• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Showcase 2021 |OT| September 9th (Show rating poll added)

How would you rate the PS5 Showcase?

• A

Votes: 83 16.2%
  • B

Votes: 147 28.7%
  • C

Votes: 133 25.9%
  • D

Votes: 98 19.1%
  • E

Votes: 52 10.1%

• Total voters

Bartski

Gold Member
Yes you will know.

Link Comments GIF

GymWolf

To me he is just the Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man and there is nothing wrong about it. Not every character has to be badass.
Look, i'm not a spiderman fan in the slightest, but he is badass in his own way, making jokes doens't make him less badass or the entire modern mcu avengers group would be composed by failed comedians...

At the very least he is far more badass than clumsy mcu spiderman that let a normal human scare the shit out of him with a dad talk when he can easily decapitate him with a slap...

Last edited:

Raonak

Banned
I want to see something of god of war. Pretty sure we will see horizon. That alone is hype.

Some GT7 would be nice and maybe even kojima, though I'm guessing that would just be death stranding director's cut.

Updates to Returnal(new guns, biomes, and mechanics) and ratchet and clank (new planets, more story? Quest for booty sided or more.) That would all be would be great.

Fuck... Now I'm overhyped.

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
Look, i'm not a spiderman fan in the slightest, but he is badass in his own way, making jokes doens't make him less badass or the entire modern mcu avengers group would be composed by failed comedians...

At the very least he is far more badass than clumsy mcu spiderman that let a normal human scare the shit out of him with a dad talk when he can easily decapitate him with a slap...

Right? Within a second he could habe been chocking Vulture almost to death and putting the fear of god in him without his Vulture suit and only holding a measly pistol.

iorek21

My bets:

God of War Ragnarok
TLOU2 Directors Cut
Bloodborne Remastered
Spider Man 2 reveal
Bend Studio’s new IP reveal

GymWolf

Right? Within a second he could habe been chocking Vulture almost to death and putting the fear of god in him without his Vulture suit and only holding a measly pistol.
He literally fought and won against 2 avengers at the same time a couple of months before the first movie (before they made him a clumsy bitch who cause 50% of the damages in the movie), when vulture menace to kill all the people that he love, every guy with a spine would've slap the shit out of him to demonstrate how stupid his little dad talk was, but instead we have pussy parker who shit stain the back seat...

Between this and the whole school location with depressed MJ, nerd flash thompson and the fat friendo i don't know how can people can love these movies, at least raimi made that part right and short.

the acting of peter and the villains and i guess some action scene are literally the only salvageable things...

Last edited:

Vognerful

That's true, but Core gamers and niche games like bloodborne are System sellers and define the "character" of our favorite boxes.

Most people won't play those games, yes, but when they are googling which console to buy or ask their hardcore gamer friend it's one of the reasons a console is recommended.
No niche game would be a system seller. There is no data from Sony on the game sales and the latest estimate we have is 2.7 million copies and returnal around 0.5 million. The hype for elder ring is due to being a merge of dark souls and Game of Throns writer (Dark souls 3 which is a bigger game i think more than 12 million copies).

Why would you recommend someone to play games that are way less popular than the bigger exclusives like FF7R, Spiderman, TLOU, GoW, etc.?

imissweed

Banned
Your guess is as good as mine, but it seems unlikely they will have a special stream for something as obscure as outbreak day.

Also, you can get Ghost remastered right this very second. Came out a week or two ago.
Ghost direx
Is CBD weed (the one without thc) allowed when youi are a soldier?You won't get as high but if you miss the taste....I tried it and it is not as effective to handle pain as the one with THC but it is awesome to keep the pack and put real weed in it, cops can't tell the difference.
No unfortunately it is also not allowed

SoraNoKuni

No niche game would be a system seller. There is no data from Sony on the game sales and the latest estimate we have is 2.7 million copies and returnal around 0.5 million. The hype for elder ring is due to being a merge of dark souls and Game of Throns writer (Dark souls 3 which is a bigger game i think more than 12 million copies).

Why would you recommend someone to play games that are way less popular than the bigger exclusives like FF7R, Spiderman, TLOU, GoW, etc.?

Most people I've met buy consoles based on promises and variety, the promise that a certain platform will probably have plethora of experiences seems to appeal marketing wise, when I was 16 for example I was working for a small video game oriented store as a technician but happened to talk to a lot of customers, a lot of those people really thought they wanted that niche game due to reviews or recommendations, the truth to be told is that most people that bought that certain "niche" game outright told us the game sucked and they didn't like it, tbh It was 11 years ago and my memory is hazy but it always came down to this, which console has something the other doesn't, and smaller artistic games were always part of the conversation.

People, especially casuals don't really know what they want to play, and try different things other than their yearly cod/bf/sports games.

P.S:
Of course, this is just my personal experience and I may be saying nonsense, especially nowadays that the way games are marketed is completely different (YouTubers, influencers).

Last edited:

Markio128

The new Twisted Metal game then
I’m not so sure because I remember reading that Jaffe would be gutted if a new TM game was being developed without his input. There have been rumours of a multiplayer focused game, so maybe SOCOM or Warhawk. I personally would be very much up for a new Warhawk because it was a lot of fun.

It's only 40mins, everything has to be shortened to fit in or they only concentrate of a smaller number of games. I just don't know what Sony are thinking, they've shown nothing all year apart from Horizon and they only got 40mins?🤞

It's only 40mins, everything has to be shortened to fit in or they only concentrate of a smaller number of games. I just don't know what Sony are thinking, they've shown nothing all year apart from Horizon and they only got 40mins?🤞

As long as they don't shove in pointless interviews or marketing it should be fine. I don't recall the last showcase being longer than an hour.

Last edited:

Caio

As long as they don't shove in pointless interviews or marketing it should be fine. I don't recall the last showcase being longer than and hour.
Exactly. 40 minutes of pure intense and amazing gameplay of Games we love is far better than 1 hour and half of boring trailers, interviews and marketing. Soon we will discover.

Exactly. 40 minutes of pure intense and amazing gameplay of Games we love is far better than 1 hour and half of boring trailers, interviews and marketing. Soon we will discover.

My main issue with longer events is the filler. As long as they stay away from that it should be enjoyable.

Yes, I also think the length is reasonable. Considering that they also said that there will be a post show with some further looks, I think and hope we will not get some deep dives in the actual show but in the postshow, so there should be time for a lot of games to show.

envyzeal

Granblue Fantasy Re:Link Dropping PS4, now PS5 Exclusive
Project Awakening gameplay
Final Fantasy XVI gameplay
Final Fantasy VII Remake Part II teaser
Dragon Quest XII teaser
Street Fighter VI teaser
Bloodborne 60 fps + Bloodborne 2 teaser
Persona 6 teaser
Bend's new RPG teaser
TLOU Remake + Factions gameplay + release date on Holidays
New PixelOpus project teaser
New MMolecule project teaser
GT7 gameplay
Spiderman 2 teaser
GOW Ragnarok gameplay

Mics drop and go boom

...one more thing:

Bluepoint acquisition + MGS remake

And you thought you were on a hype train? Think again.

mejin

My main issue with longer events is the filler. As long as they stay away from that it should be enjoyable.

I think Sony has enough material for a longer event and don't be miserable like MS cause they simply didn't burn their cards. But there is no point for a bigger event, there are no PS5s enough to meet demand. Still, those 40 min should be enough to crash internet.

Granblue Fantasy Re:Link Dropping PS4, now PS5 Exclusive
Project Awakening gameplay
Final Fantasy XVI gameplay
Final Fantasy VII Remake Part II teaser
Dragon Quest XII teaser
Street Fighter VI teaser
Bloodborne 60 fps + Bloodborne 2 teaser
Persona 6 teaser
Bend's new RPG teaser
TLOU Remake + Factions gameplay + release date on Holidays
New PixelOpus project teaser
New MMolecule project teaser
GT7 gameplay
Spiderman 2 teaser
GOW Ragnarok gameplay

Mics drop and go boom

...one more thing:

Bluepoint acquisition + MGS remake

And you thought you were on a hype train? Think again.
*Bluepoint AAA Full remake of The Legend of Dragoon.

Since we're posting Jrpg wet dreams

THEAP99

Banned
I'm looking forward to the event, but I hope that the "jaw-dropping" announcements will be UNRELATED to Marvel and Star Wars properties.

Nickolaidas

They could literally show everything off the most ridiculous wish lists here and there would still be responses like:

"this show sucked"
"disappointing"
"I wasted my time for this?!"
It's almost like people have different tastes.

For example, I couldn't give any less of a fuck about a new Twisted Metal game. Other people here? They would go apeshit.

After 2013's God of War, they were working on Internal 7, which got canceled in 2014, and then the layoffs happened. Pre-production for God of War started in 2015. They showed the vertical slice in E3 2016, and then produced the rest of the game b/w 2016 and 2018.

It's all in the Raising Kratos documentary.
Lol that's complete bs. The game was first presented on 2013, in 2014 they did the casting and motion capture. By 2015 they already had the first playable version, did you even watch the documentary?

Anyway, like I said, I think every one here but you knows that a triple AAA game is not done in 2 years. That's not the case now and has not been for at least the past 15 years.

Not even call of duty games are made that quickly.

Last edited:

Nah he isn't. In the MCU movies they make it seem like any avenger could defeat his enemies in a second but since he's just a kid he's having a hard time doing it.

Top Bottom