• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 GAF Meetup Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link

The Autumn Wind
olubode said:
Meh at all the people making fun of me (cept demi). To everyone else, I met, we had a blast!
Don't listen to them, dude. You're an awesome guy, and the biggest badass to ever pick up an iron!

Future Trunks said:
:lol

I'm going to E3 next year now! Unveiling of Rev., meeting GA peeps, taking item #4 off my list of "things to do before I die...."

DM! Pestul! Saddle up! We're heading West(er)!

Can someone help a guy get into E3 with a pass? You have a year to wiggle me in somehow! working for the government doesn't count, does it? :lol Help a guy get a hotel room and teach me the do's and don'ts of getting around too!
You just leave everything to me. Drop me an IM sometime.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Odnetnin said:
e3zdintelparty96tj.jpg

did chespace put on weight. Haven't picked up an EGM ingames but I remember he was a skinny dude

I guess that's what marriage and quitting smoking does for ya. :lol

Currently hangin' tough at 155-160 lbs, depending on a good meal.

BuddyC

boutrosinit said:
Cool. You guys sorted everything out yet? I've not seen him since then.
Well, I haven't heard from him since Tuesday morning and it sounds like you talked to him after that.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
BuddyC said:
Well, I haven't heard from him since Tuesday morning and it sounds like you talked to him after that.

From what Teddman told me at the Ziff party, I was sure he was going to be lynched on GAF. You guys are far too nice. ;)

BuddyC

chespace said:
From what Teddman told me at the Ziff party, I was sure he was going to be lynched on GAF. You guys are far too nice. ;)
E3 is a busy week for everyone involved, so I'm willing to give people the benefit of the doubt there. We'll see what this week brings.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I admit it, I can no longer consider myself the biggest lush on the forum. I am third behind Wasabi and Will in that order. :(

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Link said:
Don't listen to them, dude. You're an awesome guy, and the biggest badass to ever pick up an iron!

Heh....that was an interesting (and somewhat weird) moment huh? :lol

Glad to see you guys got home ok.

Whassup MOP!! When are you coming back to NYC?

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
WasabiKing said:
bahaha, sucka! Seriously, thanks for the Jager shots, and if you need a little more for that tab, HOLLA AT YO BOY.

And an awesome thanks to the 21 and over kids who decided to come out and play at The Standard and dinner. Olubode shared his wonderous knowledge about marriage, jinx shared great stories from his current place of employment, Link shared an old tryst with a Dolphins cheerleader, and Wellington was once again bitchslapped by my drinking prowess. Also, it was good to see BuddyC, and Willco and compadre stop on in and drink with all of us. Maybe next year we can make it bigger, eh?

Can't forget a big thank you to chespace for the invite to the Ziff Davis party, as I would not have run into johntv, Andrew Pfister, Teddman and compadre, and most importantly, the hot bartender on the left side of the bar. :D Oh, and finally, running into Agent Dormer and Meier!

Since E3 is no longer about the games to me, there were some great places to drink, and reasons why my wallet is a bit lighter until next payday.

Yeah, Wasabi! Great to finally meet you. Next year I'll go out drinking with you guys - 21 in November.

mashoutposse

Ante Up
olubode said:
Heh....that was an interesting (and somewhat weird) moment huh? :lol

Glad to see you guys got home ok.

Whassup MOP!! When are you coming back to NYC?

What's good, bro? :D Looks like you guys had a great time... Are you going again next year? I'm in definitely if someone could bless me with a pass. Like FT, I want to knock something else off my "Things To Do Before I Die" list :)

Future Trunks

lemme tell you something son, this guy is SO FARKING HUGE HE'LL FLEX AND DESTROY THE SUN no shit
Link said:

WOO! Hops on **shudder** AIM...

By the way, I wasn't making fun of Olubode (trust me, I'm in no position to do so...**goes and downs 50 wings in a sitting**), I just found it funny that I made it into this topic despite never having looked at it until when I posted. That, and Ninja Scooter's a funny guy. :)

Seth C

Wellington said:
I admit it, I can no longer consider myself the biggest lush on the forum. I am third behind Wasabi and Will in that order. :(

Oh come on now. Who couldn't even close out the bar with me Friday night? I drank 6 nights in a row and closed out the Golden Gopher four of those nights. You really should have been there Friday, as I ended up riding around in a taxi with two lawyers looking for some "club" in Chinatown after the Golden Gopher closed.

Wellington said:

Now, if we're going to have to break it down, it would be in the following order:

Kings of Lushes:

1. WasabiKing
2. BishopTL
3. Wellington
4. Willco

And the rest are all lumped together :D I've easily shaved 2 years off my life span after this weekend...

EDIT: Aww Seth, it's not even about how long you're there, it's about how much you've had to drink. I mean, I could EASILY sit around with one Jack and Coke all night. ;) And BTW, the first night I saw you outside of GG, I left, and then came back within an hour. Didn't really see you sitting there... :p

EDIT 2: Oh yeah, what about our waitress, Lindsey Lohan? :D

Seth C

WasabiKing said:
EDIT: Aww Seth, it's not even about how long you're there, it's about how much you've had to drink. I mean, I could EASILY sit around with one Jack and Coke all night. ;) And BTW, the first night I saw you outside of GG, I left, and then came back within an hour. Didn't really see you sitting there... :p

Haha...I was just there buying liquor for those guys that night. It was one of the two nights that I didn't drink at the bar all week. We drank in the hotel. Had to save some cash for Friday night. Oh, and trust me on this, if I'm there till closing I'm drinking heavily the whole time.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
demi said:
I LOVE YOU OLUBODE

I WANT TO HAVE YO CHILDREN
Hahaha...shaddup :D

And MOP: Hell yes, I'm going next year.

Seth C said:
Haha...I was just there buying liquor for those guys that night. It was one of the two nights that I didn't drink at the bar all week. We drank in the hotel. Had to save some cash for Friday night. Oh, and trust me on this, if I'm there till closing I'm drinking heavily the whole time.

Welcome to my world, dear friend, welcome to my world.

Meier

WasabiKing / Jay rocks for buying me a jack and coke and a Red Bull then picking up the cab fare. I wish I was able to go out with you guys on Friday, but we had to be up at 6 for our flight and it just wasnt that feasible.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
WasabiKing said:
EDIT 2: Oh yeah, what about our waitress, Lindsey Lohan? :D
She was F-I-N-E. You know a girl is good-looking when even the girl you're with says, "Damn, she was pretty!". :D

Anyways, now that I've sobered up (when you guys met up with me @ the Standard, we'd already been drinking for 3 hours :p ), I gotta say it was beyond cool to finally meet and pound drinks with Jinx, olubude and Link. Not to mention catching up with CK and Wasabi again. Willco, you SUCK. Who was that other guy there?

Nice of sp0rsk, Meier and Teddman to come by the booth as well. Dawn of War: Winter Assault, bitches! Buy 10 copies!

I'll post the pics later on. :)

BuddyC

bishoptl said:
Anyways, now that I've sobered up (when you guys met up with me @ the Standard, we'd already been drinking for 3 hours :p ), I gotta say it was beyond cool to finally meet and pound drinks with Jinx, olubude and Link. Not to mention catching up with CK and Wasabi again. Willco, you SUCK. Who was that other guy there?

Nice of sp0rsk, Meier and Teddman to come by the booth as well. Dawn of War: Winter Assault, bitches! Buy 10 copies!
:( x 2

I was there at The Standard and the booth meetup. Search the pictures (if they ever get posted), you know it to be true.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Sorry BuddyC - your Christ-like hairstyle threw me off. I thought you were Jesus! An angry Jesus ready to smite down Folder like an old-school Sodomite...

*huggles*

*no homo

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
Next year I'll have to test my skill at trying to crack the top 5 lush list. I'm gettin older now so we'll see if I still have what it takes :D.

I actually stopped by bish's booth to say hi to him but he was talkin up a storm to some media guys and I didn't want to interrupt. Then I noticed I had to meet up with some friends so I had to go. Bish, your game is lookin pretty badass by the way.

Meier

Link said:
You should have come out with us on Thursday night, Meier.

Thursday night was a staff dinner and then Star Wars since I didnt realize I had anything else to possibly do that night. Otherwise, I was planning on going on Saturday -- ahh well, what can ya do.

Was nice to finally get to meet you Bishop.

Meier said:
WasabiKing / Jay rocks for buying me a jack and coke and a Red Bull then picking up the cab fare. I wish I was able to go out with you guys on Friday, but we had to be up at 6 for our flight and it just wasnt that feasible.

Ah, no worries man. Well, to be honest, just the cab fare and Red Bull, the bartender didn't want to charge me. It was like service industry night, bar staff always recognize each other. Seriously, if GAF ever gets a booth (*looks at funds* BAHAHA), I would so serve booze on the floor.

Bish: yeah man, it was good times. Now, I am going to dominate your country when I slap that silly Kick in the Head drink right across the face. Seriously man, thanks! And I plan to buy DoW:WA once I get my copy of DoW. *HINTFUCKINGHINT*

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
Meier said:
Thursday night was a staff dinner and then Star Wars since I didnt realize I had anything else to possibly do that night. Otherwise, I was planning on going on Saturday -- ahh well, what can ya do.

Was nice to finally get to meet you Bishop.

Man, that Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon was heavenly. I recommend M-Grill.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Bah.

Was I the -only- person stuck in the Wednesday Media-line-of-doom?

I spent 3 hours in line in the sun, waiting for my media credentials to be approved.

Bah. I'll have to invade next year's meet up, then...

I did run into a few folks at e3... people kept walking up to me and saying that they knew me from GAF. I think I'm the only person here to post using a real name...

(Side note: If anyone can get me one of those precious DS Zelda trailer carts, I'll repay them in hard-to-find GameCube demo discs)

Bog

Junior Ace
Wait, so BuddyC's the guy who introduced himself to Greg Sewart in Kentia hall on the last day?

Teddman

DavidDayton said:
Bah.

Was I the -only- person stuck in the Wednesday Media-line-of-doom?
It happened to Fishie too. Luckily I already had my media badge, and was able to go to the front of the line and get my holder in 5 minutes. I almost waited in that line, then said, "Aw Hell Nawh..."

BuddyC

Bog said:
Cool, I was wondering who it was. I just saw the GA tag/card/whatever. I was the 1up guy sitting next to him.
Oh, cool. I just wanted to say hey, I felt like a dick for bugging him to begin with.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Bleh, I lost track of the Striker, Kobun and Dormer after the concert, so I missed the drink-a-thon, and then I was stuck in that media registration line from hell most of wednesday, so any plans to make the E3 meetup were shot to hell.

E3 was a blast regardless, and I have to agree with WasabiKing when he says that E3 is not as much about the show as it is meeting up with old friends.

Hopefully, I'll meet someone besides Kobun next year. :p

Alcibiades

ok finally uploaded, my pics are crappy compared to Teddman's camera, but I thought I should post the decent ones:

MVC-019F.JPG

I think that's Foo, Wellington, and Meier

MVC-003F.JPG

some folks

MVC-018F.JPG

more GAFFERS

MVC-021F.JPG

and more

MVC-009F.JPG

me and some GAF crew...

MVC-010F.JPG

me and Teddman

me and Wellington

MVC-012F.JPG

me and Meier

Teddman

Hey, better late than never! Those pics aren't that bad... I mean, you should've see the camera Efralope (Aciblades) had, it was huge like an old school Polaroid and took pictures so fast after you pressed the button, people didn't even have time to pose. That thing had a hair trigger. You say it was on loan from the local high school?

Good times meeting up with you at the show.

Alcibiades

yeah, a teacher from the HS (which I've known well forever, as her daughter was my friend since elementary), lend my brother the camera and that's what I was left with for E3...

It's 2-megapixel, and I remember using it myself when I was in HS (4 yrs. ago), so it's obviously old, but it was either that or dish out $200 to get a new camera, but I wasn't sure how expensive the trip would be and how much emergency cash I'd need, so I opted to borrow that camera instead of buying one... it's not too bad under good conditions, since it has a floppy slot (for direct storage) and a huge LCD screen...

yeah nice meeting you too Teddman, and everyone else...

actually, the prospect of meeting GAF/OAS people was part motivation for going

oh, I forgot, here's a picture of me a Gazunta, who unfortunately couldn't make it to the GAF meet, I think he was pimping out his new game, Ty 3, which is looking pretty slick...

MVC-023F.JPG

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
Heavens to murgatroid, why didn't anyone tell me I looked so horrible that morning.

I guess that's what sprinting to appointment to appointment for 2 hours without a pitstop to check my hair and makeup will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom