• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

Boneless

I've run into it a few times, it's not bad, but the times I've been in it's been pretty empty. Had one or two run ins but other than that it's just another option to do somethings. I usually run in to do boss for whisper of trees and get out.

Agree, I love it but it feels slightly too empty. Also wouldn't want to overdo it and make it too crowded though,

The PVP is a load of fun though, I have many many ears collected already.

GenericUser

Agree, I love it but it feels slightly too empty. Also wouldn't want to overdo it and make it too crowded though,

The PVP is a load of fun though, I have many many ears collected already.
How does PvP work? Does it unlock after a certain point in the campaign or how do I access it?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
There was a consistent amount of lag/rubber banding on PS5 yesterday, even after a reboot. It turned a good time into a crappy experience. You’ll be fighting a large mob and the screen will freeze, next thing you’ll see are random placed or dead creatures on the map, your character is on the opposite side of the room, and you didn’t see the last couple attack animations.

GenericUser

There was a consistent amount of lag/rubber banding on PS5 yesterday, even after a reboot. It turned a good time into a crappy experience. You’ll be fighting a large mob and the screen will freeze, next thing you’ll see are random placed or dead creatures on the map, your character is on the opposite side of the room, and you didn’t see the last couple attack animations.
It was the same on xbox yesterday when I played. Lasted like 30 minutes or so, then it went back to normal. Guess the servers are really stressed at the moment, but that was to be expected.

Ogbert

The game is exceptionally well made and will make Blizzard billions.

That said, I’m finding it to be a strangely soulless experience. I’m likely expecting too much; they delivered a very solid foundation. But the game isn’t especially fun. The grind, and the game’s absolute desperation for you to join that grind, is overwhelming. The combat is polished but rather dull (although I fully expect end game builds and seasons to answer this).

I think I will finish up the campaign and then give it a few months to cook, and then take another look.

Perhaps I’m too used to the arcadey fun of D3, so this return to form is jarring.

Last edited:

Schmendrick

the game went live for everyone yesterday and it reeeeally shows in the server loads.
I had zero rubberbanding or similar up until then ..and since then I get stuck every time I´m trying to travel between areas waiting for the next one to get loaded in or getting rubberbanded out of it.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Yeah same, my lag was really noticeable in my resource pool filling back up, or fighting big crowds. Was not fun. On xbox this morning, uk region

Draugoth

Gold Member
The Twitch Primal Mount has Regional Prices if you want to acquire it.

It was only $3 and considerably cheaper than anything they sell at the store.

SUPPORT A STREAMER​

From June 5, 4 p.m. PDT–July 2, 11:59 p.m. PDT, you can also show your support for eligible Diablo IV creators by gifting their channel 2 Twitch subscriptions of any tier. Doing so will earn you the rugged Primal Instinct Mount as a reward.

Last edited:

Kacho

The Twitch Primal Mount has Regional Prices if you want to acquire it.

It was only $3 and considerably cheaper than anything they sell at the store.
Jake Gyllenhaal No GIF

That said, I’m finding it to be a strangely soulless experience. I’m likely expecting too much; they delivered a very solid foundation. But the game isn’t especially fun. The grind, and the game’s absolute desperation for you to join that grind, is overwhelming. The combat is polished but rather dull (although I fully expect end game builds and seasons to answer this).

I think I will finish up the campaign and then give it a few months to cook, and then take another look.

Perhaps I’m too used to the arcadey fun of D3, so this return to form is jarring.
I feel the same. I loved d3 and I'm just not feeling this. Have played each class to 20 and just cant find anything that feels "fun." Getting the itch to move on...

GenericUser

There are certain zones in the world that are PVP zones. You are enticed to go there because there's lots of mobs to farm, but anyone can gank you at any time. Don't need anything special. All you have to do is walk there.
I have to check that when I come home from work totay. Sounds like fun and I can put my rogue to the test. Thanks for letting me know.

Draugoth

Gold Member
I want it! How did you come across this? I went to twitch and dont see it.

Go to a content creator and see if they are offering drops! for the game:

Then you need to subscribe for 2 months/gift two months and you will receive a code to redeem the mount in the blizzard store at your inbox.

Last edited:
Kor Dragan is so fucking cool, major Blood Omen: Legacy Of Kain vibes 👌... But fuck the boss lol, need to come back once I've increased potion stock I think, this bastard and his immortal minions can wait.

Finally finished Act 1 at level 38, I'm enjoying every square meter of this world Blizzard has created. Uncovering the last bits of the Fractured Peaks map before moving to the next region, looking forward to the change in scenery!

And yes, server lag is a major problem that ruins what is otherwise a fantastic, marquee title. Either get your shit together Blizzard or give us the offline single player that should have been in from the start.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Kor Dragan is so fucking cool, major Blood Omen: Legacy Of Kain vibes 👌... But fuck the boss lol, need to come back once I've increased potion stock I think, this bastard and his immortal minions can wait.

Finally finished Act 1 at level 38, I'm enjoying every square meter of this world Blizzard has created. Uncovering the last bits of the Fractured Peaks map before moving to the next region, looking forward to the change in scenery!

And yes, server lag is a major problem that ruins what is otherwise a fantastic, marquee title. Either get your shit together Blizzard or give us the offline single player that should have been in from the start.

I've tried Kor Dragan about five times now and that boss fight is just ridiculous. Same with Cyrhrach The First Born Ancient in the Call of the Ancients quests (Bear Tribe questline).

Funny thing is I was close to complaining that the boss fights were repetitive and too easy. lol.....

Youre Wrong Gordon Ramsay GIF by Hell's Kitchen

I've tried Kor Dragan about five times now and that boss fight is just ridiculous. Same with Cyrhrach The First Born Ancient in the Call of the Ancients quests (Bear Tribe questline).

Funny thing is I was close to complaining that the boss fights were repetitive and too easy. lol.....

Yea, I refuse to drop the difficulty lol, world Tier 2 til the very end! Anyone thinking they will just walk into a fight like that spamming their attacks is in for a rude awakening. Tactical use of dodge, potion management, kiting, smart use of ultimate skills etc are all necessary.

Topher

Gold Member
Yea, I refuse to drop the difficulty lol, world Tier 2 til the very end! Anyone thinking they will just walk into a fight like that spamming their attacks is in for a rude awakening. Tactical use of dodge, potion management, kiting, smart use of ultimate skills etc are all necessary.

Yep. I've been spamming Hydras with my Sorcerer while staying out of melee range of the boss and waiting on cooldown. That strategy doesn't quite do the trick in places like Kor Dragan. Gotta rethink it a bit.

Last edited:

Ogbert

I feel the same. I loved d3 and I'm just not feeling this. Have played each class to 20 and just cant find anything that feels "fun." Getting the itch to move on...
I can still objectively see that they have done an amazing job. If I were twenty years younger and had the time; I could sinks months into it.

But it is pure undistilled grind. And I’m too old for that these days.

And yes, loved D3 too. Pretty much the best arcade game on the market!

Yep. I've been spamming Hydras with my Sorcerer while staying out of melee range of the boss and waiting on cooldown. That strategy doesn't quite do the trick in places like Kor Dragan. Gotta rethink it a bit.
I've got 9 hydras active most of the time and fully leveled, Inferno which also lets loose a meteor shower due to a legendary affix, Blizzard which slows, damages and aids in my mana management with passive perks, Incinerate at max level, fire bolts doing crazy damage due legendary affix, Ice Armor for defense. Got him down to 20% health on my 3rd attempt, all out of potions, got ganked by him and his bitches lol.

Mephisto40

Good luck on the last act of the game

harrison-ford-youre-gonna-need-it.gif

nemiroff

Gold Member

Yeah.. I'm so happy I started the game on Tier 2 and kept it going. For me that's the perfect difficulty level (so far) and force me to use a bit of strategy.

clarky

Gold Member

Yeah I can get to the last phase on the Kor Dragan boss but get creamed every time. Will try again tonight.

clarky

Gold Member
Yeah.. I'm so happy I started the game on Tier 2 and kept it going. For me that's the perfect difficulty level (so far) and force me to use a bit of strategy.
I got to about level 35 and about Act 3 before i dropped it to Tier 1. The world and dungeons are fine its just the bosses became a huge difficulty spike. No regrets.

DryvBy

The biggest issue I'm having with this game is scaling. It makes going through easier areas just a chore and a headache.

A friend is telling me gear score doesn't matter after I prsented him a legendary with better stats but a lower gear score by 100. Is that true? I felt it was like Destiny or D3 where you just keep pumping up a number until end game.

The biggest issue I'm having with this game is scaling. It makes going through easier areas just a chore and a headache.

A friend is telling me gear score doesn't matter after I prsented him a legendary with better stats but a lower gear score by 100. Is that true? I felt it was like Destiny or D3 where you just keep pumping up a number until end game.
Yes and no, item level score gives you an idea and you need to up it to access harder content but sometimes a lower level item has the perfect stats on it for your build so the switch isn't worth it

Kacho

I had the same question about gear score during the beta. I found an item for my Sorc with better gearscore but worse stats for my build and equipping it made a world of difference. So I want to say yes, gearscore matters to some extent.

GymWolf

I had the same question about gear score during the beta. I found an item for my Sorc with better gearscore but worse stats for my build and equipping it made a world of difference. So I want to say yes, gearscore matters to some extent.
Fuck me, how is one dude supposed to do rpg math when you have abstract things that also count for the build?

Last edited:

Maestr0

Honestly, it seems it is been a long time since Blizzard released a game with no problem, now let's just hope they won't destroy the game with stupid update

Mikado

Gold Member
So at first I didn't really get this game compared to other ARPGS.

It really is about the affixes - they seem to have a bigger impact on defining your build than even your skill tree points.
After slogging through the campaign in WT2, dying like 12 times at the capstone boss, constantly out of energy, I thought maybe this slow-ass game wasn't for me.

Then I got to WT3, got my affixes sorted out; now I zoom around the screen like I'm playing PoE - Rapid Fire richochet, + movespeed on kill, + movespeed on elite kill, + basic attack speed, build Dark Shroud when crittin, build Dark Shroud when not moving... Aspect Dungeon bosses are trivial now - they usually die before manifesting any of their mechanics - usually 2-3 volleys of Poison-Imbued Rapid Fire... it's like a totally different game from the one I was playing in the Campaign.

All of this is from gear, not from the skilltree. I actually think it's kind of a neat system having your build defined by gear - it's a lot less static. As I go along and drop pieces out for new ones I can't always get the affixes I want so my build morphs over time so it's always a little different but usually not a huge switch all at once.

Is this true?

Like druid is officially the worst class ever or it's just this dude being salty?
Druids is a slog to level up compared to other classes. I've went 1-45 with a barb with a fraction of the time it took me to get my druid to 48

But they're beasts endgame but I just couldn't keep doing this shit.

Last edited:

amigastar

I never really liked the Barbarian in Diablo 2 but i think my next character in Diablo 4 will be Barbarian as he looks much better.

Kacho

I could start a new chara but i don't wanna get burned out.
I wouldn’t. I’d finish the campaign and unlock all the dungeon aspects for the next class you want to level before rolling one. There is zero chance I ever slog through this campaign ever again.

Keinu

I could start a new chara but i don't wanna get burned out.
My druid is 53 atm and I just unlocked WT3. They are slower to level than some other classes, but my pulverize druid felt immortal at the end of campaign. As long as you’re not in a hurry, stick with it (or join some groups) 😊

I respecfully disagree with the fun remark. I loved d2 and d3 (for different reasons) and had a blast last night playing for the first time. I was having legit fun. Even my fiance could see it (she wasn't thrilled, as it meant me spending time on the game and not hanging with her, I'll have to balance that out).

Even the intro cinematics drew me in, like i haven't seen in a long long time. I felt emotion from it.
The gameplay was tight and fun. I stayed up til 3am and i had to get up at 7 for work. I haven't done that in years. I couldn't put it down. I played a Barbarian, and can't wait to try new classes.

The character creator takes too long for though (personal problem) So far I am only a handful of levels in but am having so much fun. I am thinking about the game outside of playing which is an excelent sign.

My only concern is the ingame store. How is that going to morph over time. Will they give shit armor and weapons and only give good stuff in the pay for shop? We paid $70 for this , it should have everything unlocked. I hated that POE had ugly gear, but at least that was effects for gear and not the actual gear itself. This seems to be gear with stats. I don't trust Blizzard on this. Remember their "real money auction house" fiasco? Also hate that there is no offline game option. What happens when they pull the servers? Will we be out of $70. I can still play d1/d2 solo over 2 decades later.

Last edited:
Top Bottom