• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Lantern Corps gets David Goyer to write and produce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LosDaddie

Banned
All is want is for GL Corps to do what GotG did for the MCU, expand on the universe-building....comsically.

I mean, there was a Celestial in GotG. A Celestial! Just having them in that movie....knowing that Celestials exist in the MCU lays the foundation for so much craziness.

Shaanyboi

Banned
TheSimpsons0614-1.jpg

I'd say jack reynor and Mahershala Ali but I like them both and wouldn't want them take this 50/50 chance of hindering their careers

Aske

Jordan and Stewart

ewwwww

You mean "aewwwwwesome!!!" right?

They really have a knack for picking the least interesting lanterns to shine the spotlight on

You mean most interesting and coolest! Guy is a boring jackass, Kyle is a diaper-baby. It's all about Hal and John; Sector 2814's greatest GLs of all time! Hal is cool and fun smart guy, and John is thoughtful wise cool. They are unstoppable force!

I can't think of a single less interesting character than John. Dude is dull as FUCK.

Oh, I'm sorry, do you think Rem Koolhaas or Eero Saarinen or Buckminster Fuller are "dull as fuck"?

John Stewart:

1) Is an African-American Black Man
2( Is an architect
3) Accidentally destroyed a planet he was trying to save, so depth
4) Mosaic
5) Green Lantern
Six) Married an alien who was murdered by Hal's GF!!!

I love this in theory. As long as it's not actively bad, like BvS, I'll be glad it exists.

I'd say jack reynor and Mahershala Ali but I like them both and wouldn't want them take this 50/50 chance of hindering their careers

Whoever they get for John needs to be super charismatic to bypass the character's own blandness, and Ali is charismatic, but I think they'll go old Hal young John for this. I'd like Timothy Olyphant for Hal and an actor in his 20s or early 30s for John.

jett

D-Member
What the fuck is wrong with Warner Bros.? When it comes to DC movies, they're just an absolute shitshow.

a916

Johns is always at home with Lantern.

Agreed 100%. Goyer's always been kind of crappy on his own, but he can put out great work with a partner. And I think Johns is the perfect guy to pair him with. They did such great things together on JSA back in the day, so they should already have solid rapport.

Right? If you're gonna do a Corps movie and not a solo, Kyle and Guy are just so much better.

1211502-untitled.jpg

Space bros.

You don't put two jobbers in there... you call in the AAA listers.

Hal for the comedy, John for the seriousness.

I know people like to shit on Goyer but as long as he's not directing, there are a lot of movies on his resume that I like: Blade 1 & 2, The Dark Knight Trilogy, Man of Steel. Fuck yes, I'm in.

And the last time Goyer and Johns collaborated we got JSA. And that was pure beauty.

Remember this, GAF, now and forever:

59324-6331-92319-1-jsa.jpg

Fuck Hal but whatever, if we get Stewart I'm happy. Hopefully Guy, Kyle and Katma Tui show up eventually.

The world isn't ready for Guy

Fuck the world. I'm ready.

I know people like to shit on Goyer but as long as he's not directing, there are a lot of movies on his resume that I like: Blade 1 & 2, The Dark Knight Trilogy, Man of Steel. Fuck yes, I'm in.

And the last time Goyer and Johns collaborated we got JSA. And that was pure beauty.

Fuck Hal but whatever, if we get Stewart I'm happy. Hopefully Guy, Kyle and Katma Tui show up eventually.

On my phone so it's hard to find the old stories, but I believe they said the reason they're going with GL Corps is to have a bunch of GLs. So, yes, Guy and Hal may not be the main two, but they could still be in the movie.

Danny McBride for Guy. Another red haired character lost, but whatever.

Dalek

On my phone so it's hard to find the old stories, but I believe they said the reason they're going with GL Corps is to have a bunch of GLs. So, yes, Guy and Hal may not be the main two, but they could still be in the movie.

Shit-that's actually perfect casting.

Shit, that's not a bad idea. He'd have to slim down quite a bit but he's got the perfect attitude. Eastbound and Down in space, let's go.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This sounds kinda cool to me. I've always thought a buddy cop Green Lantern movie would be a great way to introduce multiple Lanterns in one film.

Effect

As said the problem is Goyer alone. Even then he's hit or miss. Not when he's paired with a partner or partners. Good to finally get some information about the Green Lantern film.

I'd rather have Guy and John though. That's your Lethal Weapon pairing right there.

EYEL1NER

So I read the posts mentioning Gardner and thought 'If they put in Guy Gardner, it should be from the time he got turned into a woman in his Guy Gardner: Warrior series.' I then decided to seek out information about that issue because it has been forever since I read it, I just remember what 'Gal' Gardner looked like. I came across the following review of that issue: http://www.guygardnercolonwarrior.com/posts/guy-gardner-warrior-42-a-gender-bender-in-the-blender/
Here is a tasty quote from it:
DN: This comic was really sensitive on trans issues. Oh wait, the opposite of that.

BW: I’m convinced if the book came out today, Dementor would have been wearing a fedora. Excuse me, a Trilby.

TGH: M’Gardner.
I fucking lost it when I read "M'Gardner."

DeathyBoy

Banned
All is want is for GL Corps to do what GotG did for the MCU, expand on the universe-building....comsically.

I mean, there was a Celestial in GotG. A Celestial! Just having them in that movie....knowing that Celestials exist in the MCU lays the foundation for so much craziness.

DCEU's third film introduced fucking Enchantress in a casual way - the cosmic shit is going to be ridiculous.

DCEU's third film introduced fucking Enchantress in a casual way - the cosmic shit is going to be ridiculous.

and nonchalantly throwing in Flash time travel and darkseid teases in BvS. they don't seem apprehensive to go all with the comic fuckery in the slightest.

As bad as that 2011 movie is, and as much is inexplicably set on Earth, they didn't shy away from the weird alien GLs. They were missing Ch'p and Mogo, but Tomar-Re and Kilowag were there in the brief Oa scenes. They should at least match what was in that.

DeathyBoy

Banned
As bad as that 2011 movie is, and as much is inexplicably set on Earth, they didn't shy away from the weird alien GLs. They were missing Ch'p and Mogo, but Tomar-Re and Kilowag were there in the brief Oa scenes. They should at least match what was in that.

Oh God, DCEU Mogo is going to be terrifying isn't he?

firelogic

That intro of Enchantress taking over was badass. I actually liked how they did the character.

So what's your money on? Green Lantern Corps or The Batman releasing first?

Alienous

I feel like Goyer's a decent enough gatekeeper for the characters, and the DCEU could really use that. Batman Begins shows that he can do good work with a good co-writer, so hopefully that's the case here.

The DCEU really seems to have too much on its plate though. Aquaman, Flash, Shazam, Cyborg, Green Lantern Corps. Do they really need to be starting these projects before Justice League releases?

David Goyer as in David S. Goyer who's written loads of terrible superhero films?! Didn't he direct a couple of terrible ones too? (Blade Trinity?)

That intro of Enchantress taking over was badass. I actually liked how they did the character.

So what's your money on? Green Lantern Corps or The Batman releasing first?

I hated suicide squad, but I will admit that Enchantress transformation bit was really well done.

Goyer writing has me kind of shook, hoping Geoff Johns is able to make sure we get good Goyer writing since he loves the Lanterns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom