• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CEO 2015 Fighting Game Tournament - June 26-28

Revven

I didn't think I'd ever see Little Mac and Ike get far in a doubles tournament. Impressed. They practiced a lot together.

It's not just Smash.

SF4 was at 11,000+ earlier (basically the same as Melee right now)

Divekick is currently at 9,462...more than Smash 4 at 9,190.

Like I said, lots of factors affect stream numbers.

Tripon

It's not just Smash.

SF4 was at 11,000+ earlier (basically the same as Melee right now)

Divekick is currently at 9,462...more than Smash 4 at 9,190.

Like I said, lots of factors affect stream numbers.
Again, Team Spooky and vgbootcamp are the most mainstream FGC and Smash channels right now

smoothj

I love watching these tourneys on the weekend. Slowly I've been more drawn to the MKX fights. Like seeing Sonicfox whoopin ass.

Anybody know if Melee and USF4 hit the 512 cap? I figured Melee should easily, just wondering if USF4 did or how close it got. FR went from 350 to 476(last official count but it was a little higher) with late registrants. So I was curious to know if CEO could beat that to become the biggest SF4 tourney ever outside of EVO.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
yes for FGC events, not so much for Smash-centric events (which is why SmashCon is mildly interesting)

Typically no. The $500 bounty for knocking Zero out plus a recent movement by the 4 community to develop a community infrastructure are mostly to owe for that. This is 4's biggest tournament until Evo happens so for them it's a proving grounds.

At FGC events (NCR, Texas Showdown, KSB, Spring Fighter, etc.) Smash 4 usually gets more. At Smash events Melee usually gets more.

Also Ryo & Sol. OMG.

No. Melee usually beats it out on all fronts, from entrants, to stream numbers. I believe this is the first time for a national.

This is good for Smash4. But it's not too surprising because the main event of CEO 2015 is clearly Smash4 with the whole "undisputed, undefeated best" ZeRo in attendance with people that can legitimately beat him for the first time since Apex. A bounty has even been put on his head, whoever eliminates him gets a bonus. There's a lot of hype for it.

Although Melee singles could end up reaching the CEO cap too as late registrations are being allowed and the Melee community is notorious for late entrants. EVO 15 is where the hype for Melee will really show, with the whole "Mango 3VO" coming into play.

What am I supposed to believe

Top Bottom