• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC |OT| Uncapped Framerates

I'm not 100% sure about this but leveling is fairly quick either way. To me it seemed to take about the same amount of time even as levels went up. As I unlocked planets I'd often do a bunch of events and other activities on the planet which levels you up pretty fast.

Also vendor and faction levels don't seem to grow exponentially either.

Sweet, do you remember how many hours it took you to get to 20? I'm gonna be busy this weekend, but I'm hoping I can squeeze out 20 before the raid opens next week.

TheTurboFD

Sweet, do you remember how many hours it took you to get to 20? I'm gonna be busy this weekend, but I'm hoping I can squeeze out 20 before the raid opens next week.

Not the OP but I was able to get to Level 15 within a day of off and on playing. Mixing crucible and public events.

Rizific

i played after work on release day from about 5pm until midnight and hit level 13. played yesterday after work again and hit 20. it wont take long at all. kind of disappointing, really.

i played after work on release day from about 5pm until midnight and hit level 13. played yesterday after work again and hit 20. it wont take long at all. kind of disappointing, really.

Really? I'm really happy to hear it doesn't take that long, because then you can get to the real part of the game, in my opinion: end game (aka raiding).

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I have to say, I'm finding the social or MP aspect of this game quite lacking and cumbersome. If you're in a party with a friend you can't go your separate ways, so if I want to nip back to town to turn something in he's forced to come with me or leave. You also can't see your parties health nor if their super is available. Also I really hate you can only play with 2 friends at a time, it just doesn't feel very "epic"? On the same note 4v4 feels really small for PvP. I dunno, the game feels great to play solo but just feels a bit clunky to play with friends.

Voidwolf

I have to say, I'm finding the social or MP aspect of this game quite lacking and cumbersome. If you're in a party with a friend you can't go your separate ways, so if I want to nip back to town to turn something in he's forced to come with me or leave. You also can't see your parties health nor if their super is available. Also I really hate you can only play with 2 friends at a time, it just doesn't feel very "epic"? On the same note 4v4 feels really small for PvP. I dunno, the game feels great to play solo but just feels a bit clunky to play with friends.

You actually can see if others in your fireteam have their super, the little box that displays their level should pulse yellow.

Why, do they (stick/bumpers) break easily or something?

People have problems with both. I wouldn't say the S's are any better. The material is completely different too. It's not like you're going to put a slightly better plastic in a premium controller so this doesn't make any sense (the Elite's sticks aren't plastic like the regular Xbone and Xbox S controllers)

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Did they ever update the elite to use Bluetooth like the new controller, or plan to? Using my custom one from MS Store right now but would love another elite.

Pilgrimm

So how much would I like that game alone? None of my friends are playing it. I can't play that much either. Is it even worth it for casual game play? Wil it be boring that way?

Pat_DC

What is playing efficiently defined as? Only doing missions, adventures, and sidequests?

My version of efficient was doing public events on Titan since it is so small even if you don't have a sparrow or map markers you can easily get from one event to another. Hopefully piggy backing off higher level guardians who turn the events into heroics.
This was less fun than taking your time and just leveling by playing. I only did this on my third character to speed things up.

Keep in mind getting to 20 won't make you raid ready, your light level will still be too low. Also there is a lot of stuff that is not available until you finish the campaign, which when you finish you get auto leveled to 20 anyway. So upto you if you want to level up first. Though you level up so quick it's not really a grind anyway.

Ramirez

What is playing efficiently defined as? Only doing missions, adventures, and sidequests?

Only do adventures when you need to level up to hit the next planet. If you see a public event, join it, even if you’re under leveled. A few heroic public events can get you a level really quick. I think I started my Hunter at 6:30-ish last night and was at Ghaul by 11:30, and that was with some breaks. I did the 3 EDZ adventures before heading to Titan and only had to stop to do PE’s once I finished IO.

MrBenchmark

People have problems with both. I wouldn't say the S's are any better. The material is completely different too. It's not like you're going to put a slightly better plastic in a premium controller so this doesn't make any sense (the Elite's sticks aren't plastic like the regular Xbone and Xbox S controllers)
It the module that’s better the stick material plastic or metal isn’t what makes it better you can buy metal sticks for use on an S controller it’s the actual module that makes the difference.

I’ve torn these things apart tons of times the older pre S LB RB plastic is weaker and snaps in the middle easy.

Quick question, I'm on the last step of the Sturm quest (as in, I just have to talk to Rahool to turn it in and get the Exotic weapon). I noticed this in Destiny Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...uld_i_grab_my_powerful_gear_before_finishing/ which says that "From my understanding, exotic level will be based on your level at the last step of the quest, just before you get it. I'd say power first, then exotic quest"

Can anyone confirm if that is in reference to the light level upon turning in the quest or upon beginning the final step of the quest? I just want to know if I should hold off on turning this in to get the reward so that the weapon is a higher light level or if I might as well get it now if I passed the point of no return by practically finishing this quest at my current light level (241).

SRTtoZ

So I think I'm still in the beginning, just did the first or 2nd mission in Titan and any way you spin it the gameplay loop is insanely addicting. Running around doing Adventures or public events is just non stop fun using your abilities. Game plays ACE with the Elite controller on PC too. I did some casual PVP and actually didn't get owned like I thought I would. Fantastic game.

So tempted to buy an Elite controller for this. Might be time.

Do it. I have 2 of them since MS replaced one of mine for free without making me send it back. Also until they come up with a new version they seem to warranty the controller one time regardless of if its out of warranty or not, just keep your receipt. I sent mine in a few weeks back and they replaced mine no questions asked. Best controller ive ever used and I'm more of a PS4/PC guy.

I'm curious what everyone's preference here is for toggle aim vs hold aim in Destiny 2? Usually I play with toggle (and have been for many hours with D2 so far), however, I'm noticing it's annoying having to double tap toggle aim when I'm in the middle of a double jump (glide in this case) in order to get into ADS mode. After playing D1 for so long on PS4 it feels incredible unnatural gliding towards an enemy with a shotgun out and not immediately going into ADS mode upon pressing the aim button immediately, but it takes two presses of the right mouse button when using toggle aim.

I just tried playing with hold and find it annoying so far but the jumping and ADSing feels much better now...so I'm torn.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So where are the best sources of gear after 265? It has slowed down massively. Someone told me world content is capped at 265? That would be awful as it would make almost all the content redundant.

So where are the best sources of gear after 265? It has slowed down massively. Someone told me world content is capped at 265? That would be awful as it would make almost all the content redundant.

World content is not capped at 265 as blues go all the way to 300 PL but it's more complicated than that. Do Public Events for chances at Exotics. You should also complete the Destination Quests soon. Other than that you have the Weekly Milestones, Clan rewards, and the Raid (next week) as ways to continue progression.

Here is a good Power Leveling guide (I didn't really use it in getting three Characters to 305 PL on Xbox but it's a good guide nonetheless)...

https://imgur.com/a/h3uPL

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
World content is not capped at 265 as blues go all the way to 300 PL but it's more complicated than that. Do Public Events for chances at Exotics. You should also complete the Destination Quests soon. Other than that you have the Weekly Milestones, Clan rewards, and the Raid (next week) as ways to continue progression.

Here is a good Power Leveling guide (I didn't really use it in getting three Characters to 305 PL on Xbox but it's a good guide nonetheless)...

https://imgur.com/a/h3uPL

OK that's good, my friend was wrong then. What do you mean by destination quests? Are they the blue ones? I've finished all the milestones and done the nightfall strike and I'm at about 268 ATM.

OK that's good, my friend was wrong then. What do you mean by destination quests? Are they the blue ones? I've finished all the milestones and done the nightfall strike and I'm at about 268 ATM.

Yeah the blue quests. I'm guessing you've already done the Patrol one to activate the Flashpoint Milestone? Other than that do the other ones when you feel like you've done absolutely everything you can to increase PL besides getting Exotics to drop.

The next big number you want to reach is 280 PL as that will allow you to start using/buying/crafting Legendary mods (each one will add +5 PL to each gear/weapon slot which would push you upwards towards 290 PL.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I've done that and completed the milestone for it, I have a bunch of blue quests left so I'll do those next tomorrow. BTW bar a couple of quest Exotics is there any way to farm certain ones or is it 100% RNG? I want an auto rifle.

Hyun Sai

Yeah I've done that and completed the milestone for it, I have a bunch of blue quests left so I'll do those next tomorrow. BTW bar a couple of quest Exotics is there any way to farm certain ones or is it 100% RNG? I want an auto rifle.

Yeah, exotics are 100% random, and you will certainly have the joy of dropping the same 3 times in a row ah ah ah.

Warnen

Got 3 exotics last night in a row doing the io milestone. Merciless, winter’s guile and travestive steeps. Doubt my luck will ever duplicate unlike these exotics that surely will.

Iztli

Im really thinking about getting this game since I've never played the first one. Is like Diablo FPS style or Borderlands?

Warnen

Im really thinking about getting this game since I've never played the first one. Is like Diablo FPS style or Borderlands?

More like a Phantasy Online FPS. Both games you mentioned have random loot, while destiny drops loot its more fixed beside power lvl.

If you like how halo plays but want more customization and cooler guns destiny 2 is for u.

Two Words

Man, the story is pretty silly when you consider that the Red Legion was able to wipe out the Guardians at full power before taking away their light. In the first mission, they pretty much had a firm grasp on the Last City before taking away the light. And after having full control over the city and a lot of the system, they lose it all to a single guardian and some normal humans.

Hyun Sai

Man, the story is pretty silly when you consider that the Red Legion was able to wipe out the Guardians at full power before taking away their light. In the first mission, they pretty much had a firm grasp on the Last City before taking away the light. And after having full control over the city and a lot of the system, they lose it all to a single guardian and some normal humans.

But but... It was a SURPRISE attack !!! ^^

The story is really bad.

120v

i went in with rock bottom expectations for the story and i guess they were more or less met. but goddam red legion is like straight out a buzz lightyear cartoon or something

Hedge

Does anyone else experience that the screen freezes and the game then crashes back to desktop?

Has been like that since release and it happens every 30 minutes - 1 hour. :/

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I just got my Rat King's which rolled 286. Interesting little chain quest to complete it, having to finish the Nightfall with 5 minutes to spare was the toughest part, but it only took 2 tries, the first time we missed it by 1 second lol.

Which is a shame considering TTK story was pretty solid.

Yeah. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of cool stuff built around the game. I think Adventures in general are pretty neat side quests but I was really surprised with how bad the story is. It was definitely a step up from the first Destiny but that's almost the lowest bar one can set for a story in my opinion, and I still don't think it cleared the bar smoothly

Woo-Fu

Banned
PvP so bad in this, I can't make myself go to crucible even though it means a powerful item eventually.

CSJ

PvP so bad in this, I can't make myself go to crucible even though it means a powerful item eventually.

I've just come here to say the same thing, I do it for the loot but it's painful.
Doesn't help that it's peer to peer, I'm getting so many kill-trades or killing someone not even properly aiming at them, or they die behind a wall my end.

Usually it's the other way around!
Getting tons of people ready and waiting for me pre-throwing grenades and im crouch moving :/

I guess I'll post my thoughts here since I never got around to it in the other OT, I would just periodically whine about the things that bothered me.

The good:

-Story presentation is great in the beginning and the end. the final couple of levels were really awesome in my opinion. One particular level at the end of the game looked stunning.
-The design of the worlds are also gorgeous. IO feels a bit weird because some spots look nearly identical to Venus, but outside of that I think the art in general is top-notch.
-The shooting still feels great. It doesn't feel as stand-out on PC, but I still think it's up there when it comes to feel.
-Adventures are awesome. Some of those short quests were more interesting than the entirety of the main plot.
-Hand cannons on PC feel great.

The bad:

-My character looked lame for most of the game. At one point I was getting the exact same chest piece over and over with a slightly higher power level. Gear for the vast majority of the game looks kind of lame.
-The story sucked. It felt like a re-introduction to Destiny (or an introduction for new players). The Ghaul stuff was real shallow. Why was I spending most of the game fighting non-Cabal units when the story is centered around the Red Legion? The plot seemed pretty meh as it was but the pacing was a total mess. I didn't like that most of the plot revolved around "getting the fireteam back together" when I don't actually care about any of them.
-Weapons/armor generally are pretty lame. I want Bungie to let loose with exotics. Make more interesting guns, please! The loot pales in comparison to the original game. Not every single exotic needs to be Gjallarhorn levels of power, but I do want more exotics to have perks that feel exciting and cool, like Gjallarhorn was.
- The end game "grind" seems reallllly generous. I feel that the post game starts out awesome and then loses steam fairly quickly.
-RPG aspects feel tacked on. If they don't go any deeper with it, I would rather them just get rid of all of the RPG systems, since they are so light at this point that they might as well not exist.
-I'm iffy on the token system.

Overall I think Destiny 2 is a good game. However, there are areas in which is quite a bit worse than where Destiny 1 left off (mostly revolving around progression). I'll buy the expansions since I still enjoy the game, but I expected more from Destiny 2 and the game did not meet those expectations.

I just got my Rat King's which rolled 286. Interesting little chain quest to complete it, having to finish the Nightfall with 5 minutes to spare was the toughest part, but it only took 2 tries, the first time we missed it by 1 second lol.

What LL were you when you finished the quest? I'm currently sitting on a couple of exotic quests trying to hold off on turning them in since I want them to be as high as possible.

Top Bottom