• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - Review Thread

FunkMiller

Rift Apart being good doesn't say anything about how great Forbidden West and GoW will be. They are all great devs and will all make great games.

If Rift Apart is a fabulous game, with new gameplay techniques and mechanics that have been employed because of the Ps5’s unique architecture - then you’re going to get a lot of people asking a lot of questions. Quite rightly.

But time will (shortly) tell...

Last edited:
If Rift Apart is a fabulous game, with new gameplay techniques and mechanics that have been employed because of the Ps5’s unique architecture - then you’re going to get a lot of people asking a lot of questions. Quite rightly.

Its still running jumping and shooting same as its been for 40+ years. What else is there?

Mr Moose

tenor.png

FingerBang

Not all games need to reinvent the wheel. And again, no way in hell a game that takes 5 years of development would come out in 2021 for PS5 or XSX

Banjo64

cumsessed
It's hilarious how people think games deserve a certain score before even playing it.

I'm fully expecting ratchet to be minimum 80s based on what's seen, but if someone rates it 7.... Who gives a fuck. It's an opinion.
In to the Nexus is one of the worst received Ratchet games but one of my favs.

GuinGuin

Banned

Horizon was a new franchise and GoW was a reboot. They weren't going to spend an extra 2 years developing new technology and reinventing every gameplay system to maximize a console that was still on the drawing board when the sequels started production. They will he great games that build on the systems the originals put in place and will look fantastic. Not every game needs a Rift mechanic to be next gen.

Kiraly

I don't really care about his opinion but he's a fairly popular MS influencer / shill that can modify discourse on social media platforms like Twitter. If he says the game is 'meh' that's all the ammo other Xbox influencers will need to fling their shit around all day.
He gave it a 5/5 hahaha

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
89 Metacritic 49 reviews in HOLY FUCK Insomniac you fucking Gods

Last edited:

Reindeer

IGN reviewer said Rift Apart keeps up with Incredibles 2 in visual department ahahahahahahahaha! Don't get me wrong, it's one of the best looking games ever made, but Incredibles 2? No chance. Just shows how hype can make some people delusional.

Last edited:

SinDelta

Nice to hear good stuff about Rift Apart, game looks real nifty.

So what's a good intro to the Ratchet series leading up to this one for when I someday get a PS5? Original or remake of the first one?

Last edited:
IGN reviewer said Rift Apart keeps up with Incredibles 2 in visual department ahahahahahahahaha! Don't get me wrong, it's one of the best looking games ever made, but Incredibles 2? No chance. Just shows how hype can make some people delusional.
Calm down ! Wait till you see it on your own tv then you be the judge.

Top Bottom