• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.
As this is our first finals in about 60 years, then it's clearly Wales' to lose! Got tickets to at least two of our games, so very much looking forward to this regardless of results!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm not sure what you're talking about.

I'd argue that Kompany being injured could be a godsend for you. He's not exactly been in fantastic form for City and Jan Vertonghen and Toby Alderweireld were in great form all year, play together and know each other incredibly well.

Belgium are probably my HOT TIP for the championship.

We'll see saturday how they do against Switzerland... But yeah Alderweireld is really good, and he hopes Wilmots will let him play center, now that Kompany is out. Bigger problem is quantity, we keep losing players because of injuries. I think 4 of the current defensive selection had to back out in the last week (Kompany, Denayer, Engels, Meunier)

Firemind

There used to be a lot of confidence here in Belgium about us getting far, but it's been dialed down a bit lately, because of injuries. Kompany is already out, and overall our defense is the biggest problem.
Uh... Jan and Toby were a house this season as a CB pair. Wilmots just has no real plan. Look at the WC quarter final.

Come on Wales! Cymru am Byth!

I'd like to see Wales do something tho. All about that underdog bandwagon.

As this is our first finals in about 60 years, then it's clearly Wales' to lose! Got tickets to at least two of our games, so very much looking forward to this regardless of results!

Internet_High_Five-s520x376-155626.jpg

First time on the world stage in over 50 years, just getting to France was a minor miracle.

Kozak

Banned
I'm already getting riled up by the realists in here predicting a Spain, Germany, France win.

The Euros are coming.

lol at people thinking Belgium will win. Amazing players but they've yet to prove it on the big stage. We (Ireland) will smash them and they'll miserably fall out in the knockout stages.

Fdkn

Spain is not winning, neither is England ofc.

All the big teams are in bad shape so I hope for many surprises and underdogs.

Jubern

Should there be any poor soul like me who wants to see this while living in Japan: you can subscribe to WOWOW, who have all the games live.

If you do it through their website there are no subscribe/cancellation fees, there's a free first month and a cheap second one. Grand total: 1800 yens.

Don't really care who wins but I'll be supporting France, just love their squad and my teams didn't make it (Serbia and Bosnia).

Hoping for a group stage exit by England.

Jack cw

Wouldn't mind France winning it.

Agreed. Even as a German I was very happy for them when they won WC in 1998.
But in the end we'll se a Spain - Germany final again.
But like every Euro, my most anticipated matches are the ones with England in. So much fun and drama.

Pacbois

They're setting up banners on my street to remind me how this is going to be a clusterfuck of security and strikes in Paris. Also the city is currently partly flooded.

Oh joy.

Go France

It'll be my first major football tournament since 2002 where I have no team to support. I think Germany has the best papers to win this.

But we'll see.

Xando

Are you guys just cheering or you really think that England has any chance of winning this?
It's the endless cycle of England fans.

Pre tournament: "We gonna win"
After the first game: "Maybe not"
After game 3: "Fuck we gonna go home early"

Hope everything goes smoothly on the security front

Tubie

Oh nice the euro cup thread is back.

Time for EnglandGAF to have all their hopes and dreams come crashing and burning down like they do every 2 years.

Kill3r7

Since Netherlands did not qualify, I will root for the debutants and England.

Favorites to win it all France, Germany, Spain and Belgium.

Dark Horse team - Croatia.

Jack cw

Since Netherlands did not qualify, I will root for the debutants and England.

Favorites to win it all France, Germany, Spain and Belgium.

Dark Horse team - Croatia.

Belgium has a couple of defenders injured so they are weakened a bit.
Still think that Austria and Croatia will surprise many people.

Pacbois

Surprising to see many people considering France as favourites. Like okay sure our attack even without Benz is solid but defense-wise the team still looks shaky. Don't think we'll go past the semis.

Kill3r7

Surprising to see many people considering France as favourites. Like okay sure our attack even without Benz is solid but defense-wise the team still looks shaky. Don't think we'll go past the semis.

Midfield and front 3 (even sans Benz) are arguably the best in the tournament if not the world. Agreed defense is shaky.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Belgium has a couple of defenders injured so they are weakened a bit.

Definitely. Things aren't looking good right now, our last friendly against Finland was 1-1, almost lost that one even. I hope we can make it to the quarter finals, but beating teams like France, Germany or Spain will be difficult.

France has go this in the bag.
Hopefully there won't be any terror attacks.

It's kind of crazy how many people are convinced that there will be a terrorist attack. I have to reassure my family that I'm not going anywhere close to Paris :).

Technically anything can happen, but with millions of people attending the chances of something happening to a specific person are tiny. I think it's something to be concerned about, but nothing to really worry about... In reality There's probably higher chance of me getting into accident on the way to the airport... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom