• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Showcase 2021 |OT| September 9th (Show rating poll added)

How would you rate the PS5 Showcase?

• A

Votes: 83 16.2%
  • B

Votes: 147 28.7%
  • C

Votes: 133 25.9%
  • D

Votes: 98 19.1%
  • E

Votes: 52 10.1%

• Total voters

dyergram

Twitter is blocked, summary?
Lots of exciting things going on at PlayStation Studios. Can’t wait to show you what we’ve been working on
👀
Herman said that. Shu just said ‘THIS’

CheeseCake

excited but 40 mins is too small
e6ffa068-75b7-11e6-bf48-b372cdb1043a

Last year's PS5 Showcase was also around 40 minutes ( it was actually 45 I think)

Here's the full blogpost of last year's showcase ( September ):

"Before PlayStation 5 launches this holiday, we wanted to give you one more look at some of the great games coming to PS5 at launch (and beyond!).

Our next digital showcase will weigh in at around 40 minutes, and feature updates on the latest titles from Worldwide Studios and our world-class development partners.

Tune in live on Twitch or YouTube this Wednesday, September 16 at 1pm PDT / 9pm BST / 10pm CEST to see what’s next for PS5."

It was an incredible showcase.

bitbydeath

Last year's PS5 Showcase was also around 40 minutes ( it was actually 45 I think)

Here's the full blogpost of last year's showcase ( September ):

"Before PlayStation 5 launches this holiday, we wanted to give you one more look at some of the great games coming to PS5 at launch (and beyond!).

Our next digital showcase will weigh in at around 40 minutes, and feature updates on the latest titles from Worldwide Studios and our world-class development partners.

Tune in live on Twitch or YouTube this Wednesday, September 16 at 1pm PDT / 9pm BST / 10pm CEST to see what’s next for PS5."

It was an incredible showcase.
48mins, they packed in a lot.

kyliethicc

excited but 40 mins is too small
e6ffa068-75b7-11e6-bf48-b372cdb1043a
Its enough for about 12-14 game trailers/demos if they keep it to around 3-4 minutes each and run a bit long at say 42 minutes total ("around 40 minutes"). And they could do even more, maybe 15-20 games, if some trailers are shorter, like 1-2 minutes each.

And Sony say they're doing a post-show stream with "more updates" from some of the studios, so we'll learn or see more info in that too.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

That’s what I think so too.
Its just diamonds in that teaser trailer, not vertexes / triangles.

Its clearly some theme thing they're doing for this show. The PlayStation symbols in the showcase image are made up of lots of little diamonds. Now they are using diamonds in their graphics packages.

Hard to why... but it definitely has nothing to do with the PS5s geometry engine lol.

That was my response to him saying he might be seeing things lol.

oh my bad lol

Last edited:

3liteDragon

Its just diamonds in that teaser trailer, not vertexes / triangles.

Its clearly some theme thing they're doing for this show. The PlayStation symbols in the showcase image are made up of lots of little diamonds. Now they are using diamonds in their graphics packages.

Hard to why... but it definitely has nothing to do with the PS5s geometry engine lol.
That was my response to him saying he might be seeing things lol.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I miss weed. Can't cause I'm a soldier.
Is CBD weed (the one without thc) allowed when youi are a soldier?You won't get as high but if you miss the taste....I tried it and it is not as effective to handle pain as the one with THC but it is awesome to keep the pack and put real weed in it, cops can't tell the difference.

Is CBD weed (the one without thc) allowed when youi are a soldier?You won't get as high but if you miss the taste....I tried it and it is not as effective to handle pain as the one with THC but it is awesome to keep the pack and put real weed in it, cops can't tell the difference.

You won't pass the drug test if you consume cannabis based products. I know it's against the UCMJ.

Last edited:
The original actually took two years to make.

When they showed the E3 2016 demo, that's the only part they had developed at that point in time. Yes, the overall script/plot/setting was ready (but so it is for the sequel as Cory has prepared the story for three games together). Everything else -- mo-cap, level design, boss fights, etc. -- was developed b/w June 2016 and April 2018.
Two years? Lmao. Games don't take two years. They started development in 2013 and released the game in 2018, that's not two years.

The standard development time for AAA games is 4 years at the very least. There's no game to my knowledge that has been developed in two years since the GameCube era.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
You won't pass the drug test if you consume cannabis based products. I know it's against the UCMJ.
In France CBD buds are legal so you can smoke it and for drug tests, beside being rare when you tell them that you are asthmatic they won't make you pass the breath test.There's still the blood test but most of the time it is too much work for a simple fine so they don't bother.I mean the test cost something like 450€ to the country and the fine is 200€.
All that is of course if you are a pedestrian, I know my weedman now buys CBD sacks offer it to a friend and sell weed with it never had a problem in 2 years.
And man I can't stress this enough but we do need to be more tolerant about weed in France because it works bloody damn well to counter the nausea from chemo.
I mean I had like a double chemo dose due to a mistake the first time they injected me, it was tiring but fine, and in the evening just a few joints and no more nausea.I didn't not vomit even once and I am halfway through my chemo.
I didn't know that the CBD was against ucmj,I don't think it is harmful or tampers with the reflexes though it can help relaxe, I mean my mother vapes CBD and she's really frail (like a glass of wine and she's drunk frail).

But that's another debate and let's not derail the thread too much, thank you for your informations.

In France CBD buds are legal so you can smoke it and for drug tests, beside being rare when you tell them that you are asthmatic they won't make you pass the breath test.There's still the blood test but most of the time it is too much work for a simple fine so they don't bother.I mean the test cost something like 450€ to the country and the fine is 200€.
All that is of course if you are a pedestrian, I know my weedman now buys CBD sacks offer it to a friend and sell weed with it never had a problem in 2 years.
And man I can't stress this enough but we do need to be more tolerant about weed in France because it works bloody damn well to counter the nausea from chemo.
I mean I had like a double chemo dose due to a mistake the first time they injected me, it was tiring but fine, and in the evening just a few joints and no more nausea.I didn't not vomit even once and I am halfway through my chemo.
I didn't know that the CBD was against ucmj,I don't think it is harmful or tampers with the reflexes though it can help relaxe, I mean my mother vapes CBD and she's really frail (like a glass of wine and she's drunk frail).

But that's another debate and let's not derail the thread too much, thank you for your informations.

Ok very interesting information. I'm in the US so things are a bit different here.

Just additional information the UCMJ governs military members in the United States. It's possible to consume cannabis here if you are not subject to it. But according to the Universal Code of Military Justice service members are prohibited from consuming cannabis products or derivatives.

I don't have anything against cannabis as I certainly see the medical benefits it can bring but I'm not allowed to consume it due to being subject to the UCMJ.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Ok very interesting information. I'm in the US so things are a bit different here.

Just additional information the UCMJ governs military members in the United States. It's possible to consume cannabis here if you are not subject to it. But according to the Universal Code of Military Justice service members are prohibited from consuming cannabis products or derivatives.

I don't have anything against cannabis as I certainly see the medical benefits it can bring but I'm not allowed to consume it due to being subject to the UCMJ.
Yeah the derivative part would probably rule out CBD, it's crazy I thought the laws were more permissive about weed in the US.
In France there used to be a difference between what were called hard drugs and soft drugs and if it was weed or resina you had lighter sentence or fine, now a weed dealer takes as much as a meth or heroine dealer.
I never said that you were against cannabis but I understand how my defense sounded a bit like you were against it.It's just that it has affected myself and some people I know going through their cancer,I even remember when my grandmother was at the doctor in terminal phase of cancer and the doctor said to us "I can't legally recommend you weed, but if you know where to buy it and that it works then do it."
And honestly old people high are funny as hell. I spent great moments with my grandma before she died and I think she did too.It helped for the pain and she was laughing all the time with us,usually my brother and I rolled her some joints and I remember one time she tried to roll one ... I thinks my socks and Elton John combined were straighter than what she rolled.

Yeah the derivative part would probably rule out CBD, it's crazy I thought the laws were more permissive about weed in the US.
In France there used to be a difference between what were called hard drugs and soft drugs and if it was weed or resina you had lighter sentence or fine, now a weed dealer takes as much as a meth or heroine dealer.
I never said that you were against cannabis but I understand how my defense sounded a bit like you were against it.It's just that it has affected myself and some people I know going through their cancer,I even remember when my grandmother was at the doctor in terminal phase of cancer and the doctor said to us "I can't legally recommend you weed, but if you know where to buy it and that it works then do it."
And honestly old people high are funny as hell. I spent great moments with my grandma before she died and I think she did too.It helped for the pain and she was laughing all the time with us,usually my brother and I rolled her some joints and I remember one time she tried to roll one ... I thinks my socks and Elton John combined were straighter than what she rolled.

Honestly Marijuana was decriminalized on a federal level here. It's up to each state to allow it's consumption. In California recreational marijuana is allowed but in a state like Texas it's prohibited. Many states do allow Marijuana for medicinal purposes. When it comes to the military the rules are a lot more strict. In the military we work with dangerous equipment and put our lives on the line when we are overseas. I can understand why they won't let us consume any drugs because that can impact the mission.

Oh Yeah What GIF by Regal

I apologize for the derail. I thought the conversation was interesting.

Last edited:
Lotta possibilities for 1st party.

Wonder how many of these will appear...

God of War 2
Horizon Forbidden West
Gran Turismo 7
The Last of Us Part II Director's Cut
The Last of Us Online
Spider-man 2
Guerrilla's new IP
Bend's new IP
Bluepoint's next game
Knack 3
I feel like Horizon won't even be shown if so maybe it'll get 30 sec considering they decided to tell us the release date recently and we already had a state of play. I think Guerrillas new IP will be the main game they show.

yurinka

Right off the bat, from whats been announced, I bet: S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2, A Plague Tale: Requiem and Starfield (which will be some feat, taking its size into account) will look visually better.

Edit: Forza Horizon 5 already looks better but people dont like comparing driving games to 'normal games' for whatever reason.
Regarding A Plague of Tale and Starfield, will be released after them and we don't know if they will look better because we still didn't see gameplay and unlike SSM and Guerrilla their creators never had top visuals in previous games.

Regarding Stalker 2 I think it will look great but not at the level of these games specially in consoles or similar PCs.

Horizon 5 is a good comparision, it looks great even if a racing game in many ways are more simple than most other genres but yes, it looks top noch in terms of visuals.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Two years? Lmao. Games don't take two years. They started development in 2013 and released the game in 2018, that's not two years.

The standard development time for AAA games is 4 years at the very least. There's no game to my knowledge that has been developed in two years since the GameCube era.
After 2013's God of War, they were working on Internal 7, which got canceled in 2014, and then the layoffs happened. Pre-production for God of War started in 2015. They showed the vertical slice in E3 2016, and then produced the rest of the game b/w 2016 and 2018.

It's all in the Raising Kratos documentary.

Top Bottom