• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad |OT| You're already dead... by friendly fire

Relax.MX

First time i can play 1 hour without crash(and my second time but the last time i onlyplay like a 10 min) and was a blast!!!

Druz

Latest patch made it pretty great though anytime the map changes my audio cuts out and I need to restart the game.

Blair

Banned
Hah, i swear this game is fucking with my internet. 2 times i have joined a server and it gives me server is full then my internet throws a wobbly. Great game though, can't stop playing.

DTKT

Man, the awful performance is getting on my nerves.

What's worse is that there is no guarantee that it will ever be fixed. I'm sure it's a nightmare to actually find what's really causing it.

Salsa

DTKT said:
What's worse is that there is no guarantee that it will ever be fixed.

you mean more guarantee than the guys working on it are very community driven and PC-only devs?

you should post your issues on their forums.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I was on the Goon server and scored my 100th kill, except it gave me a bunch of achievements. 3 Tank, 3 pistol, 250th kill, and the 2nd melee up.

Should I be worried?

Qwomo

There is nothing more exhilarating than running through a building bayonetting dudes. My record so far is 7 guys in one go. It's a great way to clear a building room-by-room!

THNK-AARRUGH

I feel a bit mean doing it, but I turned the music off. It sounds really tacky in spots, and it gets really irritating on the German side. Has anyone else had it play the dramatic "DUUUUUUUUUN!" stinger while your team is losing, only to have it play again before the first one has finished?

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
shintoki said:
I was on the Goon server and scored my 100th kill, except it gave me a bunch of achievements. 3 Tank, 3 pistol, 250th kill, and the 2nd melee up.

Should I be worried?

Haha, I got a supply achievement for icing some guy point-blank on KFG the other night.

Qwomo

BigJiantRobut said:
I feel a bit mean doing it, but I turned the music off. It sounds really tacky in spots, and it gets really irritating on the German side. Has anyone else had it play the dramatic "DUUUUUUUUUN!" stinger while your team is losing, only to have it play again before the first one has finished?
Yeah I turned it off in the beta. Some of it is quite nice, and I love the idea of music in multiplayer, but it kinda drowns out voicechat and sounds like MIDI music half the time.

Qwomo said:
Yeah I turned it off in the beta. Some of it is quite nice, and I love the idea of music in multiplayer, but it kinda drowns out voicechat and sounds like MIDI music half the time.

I think most of it is MIDI, which certainly doesn't help.

shintoki said:

Should I be worried?

Exact same thing happened to me a few pages back, haha.

Llyranor

Mkb42 tried to kill me in close quarters. I get out of harm's way and patch up, then I quickly hunt him down as he's reloading and introduce him to Mr Bayonet. Then I loot his weapon and use it against his team. THAT's how you deal with those overpowered weapons, YEAH!

Been playing with SalsaShark, having a blast with the machine gun. Got 32 kills keeping the Germans at bay on Grain Elevator. Meanwhile salsa admired the Russian architecture:

csb2i.png

spicy cho

As things are right now the soviets are inferior to the wehrmacht in virtually every facet of the game. I don't really get the mkb whining however, because it's just an mp40 replacement and frankly they are both equally devastating in capable hands. Axis has better automatic weapons, pistols, tanks, everything. The only thing I prefer with the soviets is the mosin nagant because it has better ironsights than the kar98, and the grenades because they're harder to spot.

I realize that a lot of people enjoy RO for its realism but they really need to give some leeway in regards to the automatic weapons. The AVT kicks like a mule and is utterly useless, and the ppsh is in better shape but is still crap compared to the axis counterparts. You basically need to aim at the soldiers feet, fire a burst and let the recoil do the work for you. I think they should revert the ppsh's recoil back to where it was in the beta to even the playing field a little. Oh and bring out the t34 because the current tank just doesn't hold up at all.

spicy cho said:
As things are right now the soviets are inferior to the wehrmacht in virtually every facet of the game. I don't really get the mkb whining however, because it's just an mp40 replacement and frankly they are both equally devastating in capable hands. Axis has better automatic weapons, pistols, tanks, everything. The only thing I prefer with the soviets is the mosin nagant because it has better ironsights than the kar98, and the grenades because they're harder to spot.

I realize that a lot of people enjoy RO for its realism but they really need to give some leeway in regards to the automatic weapons. The AVT kicks like a mule and is utterly useless, and the ppsh is in better shape but is still crap compared to the axis counterparts. You basically need to aim at the soldiers feet, fire a burst and let the recoil do the work for you. I think they should revert the ppsh's recoil back to where it was in the beta to even the playing field a little. Oh and bring out the t34 because the current tank just doesn't hold up at all.
The MKb is an MP40 with better stopping power, better penetration, higher accuracy (at least feels like it) and semi auto. The AVT on the other hand, like you already said, is utterly useless in full auto. Imo it's worse than MP40 vs. PPSh, the latter at least has the upper hand in close quarters where the recoil is possible to handle.

shintoki said:

Should I be worried?

Yup same thing just happened to me. Got a rifle kill and suddenly 8 achievements popped up at once, including stuff I definitely have not done in the game.

Steam refunded the game for me. Was surprised they did so, took them a 4 days to do so though. Will buy this when its in the sale, by which time it should be patched to awesomeness.

Tambini

Quick GAF!

I've heard this game is bugged to hell but I can either buy it now or not..and it does look good..

Is it that bad?

Tambini said:
Quick GAF!

I've heard this game is bugged to hell but I can either buy it now or not..and it does look good..

Is it that bad?

I bought this today on a whim. If your buying retail then be warned, you still have to download around 8Gb from steam. I wasn't happy about this

Just another two hours downloading and I can play it, finally

vocab

I got my game looking like COD1 with some bright ass visibility. No more blind man squinting into a dark corridor for me.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
vocab said:
I got my game looking like COD1 with some bright ass visibility. No more blind man squinting into a dark corridor for me.

was this a problem for every map or only one? There's one map where interiors are very dark (forgot the title), but that's the way it should be. It's ok for me on other maps.

AcridMeat

Banned
Relax.MX said:
After the last patch i can play soooo good and the game its excellent jeje the satisfaction of killing is unbeatable

Seriously. I played only 20-30 minutes late last night but I got a kill with a gun whose scope I didn't like at all. Felt so good to see that 108m pop up.

I couldn't see where anyone was if they weren't in the cable cars though.

Dakota47

New patch incoming:

Ramm-Jaeger said:
We've got an update uploaded to Valve that should be released today. The update includes the following changes:

- fixed DDE content being awarded when it should/shouldn't be
- fixed RO1 content being awarded when it should/shouldn't be
- fixed the server browser not responding after disconnecting from a game
- removed MKB/AVT from Squad Leaders/Commanders, only Assault gets it now
And an update released yesterday included an undocumented change:
- improved performance for the Ultra setting

And before anyone asks - no it does not fix/change every other possible thing under the sun :) It fixes what it says it fixes, nothing more, nothing less. We're chewing through the issues as fast as we can, and you'll probably see another update on Monday.

vocab

subversus said:
was this a problem for every map or only one? There's one map where interiors are very dark (forgot the title), but that's the way it should be. It's ok for me on other maps.

almost every map. Some were manageable, but I almost lost it when I went up a pair of stairs and got lost in the darkness.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
vocab said:
almost every map. Some were manageable, but I almost lost it when I went up a pair of stairs and got lost in the darkness.

hm, it's strange.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Liking the game much better now that I've gotten much better. Being an effective commander, sniper, or machine gunner is still tough for me, but last night I played some really good Rifleman games. We were getting owned in the Trainyard map (forgot the exact name) by the German offensive and they quickly capped all the points (mode was Territory), but for a good 15 minutes we held them off of the last cap point. Even though we lost, I was so proud that we held them off that long.

Rufus

vocab said:
I got all the tank MG achievements, and I never killed anyone from a tank yet.
Same, got them with some others I should have gotten a lot earlier.

The kill milestone for 250 is weird too, since the icon actually shows 100.

Sober

Damn, the MP40 just feels so right. I feel so ashamed, because I really should stop sucking with the bolt-actions and this will only make it worse.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Finally getting the hang of the anti-tank rifle because I kept compensating for some artificial bullet drop whereas my distance was perfectly fine. Such a nasty weapon when you see an enemy out in the open though. "That concrete wall you're hiding behind won't save you friend."

Sober said:
Damn, the MP40 just feels so right. I feel so ashamed, because I really should stop sucking with the bolt-actions and this will only make it worse.
MP40 Squad Leader is a favourite rollout. My only problem is that my squad won't spawn on me when I am infiltrating a building, though I imagine a some of that would be put to blame on my lack of voice communication.

Top Bottom