• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Showcase 2021 |OT| September 9th (Show rating poll added)

How would you rate the PS5 Showcase?

• A

Votes: 83 16.2%
  • B

Votes: 147 28.7%
  • C

Votes: 133 25.9%
  • D

Votes: 98 19.1%
  • E

Votes: 52 10.1%

• Total voters

Elysion

Banned
The standard development time for AAA games is 4 years at the very least. There's no game to my knowledge that has been developed in two years since the GameCube era.

Actually, a two year development cycle for AAA games wasn’t that uncommon even during the PS360 era. The PS3 Uncharted games, Resistance 1 + 2, Killzone 3, Gears of War 2, Mass Effect 2 + 3 and the various CoD games for example were all made within (roughly) two years – and with much smaller teams too. It was only last gen that development times really got out of hand.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Breaking Bad Train GIF

pshe20211211437lkx7.png

Last edited:

Withnail

Not many predictions are including the games from Firewalk (new multiplayer IP) and Haven (Jade Raymond), but we know Sony has signed them. I think we could see teasers for both next week.

kyliethicc

Not many predictions are including the games from Firewalk (new multiplayer IP) and Haven (Jade Raymond), but we know Sony has signed them. I think we could see teasers for both next week.
Firewalk are possible yes, Herman Hulst said he's played a build of their game.

But Haven just hired an art director a few months ago, probably too early for them.

Firewalk is a possibility,. There's also Deviation games

Haven is too early though. Probably still another 2+ years out before we get a reveal from them

Last edited:

BryceNobody

Oh yeah and GTA V is a dead cert. The reactions are going to be quite something.
In a good way or negative way? I have a hard time picturing people’s minds being blown on an 8 year-old game.

Unless there’s new story content (which seems highly unlikely), then I doubt it’ll garner much reaction.

Last edited:

Pedro Motta

don't really see any game announcement that will blow my mind. Gameplay footage maybe but you made it sound like you haven't seen it, just heard about it. How can a game announcement be badass. Is it an existing ip? Maybe they are making a Batman game? Or Luke Skywalker game?

Kratos is the only badass character in Sony's first party portfolio.
It's a Mandalorian game.

Perrott

In a good way or negative way? I have a hard time picturing people’s minds being blown on an 8 year-old game.

Unless there’s new story content (which seems highly unlikely), then I doubt it’ll garner much reaction.
It's Rockstar and they seem to be putting a lot of effort into this remaster (just look at how meaty was GTA V's re-release on last-gen consoles, the jump in quality was pretty mindblowing at the time), so I wouldn't put Rockstar's ability to deliver amazing graphics into doubt. Plus, there's also the "expanded" part of it, so it will be interesting to see what sort of new content is being thrown into the mix.

Last edited:

Concern

Hopefully its a Twisted Metal revival since they're doing a show on it. Otherwise I can't think of what else would get people hyped unless its a whole new ip.

Fuck star wars.

yurinka

Firewalk are possible yes, Herman Hulst said he's played a build of their game.

But Haven just hired an art director a few months ago, probably too early for them.
Firewalk started to work in the game in 2018, so they could show it and announce it with a teaser for late 2022 or more realistically 2023.

I think Haven started the studio this year, so still won't show it.

Last edited:
The problem with the events is always the time here in Japan. It will be 5am in the morning, so I have to avoid the internet until I will be able to watch it.Why can’t Sony choose a better suited time for Japan. I know the foreign market is a much bigger market these days, but they shouldn’t forget where they are coming from.

Sure some people might think, I could just wake up for the event, but it’s just not manageable with 2 small children and a job. Don’t get me wrong, before I had children I would wake up in the middle of the night for any event, but if you have children you already lack some sleep every day.

Top Bottom