• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Damnit, this forum needs more F.E.A.R. love! (go away 56K)

Ark-AMN

Banned
Ign's not that bad E3 Impressions: http://pc.ign.com/articles/615/615280p1.html

Official E3 Trailer: http://streamingmovies.ign.com/pc/a...media.gameboy.ign.com/download.html?mu=<URL/>

And of course the pics:
fear-20050519013831258.jpg

fear-20050519013836664.jpg

fear-20050519013839555.jpg

fear-20050519013842289.jpg

fear-20050519013847273.jpg

fear-20050519013850414.jpg

fear-20050513050905656.jpg

fear-20050513050910264.jpg

fear-20050513050912076.jpg

fear-20050513050914014.jpg

fear-20050513050916029.jpg

fear-20050513050917810.jpg

fear-20050309083246129.jpg

fear-20050309083247129.jpg

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I like how that leather couch looks. It actually looks kinda 'real', like I want to jump into the picture and sit on it.

Ark-AMN

Banned
Watch the trailer, I love when they show the clip of the grenade being thrown at the guy in slow-mo and he bursts into total red. :D

even ignoring the graphics which are amazing, the actual gameplay of this just looks fuckin incredible. watch the gamespot e3 demo of it, this could be fps of the year easy

Ark-AMN

Banned
element said:
You guys have idea how cool this game is :D

Oh but I do, I played it both at GDC and E3 (was suprised to see they were different demos) and went away in awe. Especially with the E3 demo because it actually ran so damn smooth considering all the effects they saturate the screen with.

Only problem was I didn't get too far in the demo, though that was probably due to me being so burnt out and tired than the game being too hard. Of course I was able to watch the actual devs play the game for the press and man some of the (I hate to use the phrase) "Sanity Effects" were pretty cool. The one mentioned most from the E3 demo shows
the player going into a hall and it turns into a hallway of blood on the ceiling with that little girl walking through it upside down. Then a cool effect happens when you reach the door at the end of the hall and it "shatters" like a mirror
. And of course the action was quite hectic and thrilling too, and using the "slow-motion" power was cool too, especially when shooting someone. :D

I am interested in playing this, but not until I have hardware to hold it at 60 through the heaviest action.

It's not that my rig ain't big (it is), but Monolith have ever been lackluster coders. None of the interations of Lithtech have been very smooth for the hardware current to the game's release.

I'll check it out when there is a demo, and keep testing my upgrades against that until I'm satisfied. Obviously, the thought of playing with any but the most RAM hungry effects and systems disabled is right out.

It may be considered wierd to plan play time years into the future, even for a title that I'm only so-so interested in. But when it comes to PC action, I'm through dicking around: If it's not smooth enough, I'm content to wait until it is.

Meier

Thought you were talking about Ian Brown's amazing song!

B00005ONOO.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Okay no I didnt, but everyone should listen to F.E.A.R. This game is going to rule but they need to hurry up and finish it and give me a No One Lives Forever 3. I demand more Kate!

Mrbob

galeninjapan said:
Whats so great about that? It looks like a cookie-cutter FPS.

Looks like you haven't read about the game then.

I can't wait to get ahold of this. My most wanted title of the year!!!

Is the release date still pegged for around August/September?

BuddyC

F.E.A.R. was really really cool, and it pains me greatly that the title is stuck in my backlog of things to write about.

RiZ III

Screenshots do this game no justice. The coolest part about this game is the sense of chaos which just can't be captured in screenshots.

Ark-AMN

Banned
Monolith has said that they are aiming for "If you can run Half Life 2, you can run FEAR". Of course, they done say at what settings or anything like that.

I'd really hope I wouldn't have to upgrade or buy a new computer.

Any1

Hey can someone tell me why i can look over the entire first screenshot and find almost no aa except on the, bookshelf like stand thing, in the background?

Regardless, the game is a thing of beauty and is one of my most anticipated games . But could someone that knows about things like this tell me how every thing in that picture is basically perfection but just one itty bitty set piece in the background that is aliased.

refreshZ

The pics in Edge (a few issues back) looked awesome. Love the idea of a Ring-style girl just staring at you in the midst of a firefight.

Ark-AMN

Banned
Yeah, The Ring influences in the game are quite obvious. But Monolith also said that they were also looking at The Shining for inspiration as well.

I hope Gamespot releases a complete movie of the E3 demo like they did last year.

Ark-AMN

Banned
I asked a rep at E3 if they planned console versions and he told me that the game was PC only. Of course, that can always change in the future I suppose.

Top Bottom