• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 GAF Meetup Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Why was Monday night the chosen night, anyway?

I fly down Tuesday night -- I teach my class, then I hop on the plane.

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
FINALFANTASYDOG said:
I'm just showing up to ask the Dormer where the bloody did he disappear to and then running away.

You're not going to the Square concert, are you? Hit me up on AIM - Mayor Dormer.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
There might be something in the mix for Thursday... not sponsored or anything but I'll definitely buy a round or two. We'll see how things shape up.

And yeah, why Monday? People that don't live in the area already or that don't work for the media wouldn't have a chance at being there.

Teddman

It's probably Monday because it's the only night of the week without any conflicting E3 parties, and the night Nintendo sponsorship was available. :)

3phemeral

Monday is the FF concert, so I won't be able to attend -- I'll be having dinner with friends afterwards.

Wednesday I might be able to go to E3, and all signs point to very likely. Although, my tag will say "Marisa" ah haha. I have tons of work to finish for school before I allow myself this opportunity :)

Link

The Autumn Wind
Teddman said:
It's probably Monday because it's the only night of the week without any conflicting E3 parties, and the night Nintendo sponsorship was available. :)
Wait, this is actually being sponsored by Nintendo? I thought that was just a joke. How was that pulled off?

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
Link said:
Wait, this is actually being sponsored by Nintendo? I thought that was just a joke. How was that pulled off?
Yep! :D
It was pulled off becuase I am rad, as are my friends at Nintendo, obv.
Okay - Everyone get there for 9.00 - rest of evening. Sorry, I know 9.00 is a bit late but this is LA where that kind of thing doesn't matter.

alright, i'll definitely be there, but im not sure if it's wise to do any drinking. it'll be hard with Nintendo picking up the tab.

last time they picked up the tab for me, i had like 5 long island ice teas in the span of an hour.

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
Johnny Nighttrain said:
alright, i'll definitely be there, but im not sure if it's wise to do any drinking. it'll be hard with Nintendo picking up the tab.

last time they picked up the tab for me, i had like 5 long island ice teas in the span of an hour.
:mad: You will drink. We'll all drink. A lot of lager. Then tequilla.
IT'S THE LAW

Edit: LIIT? Wasn't in Seattle last year by any chance was it?

no. was in los angeles for the DS launch. anyways, if they're gonna hook it up with drinks, i'd imagine they'll do appetizers too like they did last time.

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
This time it's a credit card behind the bar so you can drink what you want within reason I guess. Funny. I was at the pre US launch event for DS in Seattle. Long Island ice tea became the poison of choice, as instigated by the somewhat drunken British contingent. I wonder if we started a trend? :p

who knows.

but if we're planning to start any trends this time around, it's gonna be all about mozzarella cheese sticks.

and getting drunk on Nintendo's dime. god, i love doing that. there's nothing like being able to say "man, ok who needs a booster shot? don't worry about it, Nintendo has us covered", or "thanks to Nintendo, im fuckin wasted".

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
Johnny Nighttrain said:
who knows.

but if we're planning to start any trends this time around, it's gonna be all about mozzarella cheese sticks.

and getting drunk on Nintendo's dime. god, i love doing that. there's nothing like being able to say "man, ok who needs a booster shot? don't worry about it, Nintendo has us covered", or "thanks to Nintendo, im fuckin wasted".
And remember, we must all love and praise the Ninty rep responsible for sorting this out, as well as say his announcement are good at E3. He's watching this thread and he is a very lovely man!

*waves*

:)

Link

The Autumn Wind
Shit, now I'm even more disappointed I can't make it.

My one chance for Nintendo to get me drunk and I miss out. Oh, the stories I could have told...

El Papa

This is sweet. Monday night, party on Nintendo. Tuesday Morning, hangover at Nintendo Press Conference. Thanks Big N!

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i think i'll be there monday. i'll be getting my hair cut on melrose, so it's a short drive over.

demi

Folder said:
And remember, we must all love and praise the Ninty rep responsible for sorting this out, as well as say his announcement are good at E3. He's watching this thread and he is a very lovely man!

*waves*

:)

I LOVE PUPPIES MR. MYSTERIOUS NINTENDO MAN

Gazunta

Well I'll try and make it on Monday night...if not I'll try and make it on Wednesday :)

WHOO!

(plane leaves in a few hours)

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
Gazunta said:
Well I'll try and make it on Monday night...if not I'll try and make it on Wednesday :)

WHOO!

(plane leaves in a few hours)
Safe flight!
Get there Monday!

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
I'll be getting there Tuesday around noon. I messed up and scheduled my arrival after the press conf :( :( :(

Would be cool to meet up with some GA people :)

fugimax

So who wants to share a cab back to downtown LA after the More Friends concert? It's gonna be an expensive ride there and back. So if anyone wants to go in on a cab to/from, I'd be all for it. Post here and/or PM me and we can work out details.

I'm staying at the Ritz Milner on South Flower st. so preferrably we'd meet near there.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Bah. I just got put on a district team to test students... and it appears we have a meeting on Tuesday morning.

See you guys at the Wednesday meet, I suppose.

Argyle

If someone wants to figure out where people will gather after the FF concert before heading over to the bar, I'll see if I can find you guys :)

Quadrophenic said:
i wanna go to the bar on sunset. anyone going from downtown area want to share a cab?
i don't know where most of you guys come from, and if you're used to paying for cabs, but that shit is expensive as shit. high quality shit at that.

www.mta.net

public transportation in Los Angeles is great, and it's 24/7

i strongly recommend you guys look into it as much as possible before settling on a cab.

I have a quesiton if you guys do not mind me asking.

Do you guys pay for your passes or do you get them for free cause you work in the game industry? I plan to go to next years event but I know it is gonna cost me quite a lot of money. Well getting a job at Gamestop help get me a pass for free?

yeah i know the bus's would be a lot cheaper...but i would rather not ride on the bus home alone while drunk.

ah well, i'll try to find someone to drive me.

El Papa

I was going to take the metro rail from Downtown to Hollywood. If anyone wants to meet up there, the Downtown station is at 7th and Figueroa.

So Nintendo are
Gonna get you all DRUNKER than Homeless Drunks could ever get.
Take pics of you all doing some nasty stuff
Then blackmail you all into promoting their stuff on your sites/Forums or the photo's get leaked!!!

ThongyDonk said:
So Nintendo are
Gonna get you all DRUNKER than Homeless Drunks could ever get.
Take pics of you all doing some nasty stuff
Then blackmail you all into promoting their stuff on your sites/Forums or the photo's get leaked!!!
Won't be the first time. You think I actually LIKE the GameCube?

I'll try to be there.

"Do you guys pay for your passes or do you get them for free cause you work in the game industry? I plan to go to next years event but I know it is gonna cost me quite a lot of money. Well getting a job at Gamestop help get me a pass for free?"

Media get free passes, everyone else pays, IIRC.

You'd better be there, Kohler. I know where you're sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom