• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita 3.00 coming in preparing of PS4, details [Out now]

Roo

No actually, you did.

But fair from me to get in the way of blind defense of all things Nintendo.

Oh God...

ixzNZZ3YsF4uG.gif

Thoraxes

Please let the "Preparing to Download" bug be fixed.

Also, looking forward to remote play with my Vita when the PS4 hits. I just hope the switching is seamless so I can take it to the shitter and continue my game like I do with my Wii U.

seeing that "PS4 Link" icon...oh god its becoming real...its happening O_O

I also touched it :p How cool is it that it also supports second screen functionality? I didn't even know that was supposed to be a feature!

Downloaded the update, but transferring anything over from the PS3 to the PS Vita took a little too long and I couldn't be bothered after that.

Will certainly look forward to the PS4 connectivity.

Liamario

Banned
If I read another person asking whether a certain game has remote play, I'm going to scream. All games have remote play!!! Unless they require a peripheral that is not compatible with vita- eg ps move and camera.
Please stop asking the same questions.

Paz

If I read another person asking whether a certain game has remote play, I'm going to scream. All games have remote play!!! Unless they require a peripheral that is not compatible with vita- eg ps move and camera.
Please stop asking the same questions.

I wonder if people will remote play the ps4 version or play the native Vita version of games released both ways, and with cross-save support you can swap back and forth for maximum gameception :p

B.O.O.M

The parental control icon is a nice touch. Really helps me a great deal. Can't let my nieces play Hotline Miami lol

ps: I know it was already there but now it's much easier to access and use

Ogawa-san

Downloaded the update, but transferring anything over from the PS3 to the PS Vita took a little too long and I couldn't be bothered after that.
Vita's memory stick low speeds plus whatever encryption/decryption it does will bottleneck all kinds of backup down to 10MB/s at very best.

It pisses me off that we're paying premium price for a MS that's beaten in performance by any USB stick you can find on a dusty Walmart discount bin, but whatever.

Takao

Banned

Rixa

Is Playstation store download list scrolling with Vita still pain?
Ia mean, when you scroll your dl list and click dl to game, after that you go back to list to newest entry, how hard it would be to go same place where you just clicked that "Download".

Have they fixed this? (prolly not)

SmokyDave

Damn, I wish I'd bought my Vita to work. I want that PS4 icon. I'll just gaze at it until I can get my grubby mitts on a PS4, but it'll be a loving gaze.

After I updated I dragged some bubbles around, dragged a game across pages and it left the game bubble in two places at once. After uploading the save, I tried deleting one bubble to see what happened, the other bubble stayed there but crashed with a library corrupt message. Anyone seen this before? I've not managed to replicate it.

Is Playstation store download list scrolling with Vita still pain?
Ia mean, when you scroll your dl list and click dl to game, after that you go back to list to newest entry, how hard it would be to go same place where you just clicked that "Download".

Have they fixed this? (prolly not)

I've not had a vita for long but yes it's a pain. A vita downloads only filter would be much appreciated.
Fortunately there's another alternative, you can use the store website to queue up downloads to your vita.

Bishop89

How do u transfer data with wifi? Apparently I have to turn "connect ps vita system using network" on, but it isn't listed in the system settings menu

Piccoro

Almost certainly Japan-only. The PocketStation was never released in the west, so most of the PS1 games it was compatible with removed the functionality for their localization.
Yea, I know thank you. Will download Pocket in my JP psn later.

Damn I just arrived at work, and now I be anxious all day to get home and try the update! :p

Question: I left my Vita at home turned off. Had I left it in stand-by mode, would it automatically download this update? I remember I enabled the option Auto-Start in the settings. Does it download updates automatically, like in PS3?

Also, I see some people here saying that the PS3 remote play has been improved? How? That's a feature I would like to use more in the future...

Takao

Banned
PS+ allows you download Vita game updates while in standby like PS3. This update (3.0) allows Vita to automatically download firmware updates.

Hanmik

PS+ allows you download Vita game updates while in standby like PS3. This update (3.0) allows Vita to automatically download firmware updates.

you mean firmware for normal people (non plussers)? because my Vita normally always downloads FW updates over night..

sono

Gold Member
Browser still is very slow on Wifi browsing NeoGaf individual thread pages as you scroll down through them

jiggles

Banned
Not increasing the app limit is pretty shitty when they add two more mandatory icons.

Can I have 100 on one memory card and 50 on another and just switch cards?

jwk94

I wonder if people will remote play the ps4 version or play the native Vita version of games released both ways, and with cross-save support you can swap back and forth for maximum gameception :p

I was going to make a joke about how I'd probably be the only one Remote Playing the PS4 version of Cactus but then I realized that there isn't Cross-Play so I don't think that'd be the case. With Remote Play, you can still play with you friends locally, but from the comfort of your Vita.

Certinty

Anyone going to try and connect their Vita to a demo PS4 unit in a retail store or something? I would but I have none near me. :(

I don't understand why Parental Controls needed its own icon or why Remote Play needs two icons... otherwise it does what it says.

Parental controls are probably for the parents who buy their kids a PS4. I guess Remote Play needs two separate apps because the PS3 and PS4 are too different. In any case, I put the parental controls and PS3 Remote Play in my Junk bubble.

Top Bottom