• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC |OT| Uncapped Framerates

I'm loving all the activities in patrol. With Adventures, Lost Sectors, and the frequency at which Public Events pop up, you always have something to do.

You always have something to do until you hit a very noticeable wall, at that point there is nothing to do whatsoever when it comes to actual progression for your character.

Granted, that happens in pretty much every game. It just happens a lot sooner than it should or it does in other games, in my opinion.

jediyoshi

At first I was bummed that character creation was identical, now I think it's quaint to just be playing my same character.

man the PVP feels so fuckin good on PC

Yup! Hoping they update the shit out of the crucible long term though. It's so damn bare bones right now. If they just added more playlists and gave better rewards. The gear reward pool should be way bigger at least, on PS4 I got the the point where I was getting so many duplicates it was insane.

If they add ranked play I will be thoroughly satisfied. I think Bungie said they were "looking at it", but who knows what that means. All I know is ranked play is an easy way to keep players playing, and retention is what Bungie is looking for, right?

Voidwolf

You always have something to do until you hit a very noticeable wall, at that point there is nothing to do whatsoever when it comes to actual progression for your character.

Granted, that happens in pretty much every game. It just happens a lot sooner than it should or it does in other games, in my opinion.

I've heard that complaint from several of my friends that have been playing it on PS4. I'm okay with it honestly. There are plenty of other games I want to play, once I hit that wall I can move on to the next game until the DLC for this is released and repeat the cycle. And when I do hit that wall, I'm not gonna drop the game altogether, I'll still get on occasionally to help friends or for some crucible matches.

Quick question: Is there any reason to hold onto exotic engrams until a higher level or should I just go ahead and decode them right away?

You can always consume more powerful weapons of the same type to level up exotics so no need to wait. For example if you get the fighting lion exotic at 250 now you can consume a lvl 286 grenade launcher regardless of its class (can be legendary, standard, or exotic) later to boost the fighting lion stats. FYI fighting lion is terrible so that was a bad example.

One thing you can do is preview the possible drops for said engram prior to decrypting it. I believe this changes every 5 minutes.

Enordash

You can always consume more powerful weapons of the same type to level up exotics so no need to wait. For example if you get the fighting lion exotic at 250 now you can consume a lvl 286 grenade launcher regardless of its class (can be legendary, standard, or exotic) later to boost the fighting lion stats. FYI fighting lion is terrible so that was a bad example.

One thing you can do is preview the possible drops for said engram prior to decrypting it. I believe this changes every 5 minutes.

Oh, nice. Thanks for the advice. I got an exotic engram drop at level 4 or something so I was just wondering whether or not to wait. I think it did say something like "power 50" or something when I hovered over it. Guessing that was my power level at the time of receiving it. Good to know that it still has the potential to be worth something in the long run.

Hale_C

I'm struggling to join the Battle Net social link in the OT. Clicking the link and then the 'launch desktop app' button does nothing. Copy-pasting the link into the app results in a 'group no longer exists' error. Does the group still exist?

Oh, nice. Thanks for the advice. I got an exotic engram drop at level 4 or something so I was just wondering whether or not to wait. I think it did say something like "power 50" or something when I hovered over it. Guessing that was my power level at the time of receiving it. Good to know that it still has the potential to be worth something in the long run.

That's actually the power level of the item it will decrypt into, and it is set the moment it drop, so no need to wait, just decrypt it as soon as possible.

Enordash

That's actually the power level of the item it will decrypt into, and it is set the moment it drop, so no need to wait, just decrypt it as soon as possible.

Cool. Seems like they throw these things at you a little more generously than in D1. To be fair, I didn't play anything past the main game back in the day so I don't know how it evolved over time.

Bethell

So when I first started playing, like the intro bit. Everything felt SUPER 144hz and smooth as hell.

I'm not on Titan and everything is still at the same frame rate, it just doesnt feel anything like it did at the start of the game.. what is going on? Feels like its stuttering or something, very very shitty.

BizzyBum

So when I first started playing, like the intro bit. Everything felt SUPER 144hz and smooth as hell.

I'm not on Titan and everything is still at the same frame rate, it just doesnt feel anything like it did at the start of the game.. what is going on? Feels like its stuttering or something, very very shitty.

Apparently it's an issue many people are having when reaching the EDZ.

Seems like it could be some sort of memory leak issue? Hopefully Bungie can patch it.

Bethell

Seems like it could be some sort of memory leak issue? Hopefully Bungie can patch it.

I see, thanks for the heads up.

To anyone thinking of buying this game, I'd say go for it. Theres enough there to grip me and I didnt play D1 and the game is just fun to play. I can see myself just playing the PVP and stuff when i get bored towards the end game. It will have enough content for 2 weeks or so which for me is well worth £44.

Duuke

Apparently there's a memory leak at the moment.

AndyKoopa

Neo Member
Is there a good document or site for new players? I never played the first game and I am a little overwhelmed with all of the workings after a few hours. Best practices etc like should I save anything to craft later on? FYI I chose warlock.

Stevey

Same on the next hub area as well for me.
I'm leaving it til they fix it, feels horrible to play.

This probably a really dumb question, but I have a pulsing white speech bubble in the bottom right of my screen that overlays everything and is really annoying me. I'm in the beginning bit of the game, just been sent off from the farm to go into orbit for the first time. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it?

Is it a chat invite or something? I don't see any social options yet in the menus.

Emilbus

I'm struggling to join the Battle Net social link in the OT. Clicking the link and then the 'launch desktop app' button does nothing. Copy-pasting the link into the app results in a 'group no longer exists' error. Does the group still exist?

I managed to join it manually by just using the final code at the end of the invite URL. So for the group, it would be 2EWwniR0.

Gonna be starting the game later this evening. Anyone know if any one class/spec is better then the others from the time the game has been out on console already?

Pat_DC

Gonna be starting the game later this evening. Anyone know if any one class/spec is better then the others from the time the game has been out on console already?

As some one who the most hours with a hunter in D1, I feel like Hunters have been a bit forgotten. Classes, grenades and supers feel lacking compared to others and the most important stat 'recovery' is much harder to max out, even hunter armour meant for survival don't have recovery on them.

Warlocks are great, especially the devour skill tree which eats up enemeies in PVE. Titans are also good fun especially as they are the only class able to get two grenades.

Don't get me wrong still enjoyed playing as hunter and you can get some class set ups that feel ok (good support set up with the Orpheus Rig boots) but they feel a lot less fun than the others for me.

Lemmi

Neo Member
This probably a really dumb question, but I have a pulsing white speech bubble in the bottom right of my screen that overlays everything and is really annoying me. I'm in the beginning bit of the game, just been sent off from the farm to go into orbit for the first time. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it?

Is it a chat invite or something? I don't see any social options yet in the menus.

I had that too. I think you have to go into social options to clear it. It's mapped to U or I by default iirc.

SRTtoZ

They're all good and have all pros and cons. Honestly just pick the one which gear you'll enjoy or the play style you'll enjoy. Or do what I do, make one of each class :)

zeox

press T to bring up the chat window, then press T again to hide it

w0s

Hit level 12 today really enjoying the adventurers as well as the missions. What level do the strikes start at

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Hit level 20 and wow, what a game. Visually it's just stunning, so so impressive. It's amazing that it runs so well as well. Overall it's just great, the gunplay feels so good, the design is incredible from the mobs to the environments and the music is epic as fuck, toss in some top tier voice actors and you have the complete package. I haven't been this impressed with a package like this since Doom 2016. I can't wait to finish the campaign and clean up everything I've missed, then I'll be starting an alt for sure.

Do yourselfs a favour and turn depth of field to high from very high. I promise you will not see a difference in image quality but framerate difference is mind boggling.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Sändersson;252857938 said:
Do yourselfs a favour and turn depth of field to high from very high. I promise you will not see a difference in image quality but framerate difference is mind boggling.

Yep, I went from 75 FPS in 1440p Ultra 110% to 100 FPS, then pushed the resolution to 150% and still get an average of 75 FPS with less aliasing (1080 Ti).

So, I'm trying to start a mission on Titan, but every time I start the mission, I get kicked from error "AntEater." On Bungie's website, the error code is an internet problem, but I've been able to do everything else up to this point. Thoughts?

Pat_DC

Do you mean it is all post game or it is like d1 where they unlocked whole playing the campaign?

I mean once you progress the campaign to a certain point the strikes playlist will become available in your destinations.

Hit level 12 today really enjoying the adventurers as well as the missions. What level do the strikes start at

As someone who spent 435 hours on the Xbox version thus far the Adventures may very well be the best content in Destiny 2. I kinda wish they were structured a bit differently and intertwined with the main campaign or sorta like a second campaign of sorts. The atmosphere and small bits of lore in some of them really make them great content additions overall.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Hit 246 light on a stormcaller, end of day two. Feels like progress, but it really slowed down today. I'm out of milestones except for crucible and nightfall until next reset.

Since starting yesterday, I’ve only put in 5 hours so far, but short sessions with this game is something I can get down with. Love doing the adventures and frequent events. Hop on for a few matches of Crucible for something different, then hop offline. People who rush and power level through 20 to start mass grinding for gear will be disappointed afterwards. This game doesn’t really have much of an end-game, so there’s no point in trying to get all of the gear and max light right away.

Does this game have exponentially scaling time-to-level as you get higher in level? Or does each level take about the same amount of time to achieve?

Neuro

Striker titans and Voidwalker warlocks currently seem to rule the roost...I doubt the meta will change irrespective of the platform...

Pat_DC

Are the challenges on planets a one-off or do they reset daily?
Challenges reset daily, same as in crucible.

Does this game have exponentially scaling time-to-level as you get higher in level? Or does each level take about the same amount of time to achieve?
I'm not 100% sure about this but leveling is fairly quick either way. To me it seemed to take about the same amount of time even as levels went up. As I unlocked planets I'd often do a bunch of events and other activities on the planet which levels you up pretty fast.

Also vendor and faction levels don't seem to grow exponentially either.

Dazzyman

Excellent. Thanks for the reply m8. I bought it on Tuesday but yet to boot it but being disabled makes mouse and keyboard difficult. Will use my Xbox elite controller on it :)

Zato

Banned
Is anyone else experiencing the game freezing completely for a few seconds, then the game goes back to normal?

I have a 1440p gsync at 144hz, gtx 1080, I7-6700k, 16gb ddr4.

w0s

Is anyone else experiencing the game freezing completely for a few seconds, then the game goes back to normal?

I have a 1440p gsync at 144hz, gtx 1080, I7-6700k, 16gb ddr4.
This has happened to me twice. Same monitor but a 1080ti with a 6600k

Top Bottom