• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Lantern #1. Hal Jordan. Ongoing. Geoff Johns. Carlos Pacheco. 2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomoment

http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16567

Green_Lantern_t.jpg

Rorschach

“The original costume was a classic, and I would never dare change it too much,” Pacheco said.

Alan Scott will play a role in Rebirth, as will Guy Gardner, and Kyle Rayner.

Batman plays a large role in the story as well, prompting Van Sciver to say, “He’s almost a bad guy,” before Johns and Tomasi hushed him.

...Ollie Queen play large roles in Rebirth, and for the monthly, Johns will be adding in some new supporting characters.

Geoff Johns and Carlos Pacheco. I'm sold. :p

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
All the Kyle fans can kiss my ass I for one am overjoyed to see Hal return not that I don't like Kyle... he's ok. But will somebody clue me in as to what happened during the end of his spectre run?

ShadowRed

Banned
DarienA said:
All the Kyle fans can kiss my ass I for one am overjoyed to see Hal return not that I don't like Kyle... he's ok. But will somebody clue me in as to what happened during the end of his spectre run?

I'm not sure, but if you want to know how Hal returns it has nothing to do with the Spector from what I've heard.

Supposedy Sinstro who everyone thought was dead faked his death and trapped Hal in some prison. Sinestro then took on Hal's place and did the whole Parallax thing. That's what I have heard was going on, but there is obviouly a lot of stuff missing, or wouldn't make since if Sinestro was faking Hals ID. Also Sinestro was supposed to have taken Hals place for a while, so it doesn't explain how he would know all Hals friends and interact with them. If what I've heard is true I'm sure there is a lot more to it than what I've stated.

PS. I've never cared for Kyle as well. John should have taken up the mantle of Earth Lantern after Hal.

Asbel

ShadowRed said:
I'm not sure, but if you want to know how Hal returns it has nothing to do with the Spector from what I've heard.

Supposedy Sinstro who everyone thought was dead faked his death and trapped Hal in some prison. Sinestro then took on Hal's place and did the whole Parallax thing. That's what I have heard was going on, but there is obviouly a lot of stuff missing, or wouldn't make since if Sinestro was faking Hals ID. Also Sinestro was supposed to have taken Hals place for a while, so it doesn't explain how he would know all Hals friends and interact with them. If what I've heard is true I'm sure there is a lot more to it than what I've stated.

PS. I've never cared for Kyle as well. John should have taken up the mantle of Earth Lantern after Hal.
Ughh. I hope not. That sounds like one awful retcon.

wait a second? SINESTRO!?!?!? GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!! THAT SUCKS!!!!!
THEN WHO THE HELL DID HALJORDAN FIGHT IN GREEN LANTERN#50?!?! HIS OWN WEENIE!??!!? just bring the ongoign series and forget about ret conning..... just say that hal jordan made a terrible mistake and he is attoning for it.... dint go for that lame..... GAAAAAH!!!

8bit

Knows the Score
evil solrac v3.0 said:
wait a second? SINESTRO!?!?!? GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!! THAT SUCKS!!!!!
THEN WHO THE HELL DID HALJORDAN FIGHT IN GREEN LANTERN#50?!?! HIS OWN WEENIE!??!!? just bring the ongoign series and forget about ret conning..... just say that hal jordan made a terrible mistake and he is attoning for it.... dint go for that lame..... GAAAAAH!!!

Hey, if there's anyone that can retcon that, it's Geoff Johns. Wait and see.

FnordChan

evil solrac v3.0 said:
GLORY BE, THE FUNK'S ON KYLE!!!!

The true plot twist will feature Johns and Pacheco ditching Hal Jordan completely and making Bootsy Collins the new Green Lantern.

bootsy-lantern.jpg

FnordChan

FnordChan said:
The true plot twist will feature Johns and Pacheco ditching Hal Jordan completely and making Bootsy Collins the new Green Lantern.

bootsy-lantern.jpg

FnordChan

what happens when his hometown gets destroyed? what will he become?

8bit

Knows the Score
FnordChan said:

bootsy-lantern.jpg

FnordChan

If it weren't for the fact that Bootsy was obviously taken over by Sinestro to cover 'The Joker' by the Steve Miller band with Fatboy Slim, I'd agree.

FnordChan

8bit said:
If it weren't for the fact that Bootsy was obviously taken over by Sinestro to cover 'The Joker' by the Steve Miller band with Fatboy Slim, I'd agree.

Actually, that was Kyle Rayner.

FnordChan

nomoment

For folks who want the see the FULL six page Green Lantern: Rebirth prelude from last week's Wizard:

http://www.comicboards.com/greenlantern/view.php?rpl=040731050927

http://www.comicboards.com/greenlantern/view.php?rpl=040801014055

Green Lantern: Rebirth #1-6 will be by Geoff Johns and Ethan Van Sciver. The new Green Lantern ongoing series will be by Geoff Johns and Carlos Pacheco. While I prefer Pacheco's craftsmanship, Van Sciver is a brilliant artist in his own right. Just check out the cover for Green Lantern: Rebirth #2.

GreenLanternRebirthCv2.jpg

evil solrac v3.0 said:
and is it just me or is hal's custome the same? they said they re-did the hal custome but i dont see any difference...

The original Hal costume didn't have the green on the shoulders (which I think were added the same time as the grey temples), and also the green front section of his costume extended down around his hips.

SMALL_GREEN_LANTERN_HAL_JORDAN.jpg

like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom