• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 GAF Meetup Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Thing like E3 makes me wish I was single. I'd fly across to LA every year without a second thought

man, why cant they have these stupid E3 things on the East coast in NY sometimes.

damn LA!

i want some free drinks paid by Nintendo!
the whole concept of it is funny as hell.

getting drunk because of Nintendo. gotta love it.

Gazunta

Agent Icebeezy said:
Thing like E3 makes me wish I was single. I'd fly across to LA every year without a second thought

I'm married and I'm at E3... No excuses!!! :)

Guys, won't be able to make it tonight. Have an Australian beer for me, OK?

PS - American beer really, really sucks. What the fuck is wrong with you people?

Priz

Just thought I'd throw this out there - Lunch on the first day (at least for Press folks) ISN'T at noon... (at least, this has been the case the last few E3's)

Does anyone remember what time it takes place on the first day? If that's what you guys were aiming for...

I'll be attending the SA goon meeting at noon at UBI Soft. When that's done, then I'll head over to the GAF meeting. Hopefully I'll get to meet _THE_ Bobby Conover still.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Hey Chris, PM me when you get in so I can give you my cell and hook up with you at the Ninty press conference.

El Papa

Chris, you are THE man homes. Major props to you. Johnny! you are a crazy son of a bitch for that stunt you pulled! :lol :lol

BuddyC

Willco said:
Hey Chris, PM me when you get in so I can give you my cell and hook up with you at the Ninty press conference.
Done and done, kind sir. Here's looking forward to a hell of a week.

3phemeral

FF concert was awesome -- sorry I missed out on the drinking, though. I don't drink anyway, but would have been nice to meet up with you guys. I did bump into fugimax, though :)

I'll be at E3 on thursday/friday -- so I won't be able to make it on wednesday. Bah.

thanks again buddyc! i am not sure exactly what happened with the drinks, but thanks buddyc for keeping everything running smoothly.

i forgot who i met, other than buddyc, but if i met you hey. make sure you post the pics here too...i dont have an oa account.

thanks again, have fun at the conferences/e3 tommorrow.

Teddman

EDIT: Ouch, looks like a certain url is filtered out, but that's where the pics are hosted. Well, you know what to do...

Index of pictures: http://www.*************/eee/GA_Meetup/

OH WHATTA NIGHT!

So the wild GA forum meet-up/party went down tonight at the Cabo Cantina on the Sunset Strip... Without further ado:

GA_meetup1.jpg

Johnny Nigttrain, Meier, SethC, Myself, and BuddyC enjoying a taste of Old Mehico...

GA_meetup2.jpg

Mike, GDJustin, myself, Jarrod (not that Jarrod, the other Jarrod) and two other GA'er's getting down.

GA_meetup3.jpg

Same dealy, GA's El Papa on the left.

GA_meetup4.jpg

GA_meetup5.jpg

Nighttrain getting his buzz on and getting loose with the inside Nintendo info.

GA_meetup6.jpg

El Papa, BuddyC, and Nighttrain kick it up & move on to shots.

GA_meetup7.jpg

SethC, El Papa, Ms. Folder(?), and myself.

GA_meetup8.jpg

Somebody pulled out an Xbox 360 Faceplate!

GA_meetup9.jpg

Luv dat Xbox 360 Faceplate!

GA_meetup13.jpg

Nighttrain getting jiggy wit the faceplate. Somebody cut him off!

GA_meetup10.jpg

Just when things couldn't get any drunker, KobunHeat and StrikerObi show up fresh from the Final Fantasy Concert.

GA_meetup11.jpg

Kobun makes up for lost time and chug-a-lugs that cerveza. Boyh can drink!

GA_meetup12.jpg

With Nighttrain leading the charge, the drinking reaches legendary heights.

GA_meetup14.jpg

After last call finally comes around, the GA/OA Class of 2005 assembles outside of Cabo Cantina.

GA_meetup15.jpg

Time to call a cab...

BuddyC

Rehosted, thanks to Teddman for the pics/captions.

GA_meetup1.jpg

Johnny Nigttrain, Meier, SethC, Myself, and BuddyC enjoying a taste of Old Mehico...

GA_meetup2.jpg

Mike, GDJustin, myself, Jarrod (not that Jarrod, the other Jarrod) and two other GA'er's getting down.

GA_meetup3.jpg

Same dealy, GA's El Papa on the left.

GA_meetup4.jpg

GA_meetup5.jpg

Nighttrain getting his buzz on and getting loose with the inside Nintendo info.

GA_meetup6.jpg

El Papa, BuddyC, and Nighttrain kick it up & move on to shots.

GA_meetup7.jpg

SethC, El Papa, Ms. Folder(?), and myself.

GA_meetup8.jpg

Somebody pulled out an Xbox 360 Faceplate!

GA_meetup9.jpg

Luv dat Xbox 360 Faceplate!

GA_meetup13.jpg

Nighttrain getting jiggy wit the faceplate. Somebody cut him off!

GA_meetup10.jpg

Just when things couldn't get any drunker, KobunHeat and StrikerObi show up fresh from the Final Fantasy Concert.

GA_meetup11.jpg

Kobun makes up for lost time and chug-a-lugs that cerveza. Boyh can drink!

GA_meetup12.jpg

With Nighttrain leading the charge, the drinking reaches legendary heights.

GA_meetup14.jpg

After last call finally comes around, the GA/OA Class of 2005 assembles outside of Cabo Cantina.

GA_meetup15.jpg

Time to call a cab...

http://www.zombieculture.com/img/GAFE3/ for videos...

Hold the phone, there was a Final Fantasy concert? What in the HELL is a Final Fantasy concert?

I thought the FF was for the Foo Fighters or something cool like that.

The Internet

El Papa

Hey, that asian chick was with me, Teddman! Her name is Van. You probably don't remember :p

BTW, Buddy, I owe you some cash man, hit me up at the GAF Wednesday meetup.

Oh yeah, and thank for the Modojo schwagg, GDJustin! I had a good time last night, great to see everyone there!

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Ah crap, I was supposed to show up. I went to Sony and MS conferences, and was really tired last night. I'll be sure to show up tomorrow though, hope ya'll be there as well.

EDIT: Be sure to show up Bobby, so I can deliver da goods!!

Diablos

Haha, right next to Nyko and Mad Catz.

Perhaps some of you can get hammered and tell those guys that you'll never forgive them for all of their unreliable shit they sold for the PSX. :D

Mike

Hey all,

Had a good time meeting everyone. Props especially to Chris F for organizing!

GDJustin, Chris, Bobby, Jeff, Teddman, and everyone I forgot, see you at the show. :)

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
Haha, not only did he set them up at a bar way out of the way, but the place closed at 12 AM too. Top that off with him not being in the hotel/motel he said he would be in, and you've got yourself a real piece of shit.

I say it's Serefitia.

EDIT: I like in that one video where Buddy C yells "Fuck you Folder" because he's clearly piss drunk.

Lil' Dice

Banned
Badabing said:
Haha, not only did he set them up at a bar way out of the way, but the place closed at 12 AM too. Top that off with him not being in the hotel/motel he said he would be in, and you've got yourself a real piece of shit.

I say it's Serefitia.

EDIT: I like in that one video where Buddy C yells "Fuck you Folder" because he's clearly piss drunk.

Yeah, anyone cheap enough to pull a stunt like this does not stay at hotels like The Standard.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
fuck, Im getting on a damn plane next year and going to L.A.

Someone get me a press pass, I will cover all that wierd shit in that one hall that no one ever goes in, I dont care :(

M3wThr33

Banned
No green hat today. Plaid collared shirt and blue/yellow backpack. Christopher Glass with the 10th Anniversary leather badge holder.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm sorely disappointed in the group picture :(

Someone should have been passed out on the floor up front!

Teddman

ga_lunch_2k5_8.jpg

OMG, too many people to name!

ga_lunch_2k5_1.jpg

F0o, myself, Wellington, and Meier (plus another fellow whose name escapes me)

ga_lunch_2k5_5.jpg

Meier, Wellington, (don't know who), myself, BuddyC, Link, and ???

ga_lunch_2k5_7.jpg

Espio, plus many aforementioned folks

ga_lunch_2k5_10.jpg

Marty Chinn in the house, KobunHeat in the background

ga_lunch_2k5_2.jpg

Fowler, Wellington, Me

ga_lunch_2k5_6.jpg

And who could forget Efralope?

ga_lunch_2k5_4.jpg

Special guest appearence by Bishoptl at the THQ booth

Sorry if I forgot your name; it's been a long, long day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom