• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CEO 2015 Fighting Game Tournament - June 26-28

Hopefully the PC release of Killer Instinct gives it a bigger fanbase. The game deserves more of an audience.

I hope so too. Game looks interesting to me and I want to play Aria.

Prolly gonna get eviscerated for saying this, but I'd love to see these cats make an original fighting game... hopefully divorced from KI's combo breaker mechanic.

Producer

I disagree strongly that the game is figured out. But no one gives enough shit to actually work on tech for the game.

I'd say the most effective/efficient stuff is figured out. Like why try to work on x23 tech for potential one touch kill when you got firebrand. Stuff like that.

notworksafe

I'd say the most effective/efficient stuff is figured out. Like why try to work on x23 tech for potential one touch kill when you got firebrand. Stuff like that.

the most effective stuff right now is figured out, that doesn't mean better tech isn't out there. spiral was once considered top tier in mvc2 as well, but people actually cared enough about that game to figure out better tech.

Wow, are people still using raw stream numbers to measure interest in competitive gaming?

Stream viewership is affected by all sorts of factors that often have little to do with the game itself.

And, now that people KNOW that people are using stream numbers to gage a game's "success", people can artificially bloat numbers...even if they aren't actually watching.

It's all very flawed.

KarmaCow

How many teams in Smash 4 doubles have real synergy? I remember seeing G&W+Villager doing some stuff with bucket and the tree.

Kenturoxx

How many teams in Smash 4 doubles have real synergy? I remember seeing G&W+Villager doing some stuff with bucket and the tree.

There are probably some real good strats but no one uses any of the good ones which i why i hate watching doubles. I wanna see people bring out sheik + gw and have 30 sec matches

I disagree strongly that the game is figured out. But no one gives enough shit to actually work on tech for the game.

There are people still developing new tech. But there is extremely good stuff that is already well known, so there's less incentive for some players to experiment when they can just use what already works.

def sim

I get told so many times that Florida is not east coast...

Guess only our good players are East Coast lol

I don't know who is telling you these things or why you choose to take it seriously enough to be indignant about it, but there is absolutely no doubt that Florida is on the east coast!

fader

What lol?

Do you know geography bro?

I do "bro".

I don't know who is telling you these things or why you choose to take it seriously enough to be indignant about it, but there is absolutely no doubt that Florida is on the east coast!

I always argued for it, my reasoning is that if Florida isn't EC then SoCal is not WC.

But I guess people only see the tri states as EC

Well both I guess. Doubles is only interesting when it's a team vs team instead of two players vs two other players.

I don't know how Smash 4 teams are going, but there's finally a handful of Melee teams with real synergy (Armada/Android being the best example, except you won't see Android here)

the most effective stuff right now is figured out, that doesn't mean better tech isn't out there. spiral was once considered top tier in mvc2 as well, but people actually cared enough about that game to figure out better tech.
Fair enough. I should have said "people think the game is figured out". There is still a lot of good stuff out there. I will maintain until the game is dead that Captain America + Iron Man is top tier material. I still think my own team, which no one else plays (well, sometimes Angelic does), is capable of winning majors.

If by "real synergy" you mean P1 amping up P2, it would only be characters that can benefit from getting hit by their partner. Jigglypuff might not "boost" Bowser, but IMO they have excellent synergy because Puff is so evasive. Everyone else takes friendly fire by the nature of Bowser's playstyle.

Villager, Ness, Lucas, and G&W work well with energy projectile characters like Mewtwo, Lucario, and Samus.

Little Mac benefits a lot from partnering with someone that can trigger his counter for better recovery.

Stuff like that.

def sim

I always argued for it, my reasoning is that if Florida isn't EC then SoCal is not WC.

Ah well those insular people don't get to decide what a coast consists of. It's likely some clique nonsense. I wouldn't pay them any mind.

I do "bro".

Florida is on the east coast, but when talking about regions Florida usually belongs to the South I thought. Actually, that only happens if you take "coast" away. East = top eastern states of US and East coast = entire east coast when talking regions.

Top Bottom