead of a train with sleeping compartments was a wrong choice IMHO.
Dude where have you been? They are trying to promote this:

MrMephistoX

So hang on, was this a legit Mando episode (like Chapter 17 or however they count that show) that they held back for Fett or just for some reason the writers took a total break from Fett to give us this looooooonnnnnngggggggg explanation for why Mando is on Tatooine again? My son was so confused we had to go back to the title screen just to prove to him it was an episode of Fett.

Loved the episode, it had more mechanic stuff than an episode of Top Gear and mythbusters combined! Mando cutting himself with the darksaber was cool as well, helped cement the idea that lightsaber tech is really a dangerous and niche science.

Still, a single seat N1 starfighter seems like a TERRIBLE choice for a guy who lives......out of his ship? Is he gonna stuff a bounty into that renovated astromech compartment (which, BTW, totally ruins the clean lines of the N1). Where is he gonna sleep, shit, eat or do anything? The choice to have a space bus go from the ring (which was AWESOME) to Tatooine was another bad call though, makes the galaxy seem even smaller. I don't think we've ever really seen a starliner like that before and making it feel like a bus/plane instead of a train with sleeping compartments was a wrong choice IMHO.

Anyway, there will clearly be some space battles in Mando S3, why else give him a starfighter? I was hoping for a cool reimagining of Slav....err Firespray II or something, maybe a sleeker version of the Razor Crest. S1 & S2 of mando spent so much time in and around the ship, it's gonna be a little sad to see all that go.
Exactly it was the full mando crew and budget. Book of Boba has way lower production value so far from what I’ve seen and they just have shuffled between Jabba’s Palace, dramatic walks through Mos Espa to either lady from Dirty Dancing’s club, the mayors office or the Dune Sea. It’s like an episode of I Love Lucy with a total of 5 mini sets. Hell we got more of the dune sea with the pod racing-esque flight than had been shown in all of Boba.

I had a sigh of relief though knowing the Mando writers and crew have still got it with this episode.

Last edited:

NickFire

That was a straight up Mando episode, and it was both amazing and wildly unexpected. I'm not convinced that BF's current story can be redeemed, but my confidence in the people who brought us Mando has been completely restored. Brilliant episode.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Exactly it was the full mando crew and budget. Book of Boba has way lower production value so far from what I’ve seen and they just have shuffled between Jabba’s Palace, dramatic walks through Mos Espa to either lady from Dirty Dancing’s club, the mayors office or the Dune Sea. It’s like an episode of I Love Lucy with a total of 5 mini sets. Hell we got more of the dune sea with the pod racing-esque flight than had been shown in all of Boba.

I had a sigh of relief though knowing the Mando writers and crew have still got it with this episode.
Dude, Jennifer Beals is FLASHDANCE, it was Jennifer GREY in Dirty Dancing. Get your 1980's screen vixens right!!! :p

hRsLeDX.gif

Top Bottom