• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

DavidGzz

I wish I was as "fat" as the male Druid. Fucker is a beast. Looks like an off season giant bodybuilder. Fat is like 'Fat Bastard'. The druid has broad ass shoulders and huge arms. Plus he's like 7 foot so that's cool. He'd mangle the Barb.

Last edited:

Freeman76

If you're using Hydra the frost Nova Enchant is great... at 30% with the hydra throwing 3 shots at a time it almost continuously procs.
Dixnt know that! Thanks will check it out.

Endgame seems decdntly substantial. Considering i havent got off tier 1 yet im happy to see there is a lot to work towards after act 6

DavidGzz

Are you guys maxing your first character out or completing campaign then levelling an alt?

Rogue till I get the mount at least but I'm trying to finish the campaign to skip it with alts. Level 50 and still no mount lol. Doing too many dungeons to unlock aspects for alts...

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Hey if i go over cap in skill tree with items do they count? Like d2

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I remember that Diablo III had a really cool (I think official) website that, once you were logged in, you could see your characters and their build/gear. Is there anything like that for Diablo IV?

GHG

This game runs tremendously well on PC.

Medium/high settings at native res on the steam deck was not something I was expecting, even at 40fps. This game puts the 4090 to sleep, even with everything dialed up at 4k.

It's nice to see this after some of the shitshows we've been subjected to this year. Having a blast alternating between this and SF6 at the moment.

Hey if i go over cap in skill tree with items do they count? Like d2
You've uncovered the whole map but you haven't figured that out yet? 😂 Answer is yes 👍

Sorc at level 38, still on Act 1 lol. Been playing on World Tier 2 from the start, difficulty feels right. Got a legendary amulet that immediately made it's power felt once I equipped it:

-10.7% resistance to all elements
- 6.5% mana cost reduction
- 1 rank all mastery skills
- 1 rank all defensive skills
- basic skill gains 26% attack speed 🔥

And I got a legendary pants drop 2 minutes later 👌

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
If you're using Hydra the frost Nova Enchant is great... at 30% with the hydra throwing 3 shots at a time it almost continuously procs.
Really? When I tested it in the beta it hardly proced because of the way lucky hit works with multihitting skills. Maybe they changed it?

ssringo

Dropping the Barb and leveling a Druid was the right call for me. Having lots of fun with the sheer variety and not feeling like I'm constantly waiting on cooldowns.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I feel like double swing with Barb might be getting slept on a little bit.

Its not as great for AOE clear but on single target or just that general cleave area in front of you.... if you combo that with Ground Stomp so you get the fury refund and then berserker rage and you can just absolutely melt elites.

Ive also got a legendary that makes deathblow do like 135% extra damage or something after spending 100 rage. So its zerker, ground stomp, spam double swing, deathblow. Pretty nasty.

Last edited:

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Anyone get the PVP yet? How is it?
I've run into it a few times, it's not bad, but the times I've been in it's been pretty empty. Had one or two run ins but other than that it's just another option to do somethings. I usually run in to do boss for whisper of trees and get out.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
That Act V cinematic is one of the best long-cons I've ever witnessed in this bidness. Well freaking done Blizzard.

. . .having said that, the absolute breakneck speed of the last third of the game in terms of motivations and character development is ridiculous. I like the out of sequencing and non-linear way of doing the story too, but that needed a QA pass for darn sure.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So…. Ended up being pretty disappointed with this game. I can’t really find any kind of build that I enjoy playing. Nothing is really clicking, kinda bored with it. Probably the worst thing though, is that it’s been running like dogshit on PS5. Constant stuttering and rubberbanding. Quite annoying to play tbh. I might actually bounce of this game… lol. Idk.

Draugoth

Gold Member
There's currently a bunch of Twitch Drops:

TWITCH DROPS​

The below list of Twitch Drops can be earned by watching any channel in the Diablo IV category with drops enabled.

Week 1 Twitch Drops: Rogue and Necromancer​

Start Time: June 5, 4 p.m. PDT

End Time: June 11, 11:59 p.m. PDT

Watch at least 3 hours of eligible Diablo IV content while this Twitch Drop is active to earn the Azurehand Back-Stabber Dagger and Azurehand Heart-Piercer Sword Weapon Recolors for all your demon-stabbing needs. Keep up your momentum for a total of 6 hours to earn the Matron-Sigil Coffer (Rogue) and Progenitor Favor (Necromancer) Back Trophy.

Week 2 Twitch Drops: Sorcerer​

Start Time: June 12, 12 a.m. PDT

End Time: June 18, 11:59 p.m. PDT

Watch at least 3 hours of eligible Diablo IV content while this Twitch Drop is active to earn the Azurehand Spell-Slinger Wand Weapon Recolor; perfect for lobbing powerful masses of magic at your foes. Keep your streak going by watching for a total of 6 hours to earn the Hellrune Tabernacle Back Trophy.

Week 3 Twitch Drops: Druid​

Start Time: June 19, 12 a.m. PDT

End Time: June 25, 11:59 p.m. PDT

Watch at least 3 hours of eligible Diablo IV content while this Twitch Drop is active to earn the Azurehand Head-Cleaver Weapon Recolor; the premiere tool for beheading demons. Continue to watch for a total of 6 hours to earn the Font of the Mother Back Trophy.

Week 4 Twitch Drops: Barbarian​

Start Time: June 26, 12 a.m. PDT

End Time: July 2, 11:59 p.m. PDT

Watch at least 3 hours of eligible Diablo IV content while this Twitch Drop is active to earn the hefty Azurehand Skull-Crusher. Keep up the stream-viewing fun for a total of 6 hours to earn the Matriarch’s Mantle Back Trophy.

*Please Note that after watching any eligible streamer for 3 hours, you must claim the corresponding reward prior to gaining progress towards the next reward.

SUPPORT A STREAMER​

From June 5, 4 p.m. PDT–July 2, 11:59 p.m. PDT, you can also show your support for eligible Diablo IV creators by gifting their channel 2 Twitch subscriptions of any tier. Doing so will earn you the rugged Primal Instinct Mount as a reward.

After also trying necro and rogue, all I have to say is druid slaps.

Same. The Druid Storm Build is really, really good.

I tried making Thor

rKjoFFf.jpg

Last edited:

Neolombax

Just got the game last night, played for about 3 hours, and now its all I can think of. I'm really taking my time this time around compared to the Beta. Mained Necro again, started on WT2 and its definitely harder than the Beta. Quite like the challenge, so I think I'm sticking to this for now.

MastAndo

Not sure how to check my time played, but this game has consumed me since night 1 of the early access. I can't recall the last time I've put this many hours into a new game. It definitely passes the test of knowing you have something special on your hands - do you think about playing it when you're not? Oh, most definitely.

About to finish the campaign on a level 45 WW Barb after ditching a level 26 Druid and no regrets. I've stuck to WT1 and have felt like I'm playing on God Mode for the last few hours. I've gotten some pretty great legendary drops aspect-wise and it's been just effortless decimation of everything...I figure the endgame will be a struggle so I'll enjoy the power trip while I can. But yeah, it's been so much fun so far - graphics, audio, presentation, gameplay, even story, it's checking all the boxes for me. I'm hoping the endgame grabs me as much as playing through the campaign has.

So…. Ended up being pretty disappointed with this game. I can’t really find any kind of build that I enjoy playing. Nothing is really clicking, kinda bored with it. Probably the worst thing though, is that it’s been running like dogshit on PS5. Constant stuttering and rubberbanding. Quite annoying to play tbh. I might actually bounce of this game… lol. Idk.

Wonder why, I haven't had issues on the SX.

Is it when there's a lot going on?

ssringo

What build did you go with for dr00d?
Wolves, creeper, landslide. Got some +companion and poison damage gear and recently picked up a couple nice landslide legendaries. Creeper does insane AoE, wolves can take a huge chunk of elite health and both have somewhat short cooldowns that with good luck on procs from druid boons can be available again much sooner/instantly. Building resource for a few landslides fits nicely between pets tearing stuff up.

Edit: I like being a melee caster with pets.

Last edited:
Wolves, creeper, landslide. Got some +companion and poison damage gear and recently picked up a couple nice landslide legendaries. Creeper does insane AoE, wolves can take a huge chunk of elite health and both have somewhat short cooldowns that with good luck on procs from druid boons can be available again much sooner/instantly. Building resource for a few landslides fits nicely between pets tearing stuff up.

Edit: I like being a melee caster with pets.
How hard did you on poison? Creeper is mostly posion dmg yes? And what difficulty did u play on and how fast was it too kill elites ?

MikeM

What kind of internet are you running? Wired or wifi?
After also trying necro and rogue, all I have to say is druid slaps.
What build are you running?
Wonder why, I haven't had issues on the SX.

Is it when there's a lot going on?
Might be his internet of the server. My PS5 gameplay has been rock solid thus far.

ssringo

How hard did you on poison? Creeper is mostly posion dmg yes? And what difficulty did u play on and how fast was it too kill elites ?
Well, this is an alt so I had all the boosts from lilith statues and renown that skews my damage output higher than a brand new character.

I think I had +10-15% poison which doesn't sound huge but it's boosting creeper's passive aoe that's in the hundreds and active aoe that's around 1600 at level 34(?). I also have bounced between +1 to +3 companion skills that are also maxed. The active ability binds everything in a decent circle and does a poison dot and there's a talent that boosts critical strike against enemies bound by the creeper by 20% which synergizes well with the boon that reduces pet cooldown with lucky hit; especially with bigger pulls. Elites/bosses die fairly quickly but I'm not melting them. I use storm strike to make tougher enemies vulnerable and smack them with landslides and wolves.

I started at t2 and had no problem clearing anything but decided to drop down to t1 to fight the world boss a few hours ago and didn't bother putting it back up. I couldn't quite completely facetank a t1 Butcher but I was never close to dying. Probably could've killed him in t2 with a little kiting.

Last edited:

GenericUser

Finished work! Time for some d4 grinding!
Sitting at work, thinking about playing Diablo 4.

Should I buy this now or wait till it's on sale? The beta was okay but it never blew my mind.
Definitely wait for a sale. If you buy this game now, you are basically responsible for the downfall of the whole industry.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Not a pvp fan, but do you get more xp in that zone, or is it just for the extra challenge?
There's really high mob density in there and frequently recurring events as well as special chests. Very enticing.

You can totally just farm there peacefully but be prepared to defend yourself if someone flags hostile and comes for you.

GymWolf

Lol, level 20 and the skill that improve the dogde in various way are the more useful for now.

Right now i have one that shorten the cooldown the more you attack, you can almost play like an action game this way.

On the negative side, tonight there was a lot of lag and rubber banding and the character just freezing on ps5, they must solve this shit asap, the game has no discount anywhere so everyone paid full price for it, it should be fucking pristine.

Last edited:

Codeblew

In a party with Antwix Antwix and 2 other gaffers farming the PvP zone for EXP, minding our own business, when some dumbass sorc comes and tries to gank us. We fucked her up real good.
Hell ya. How is the EXP in the PVP zone? I went there briefly just to get the statue.

Also, thanks for the carry into T4. Those ancient nightmares were fun and annoying at the same time. Been trying to level up in T4 to be able to do the nightmares more efficiently. Hard to go back to T3 since they don't drop ancients and seems like a waste of time now.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I played the beta until level 20 with a barb. This I'm playing with a necromancer because it was my favourite class in Diablo 2 (followed by the barb).

Game seems... easier? Necromancer with bone splinters, bone spear, corpse explosion and
upgraded minions (5 skeleton skirmishers and 3 ice mages, not even a Golem yet) and I'm destroying everything without a sweat. Playing on veteran now, of course, but if I could I would switch one difficulty level higher.

Apart from that, I find the game super enjoyable.

Is the necromancer OP compared to the barb, or did they make the game easier compared to the beta?
Do the dungeons where you get aspects, the game turn harder inside them and there are a lot of them to do.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Hell ya. How is the EXP in the PVP zone? I went there briefly just to get the statue.
Pretty tasty! And the feeling of imminent doom and/or righteous retribution make it very exhilarating haha. You should come with us next time. In a party of 4, it's almost impossible to get ganked.

Also, thanks for the carry into T4.
You're welcome!

Those ancient nightmares were fun and annoying at the same time. Been trying to level up in T4 to be able to do the nightmares more efficiently. Hard to go back to T3 since they don't drop ancients and seems like a waste of time now.
True, the gear is quite nice *chef's kiss*

GHG

What kind of internet are you running? Wired or wifi?

What build are you running?

Might be his internet of the server. My PS5 gameplay has been rock solid thus far.

Really early on so far but just storm strike and lightening storm.

The aim is to get each class to level 10 and then decide which one I'm sticking with for my first run based on how much I'm enjoying it.

Top Bottom