• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 GAF Meetup Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddyC

The Pre-E3 GAF Meet (as organized by Folder and sponsored by Nintendo)

When: Monday, May 16th, 8:30 PM to late (the bar closes at midnight), so be sure to stop by after More Friends and the MS Press Conference/Party.

Where: The Cabo Cantina located on Sunset Strip, just up from The Standard and across the street from The Body Shop.

Remember: The drinks are free because Folder and Nintendo love you. And it's a bar, so if your ID doesn't show you as 21, at best, it might not matter, at worst, you might not get in.

Current RSVPs:
Folder
Mrs Folder
KyotoMecca
Boutrosinit
Dragon
Dsal
Trakball
Seth C
AgentDormer
kIdMuScLe
Meier
BuddyC
sp0rsk
FugiMax
DavidDayton
Teddman
Espio
bobbyconover
GDJustin
Prince of Space
Johnny Nighttrain
BreakyBoy

Questions: gafmeet2005@gmail.com

The Traditional E3 Meet

When: Wednesday, May 18th, 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM or so.

Where: Near the Media Hospitality Room (RM 515) on the 2nd floor of West Hall. Just take the escalators outside the main West Hall entrance and make a right. Here's a picture, complete with a red X to mark the spot where we'll be.

gafe3.jpg

Questions: chris@gaming-age.com

Fowler

As much as I like to bring the anti-Spongness, Folder deserves some major MAJOR props for pulling this off.

And if anyone wants to share a cab after the MS presser/party... :)

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Are people going to be wearing their MAF shirts at the show? I most likely won't be at the meetup (since no one knows me anyway) but it might make it easier to pick certain people out...

Dilbert

It's looking like I'll be in town next week, and I'm vaguely tempted to try to attend one of these meetups. Since I won't be going to E3 itself, will there be any late-night-at-a-bar get-togethers other than Monday night?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
-jinx- said:
It's looking like I'll be in town next week, and I'm vaguely tempted to try to attend one of these meetups. Since I won't be going to E3 itself, will there be any late-night-at-a-bar get-togethers other than Monday night?

Definitely. Myself, Wasabi, and JasonA are definitely looking to get a night out on the town. Maybe Bish'll come too.

Holy shit, Kiriku is making the trip!? STOP THE PRESSES. My Svvedish brother from another mother in LA!

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
Wellington said:
Definitely. Myself, Wasabi, and JasonA are definitely looking to get a night out on the town. Maybe Bish'll come too.

Holy shit, Kiriku is making the trip!? STOP THE PRESSES. My Svvedish brother from another mother in LA!
Bish better had given he's in the Standard just down the road!

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Wellington said:

Damn right, brother! :D
I'll be at E3 (unless something goes terribly wrong), though I still can't believe it myself just yet. :)

Seth C

Fowler said:
As much as I like to bring the anti-Spongness, Folder deserves some major MAJOR props for pulling this off.

And if anyone wants to share a cab after the MS presser/party... :)

Get me in the MS press conference and I'll pay for the cab ride. :)

Hey BuddyC, it probably goes without saying to most people, but you might want to mention that the Monday gathering is 21+. Also, could we get a running list of RSVPs going? I'd love to be able to check back here and see (easily) who's on the list.

As for me, I'm definitely going to the Monday meet and possibly going to the Wednesday meet... depending on how the Monday meet goes. :D

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
fugimax said:
Because booze tastes different when served to you by Mario?

I say bring on the drinks...lots of 'em.

oh, i forgot the ";)" did i?

seriously, i wont be out there on monday. maybe i'll try to swing by the gaf meet up on wed though

Meier

Everyone who posts at GAF and will be at E3 should go to the Wednesday meet-up. It was a lot of fun last year and really, I think people can manage to set aside an hour or so of their time when they're likely eating lunch anyway. Trust me, you're not too cool to come if you post here AND are at E3.

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
Goin to the Wednesday good times for sure.

Wish I could make it to the Monday Drinky time but oh well. I am always down for the drinking if there's any other GAF get togethers on the other nights.

BuddyC

bobbyconover said:
Hey BuddyC, it probably goes without saying to most people, but you might want to mention that the Monday gathering is 21+. Also, could we get a running list of RSVPs going? I'd love to be able to check back here and see (easily) who's on the list.

As for me, I'm definitely going to the Monday meet and possibly going to the Wednesday meet... depending on how the Monday meet goes. :D
Done.

There's bound to be other meetups throughout the week, Monday and Wednesday are perfect for swapping contact info.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Wellington said:
Oh sure, don't invite me or anything.

I will be at the Traditional Meetup for sure. I might go to the party one, though I will not stay until "late" becuase of Nintendo in the morning.

Argyle

My gf and I may make an appearance at the pre-E3 thing...we'll see if we feel up to it after the FF thing...

Marty: Go ahead and admit it - you'll be standing in line all day Wednesday. :)

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I'm not 100 % sure, but if I CAN I'll go on the monday GAF meet as well. By the way, is it OK to bring a friend?

kIdMuScLe

yeah i've asked if i could bring a friend or two to the meet before but nobody has said yes or no. also is there parking around? and the drinks are free correct or should i take some money to be on the safe side?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Link said:
Oh sure, don't invite me or anything.

Cmon, you know I am going to drag you everywhere this year. :0

Speaking of which, did you guys firm up plans for a baseball game? The Dodgers are playing the Angels on Friday and that would be an awesome game to attend (if it isn't sold out).

BuddyC

Kiriku said:
I'm not 100 % sure, but if I CAN I'll go on the monday GAF meet as well. By the way, is it OK to bring a friend?
kIdMuScLe said:
yeah i've asked if i could bring a friend or two to the meet before but nobody has said yes or no. also is there parking around? and the drinks are free correct or should i take some money to be on the safe side?
Feel free to bring friends to both meets, but use discretion if you're planning to supply free drinks for your pals. Yes, the drinks are free. As for parking, I don't know for sure, but there's got to be some spaces relatively nearby.

IgeL

Since I'm arriving late Monday, I won't make the bar... and I just sent an email to someone asking for a Wed 12:00 meet! Just my luck...

In any case, I'll do my best to attend the traditional meeting... would love to meet you all. :D

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I wont be coming in till Tuesday morning.
Not that... anyone... cares anyway....... :)

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
M3wThr33 said:
That wednesday meet might be iffy. SomethingAwful/Mega64 has their meet at the Ubisoft booth at the same time.

ill be showing up to the gaf one. I'd like to go to the sa one but id probably only talk to the adtrw\WoW goons. I still want my free mega64 dvd

Lil' Dice

Banned
BuddyC said:
Feel free to bring friends to both meets, but use discretion if you're planning to supply free drinks for your pals. Yes, the drinks are free. As for parking, I don't know for sure, but there's got to be some spaces relatively nearby.

There's no such thing as free parking on Sunset.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
kIdMuScLe said:
also i want to know if there is any rules or guidelines that we are supposed to follow or anything goes? thanks

no punching below the belt, no gouging, biting, elbows or head butts. lets keep this a good clean meetup.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
what a great year to be skipping E3! you guys had better do this again next year, you know, the boring one with no console launches...

El Papa

I'm down for the Monday meetup in Hollywood. I'll more than likely hit the Wednesday mettup as well.

The Dodger game would be super fly. The Wednesday game is against the Marlins @ noon, the Friday game is the Angels at 7:40PM. I don't think anyone want's to go to the Wednesday game during E3 right? So I say we take Wellington's suggestion. Just so you guys know, the Freeway series games versus the Angels are gonna be pretty full, but it's rockin'. Who's going to the game for sure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom