• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War Ragnarok has been rated by the Korean Ratings Board

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Dance Dancing GIF by The Dude Perfect Show

sooner ps5 version hits, sooner pc will come

lol, of course not

but it just feels an absolute drag

not even R* does this with their games
What? When was this game first revealed? Wasn't it either late 2020 or early 2021? It's releasing in 2022.

Do you how many games were revealed long before that that still have no end in sight?

Borowski_1

What? When was this game first revealed? Wasn't it either late 2020 or early 2021? It's releasing in 2022.

Do you how many games were revealed long before that that still have no end in sight?
it's not about what i've seen. I've seen enough

It's about them being quiet all the time. A single screenshot goes a long way on keeping people interested and engaged

All this secrecy....

kingfey

Banned
It was mainly for Chris Judge's injury, he came out after Barlog and wanted to clear the air since he says that studio was so accommodating, something he wasn't used to in the entertainment industry.
Barlog lied because he didn't want to publicly announce Christopher Judge's injuries.

Read from bottom to top.

7d91IpJ.jpg
After reading it, I am stupid, to think it was covid.

Had my memory little bit mixe up. All I could remember, was Balrog taking the responsibility.

I had no idea it was about him.
I guess I am shit person, for not checking it very well..

Just next time don’t blame it on COVID before doing a little research first. Christopher Judge is pretty important for the devs and they weren’t going to throw him away due to his injuries. It’s normal that they would postpone some things so they can have him play Kratos. He did do a great job in the first one.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

It's about them being quiet all the time. A single screenshot goes a long way on keeping people interested and engaged

All this secrecy....
I don't get this. Are we more interested in playing all these games that Sony is releasing month after month or knowing what might or might not come 3 years down the road?

I much prefer this strategy.

No need to make fake promises and create hype. Show only when you have something to show. I'm more interested in playing games than watching trailers of said video games.

Last edited:

All this secrecy....
Secrecy? Really?

We got trailers for Scalebound every year forever. How'd that turn out? Everwild was revealed before the developers even decided in a genre. Bayonetta 3 was announced before the Switch launch 5 years ago. Is this what you want?

What is the point of showing a game off constantly? You only announce games and keep showing off the same games if you don't have stuff coming up soon and frequently.

Last edited:

SSfox

It's so weird to me and off to see some people wanting devs to show and spam bunch of screenshots and videos of a game before release, i get that it has its part of excitement, but at the same time it reach the spoilers level and kinda ruing a big part of discord and playing the game yourself.

Personally i like the fact that they're showing minimum about the game, one of the thing that made the experience of the first game awesome is that they showed with showing too much, kept the experience fresh and awesome with minimal spoilers.

Last edited:

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
July: Stray
August: Silent Hill
September: God of War
October: Forspoken
November: TLOU2 Remake
Not going to lie I hope the rumour of delaying Forspoken in favour of releasing FFXVI was true because that would cap off an amazing year and Forspoken will surely be lost in the juggle compared to if it was released Feb next year.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
And we've already had Horizon Forbidden West, Gran Turismo 7, The Show and Ghostwire Tokyo.

2022 hasn't been as bad for PlayStation as some made it sound.
And Sifu and Salt and Sacrifice. And Stray is coming in July. We may also get Little Devil Inside.

Not as bad? Man, this is turning out to be one of the all-time best years by a gaming publisher ever.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
And Sifu and Salt and Sacrifice. And Stray is coming in July. We may also get Little Devil Inside.

Not as bad? Man, this is turning out to be one of the all-time best years by a gaming publisher ever.
They didn't publish Sifu, Little Devil Inside, Salt and Sacrifice, or Stray (or Ghostwire Tokyo for that matter).

But they're definitely having a strong 2022, no doubt.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
They didn't publish Sifu, Little Devil Inside, Salt and Sacrifice, or Stray (or Ghostwire Tokyo for that matter).

But they're definitely having a strong 2022, no doubt.
We were talking about (1) what "we have got" as PlayStation gamers this year, and (2) this has been a great year for PlayStation / PlayStation consoles / PlayStation as a publisher as well.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
n

not gonna lie, i hate this kind of teasing
It's sometimes fun, sometimes not.

It's more annoying when cringe losers (iNsIdErS) who want their e-clout tease shit in the vain of "tee hee we know stuff that you don't know, but we aren't going to tell you"

Straight up high school girl shit.

When developers do it, you can pretty much read into things more.

Last edited:

Borowski_1

It's sometimes fun, sometimes not.

It's more annoying when cringe losers (iNsIdErS) who want their e-clout tease shit in the vain of "tee hee we know stuff that you don't know, but we aren't going to tell you"

Straight up high school girl shit.

When developers do it, you can pretty much read into things more.

Well, there it is...

bitbydeath

They’re not remaking Part 2 lol
I think that’s what the rumour is about.
However it could just be a native PS5 remaster.
Why?

1. MP is coming to release alongside it.
2. TLOU1 doesn’t need a remake.
3. TLOU2 remake would continue the tradition of starting on one system and being redone for the other.

Now I also wouldn’t be surprised if they took this opportunity to retcon Joel’s death.
Why?

1. There’s a TV Show Pedro signed up for as the lead, and they’ll likely want that to continue for many seasons to come.
2. The same story would still work if Joel was beat badly/into a coma.
3. Almost everyone hates Abbey because of her actions, if she showed restraint it’d put her in a better light moving forward to TLOU3 and the audience the game may have lost would be more likely to return.

sendit

Why?

3. TLOU2 remake would continue the tradition of starting on one system and being redone for the other.

Now I also wouldn’t be surprised if they took this opportunity to retcon Joel’s death.
Why?

1. There’s a TV Show Pedro signed up for as the lead, and they’ll likely want that to continue for many seasons to come.
3. Almost everyone hates Abbey because of her actions, if she showed restraint it’d put her in a better light moving forward to TLOU3 and the audience the game may have lost would be more likely to return.

Did Joel show restraint when executing Abbey's dad?

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Why?

Why?

They’re remaking The Last of Us from 2013.

Of course there’s also a PS5 port of Part 2.

Lognor

Banned
What’s a good stopping point for you?
When we have a release date that is within 3 months. We don't have the right now. Remember when hzd2 and gt7 had 2021 release dates? Yeah
I'm so glad you posted here. I was so concerned for you and your health. Try to lower that sodium intake.
It seems you're the salty one though? I've been saying for months gow2 would be delayed. I still believe that. Has nothing to do with salt. But your response feels like it does!
You:
Clown Conancon2019 GIF by Team Coco

It’s already over.
No it's not. What's the release date then?

Top Bottom