• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Lantern Corps gets David Goyer to write and produce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagi

Lethal Weapon in space doesn't really work when you have two characters who are like Murtaugh. Goyer though lol

I like Goyer with the right partner. And Johns probably is that partner.

I'm afraid this is going to be a live action First Flight, when I think GL as a concept works better with less GLs and more as a Marshall out on the untamed frontier, with the Corps in the background.

I realize that take hasn't been done in ages, though.

Going back to Goyer?

O7tJkRs.gif

DeathyBoy

Banned
STEWART: Jordan... JORDAN... JORDAN...
HAL: What?
STEWART: I'm too Green for this Lantern

Throw in Kilowog as the Captain 'The Guardians gonna have my ass... you two knuckleheads have twelve hours to save Sector 542... DAMNIT JORDAN, you got to play it by the book. THE BOOK OF OA.'

Viewt

I like Goyer with the right partner. And Johns probably is that partner.

I'm afraid this is going to be a live action First Flight, when I think GL as a concept works better with less GLs and more as a Marshall out on the untamed frontier, with the Corps in the background.

I realize that take hasn't been done in ages, though.

Agreed 100%. Goyer's always been kind of crappy on his own, but he can put out great work with a partner. And I think Johns is the perfect guy to pair him with. They did such great things together on JSA back in the day, so they should already have solid rapport.

Jordan and Stewart

ewwwww

Right? If you're gonna do a Corps movie and not a solo, Kyle and Guy are just so much better.

1211502-untitled.jpg

Space bros.

Zen Aku

Ohhhhhh boy..

Ehh weary about Goyer again. But at this point I'm expecting everything in the DCEU to bomb. So if it doesn't, I'll be pleasantly surprised. Win/win either way.

Also, of course they were going to pick Jordan and Stewart. Those two are easily the more recognizable Lanterns to people that never pick up a comic book before.

Slayven

Gardner as the crazy veteran and Kyle as the new guy

Training Day in space

bam 800 mil guaranteed.

Oscar Issac as Kyle

this_guy

The problem with the first movie was they didn't spend enough time in space doing Green Lantern stuff. Majority of the movie was a love story with Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively, then he spent 5 minutes training and fought a cloud. I guess the cloud was menacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom