• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Showcase 2021 |OT| September 9th (Show rating poll added)

How would you rate the PS5 Showcase?

• A

Votes: 83 16.2%
  • B

Votes: 147 28.7%
  • C

Votes: 133 25.9%
  • D

Votes: 98 19.1%
  • E

Votes: 52 10.1%

• Total voters

kyliethicc

HYPEEEEEEEEEEE

KNACK 3 BABY

ZW2gNhI.gif

Last edited:

kyliethicc

This is so vague. I wish he'd at least told what studio was making this game (or at least what the genre is) so we know what game he was talking about when we do get to see it.

Otherwise, we won't even know what he was referring to lol.
People won't "lose their fucking minds" over a new IP or something normal like a new Killzone game. Those types of announcements just create normal excitement. He says its not Metal Gear Solid or Silent Hill. But its gotta be a very big IP.

Probably means its like a Star Wars or Marvel game or something. A surprise.

Last edited:

reksveks

People won't "lose their fucking minds" over a new IP or something normal like a new Killzone game. Those types of announcements just create normal excitement. He says its not Metal Gear Solid or Silent Hill. But its gotta be a very big IP.

Cheers, currently banned from Twitter so lacking full insight into Jaffe tweets.

"people are gonna lose their fucking minds! Bad ass!!!"

So nothing normal only GAF would celebrate like Half Life 3. Must be some superhero stuff then.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

It could be a new IP if it's truly awesome and badass as Jaffe said. I think people lost their minds when Horizon was first revealed. It was so unique and epic. Ghost of Tsushima also had that effect to an extent.

But I do agree that an old IP resurrecting in a new badass way is more likely to get that kind of reaction, e.g., God of War E3 2016. I wonder what IP Sony has that is of the same caliber and garner a reaction like that. Perhaps Jak & Dexter or Getaway? A modern-day Syphon Filter can also be considered 'badass'.

kyliethicc

It could be a new IP if it's truly awesome and badass as Jaffe said. I think people lost their minds when Horizon was first revealed. It was so unique and epic. Ghost of Tsushima also had that effect to an extent.

But I do agree that an old IP resurrecting in a new badass way is more likely to get that kind of reaction, e.g., God of War E3 2016. I wonder what IP Sony has that is of the same caliber and garner a reaction like that. Perhaps Jak & Dexter or Getaway? A modern-day Syphon Filter can also be considered 'badass'.
Yeah good point, it could be a new IP. Just hard to say, too many possibilities.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yes you will know.
don't really see any game announcement that will blow my mind. Gameplay footage maybe but you made it sound like you haven't seen it, just heard about it. How can a game announcement be badass. Is it an existing ip? Maybe they are making a Batman game? Or Luke Skywalker game?

Kratos is the only badass character in Sony's first party portfolio.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
don't really see any game announcement that will blow my mind. Gameplay footage maybe but you made it sound like you haven't seen it, just heard about it. How can a game announcement be badass. Is it an existing ip? Maybe they are making a Batman game? Or Luke Skywalker game?

Kratos is the only badass character in Sony's first party portfolio.
Jin, Cole, Ellie, Alloy, Kratos, Peter Parker, I think they are all badass in their own ways.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I think this is highly unlikely but I wouldn’t mind seeing more on AI: THE SOMNIUM FILES - nirvanA

I LOVED the first game and I’m super hyped for this, already preordered special edition.

Marty-McFly

Banned
There's also the whole new cyberpunk IP, Twisted Metal Rage, and a surprise from a familiar friend we met along the way.

Hideo_Kojima_-_Tokyo_Game_Show_2011_%281%29_%28cropped%29.jpg

I predict blades will bleed, shields will shatter and planets will collide.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Peter Parker? Seriously? He is the lamest/friendliest superhero. He is the opposite of being badass.
My definition of badass isn't just people who are bashing their enemies to a pulp. I think of it as characters who overcome their fears, challenge themselves, and achieve unexpected results that are often bigger than what they usually can handle:

Peter found himself in a world that was way beyond his pay-grade. He is still young but he has to be responsible for a lot of things. He had to overcome his need for revenge and became a role model. In Spider-Man PS4, he had to make a very difficult decision in the end for the greater good of society. He is no Thor (a god) or Iron-Man (rich techie) but he has done his part well among those people, which I think is badass.

Kratos and Peter are different types of badass, in my opinion.

My definition of badass isn't just people who are bashing their enemies to a pulp. I think of it as characters who overcome their fears, challenge themselves, and achieve unexpected results that are often bigger than what they usually can handle:

Peter found himself in a world that was way beyond his pay-grade. He is still young but he has to be responsible for a lot of things. He had to overcome his need for revenge and became a role model. In Spider-Man PS4, he had to make a very difficult decision in the end for the greater good of society. He is no Thor (a god) or Iron-Man (rich techie) but he has done his part well among those people, which I think is badass.

Kratos and Peter are different types of badass, in my opinion.
By that definition nearly everbody could be a badass and the term would become redundant. I like the definiton that a badass is a tough, uncompromising, or intimidating person.

yurinka

It's fun that all these supposed leakers that were talking about supposed Sony events that were going to happen in summer and never happened were talking about of things and now that we know that is coming for real none of them comes with a list of games to be announced there. Guys, please post some fake list on 4chan!

This is so vague. I wish he'd at least told what studio was making this game (or at least what the genre is) so we know what game he was talking about when we do get to see it.

Otherwise, we won't even know what he was referring to lol.
Abandoned is Knack 3, Hasan is Mark Cerny.

Plus in the intro of God of War Kratos gets tortured and killed by his trans son and gets a black lesbian girlfriend, who ends being a furry and cosplays Knack.

There's also the whole new cyberpunk IP, Twisted Metal Rage, and a surprise from a familiar friend we met along the way.

I predict blades will bleed, shields will shatter and planets will collide.
Kojima will show his trailer the day before the event, so very likely he won't be in the show. If something, he may be one of the devs that will appear in the post show explaining their games.

Yes you will know.
Vib Ribbon sequel confirmed!

It won't happen but it would be cool

Last edited:

reksveks

I don't know if it would be a Disney ip but that would be very big get if true.

We still don't and won't know what's going on with Indy, that could be two platform exclusives from Disney plus Spider-man

Last edited:
HYPEEEEEEEEEEE

Hmmm PlayStation game that will make everyone lose their minds
The only games I think can have that kind of reaction are:
  • Bloodborne Sequel/ New exclusive From Software IP
  • The Last of Us Remake/Bloodborne Remake running on PS5 with mind blowing graphics
  • Spiderman 2
  • New Kojima IP/Rumored Silent Hills revival with Kojima involved
Or maybe it's a new IP that just looks insane, like when they showed GoT for the first time.

Last edited:
Hmmm PlayStation game that will make everyone lose their minds
The only games I think can have that kind of reaction are:
  • Bloodborne Sequel/ New exclusive From Software IP
  • The Last of Us Remake/Bloodborne Remake running on PS5 with mind blowing graphics
  • Spiderman 2
  • New Kojima IP/Rumored Silent Hills revival with Kojima involved
Or maybe it's a new IP that just looks insane, like when they showed GoT for the first time.
Bloodborne = Niche game, not for the masses
Remakes = Nothing mind blowing
Spiderman 2 = Everybody knows it's coming, it's the main reason Sony bought Insomniac
Kojima = Maybe, but he said everbody will know it so it must be something big for the masses and no Silent Hill or Death Stranding 2

I think it's some superhero stuff or like another poster mentioned The Mandalorian.

SoraNoKuni

Insiders hyping the event... nothing out of ordinary, but when it comes to Sony rumors there is almost always something...

Bluepoint had a lot of time to make an announcement of what they are working on, bloodborne patch has been speculated since PS5 launch, if Kojima has something in the making now is the best moment to show it as well..

I think it's going to be good but I am going to be cautiously optimistic.

Bloodborne = Niche game, not for the masses
Remakes = Nothing mind blowing
Spiderman 2 = Everybody knows it's coming, it's the main reason Sony bought Insomniac
Kojima = Maybe, but he said everbody will know it so it must be something big for the masses and no Silent Hill or Death Stranding 2

I think it's some superhero stuff or like another poster mentioned The Mandalorian.
Just look at the hype surrounding Elden Ring, From Soft games have been getting a lot more popular as years go by.
But yeah, it's either some superhero stuff or Star Wars related, but I kinda doubt they will make a PlayStation only Star Wars game (don't know if David is literally talking about an exclusive PlayStation game in his post) so... who knows, let's just hope it's something impressive.

SoraNoKuni

It's only hyped by core gamers like here on GAF, not in the real world. If every FIFA/Fortnite kid will know it, it must be a super huge global franchise.
That's true, but Core gamers and niche games like bloodborne are System sellers and define the "character" of our favorite boxes.

Most people won't play those games, yes, but when they are googling which console to buy or ask their hardcore gamer friend it's one of the reasons a console is recommended.

That's true, but Core gamers and niche games like bloodborne are System sellers and define the "character" of our favorite boxes.

Most people won't play those games, yes, but when they are googling which console to buy or ask their hardcore gamer friend it's one of the reasons a console is recommended.
Don't get me wrong, i have nothing against those games and know they have fans. I just wanted to say that they are too small/niche to make all players "lose their fucking minds".

Top Bottom