• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall – “Welcome to Redfall” Official Trailer

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Looks better every time they show. Still don't like the character design, but the gameplay looks promising.

Kev Kev

Couldnt even finish the trailer. These people should do a master class on how to make the most uninteresting, generic trailers possible.

I’ll wait for some let’s plays and streams after the game releases. I think it’s going to be good but the trailers they’ve released aren’t doing it any justice. Video game trailers in general need to re-fuckin think up the way they do things. Make them interesting and show us what the game and gameplay actually is for fucks sake.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
I'm really confused as to where people are getting these L4D comparisons from....

I'm also confused why people seem to think this will be bad? Has Arkane released a bad game yet?

Or do people just like hating everything now :p

People love to downplay Xbox exclusives, this is Left 4 Dead, Starfield is No Man's Sky, Forza looks orange was the best they could do for that one, it's pretty sad and desperate.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
People love to downplay Xbox exclusives, this is Left 4 Dead, Starfield is No Man's Sky, Forza looks orange was the best they could do for that one, it's pretty sad and desperate.
L4D is not downplaying Redfall. Thats a flattering comparison that would be a best case scenario.

Dane

Honestly, this games remind me a bit more of Stalker, this has nothing to do with Left 4 Dead that people kept pushing even if it wasn't true.

Topher

Gold Member

Miles Morales is DLC. Aloy is fat. GoT is a Ubisoft clone.

It isn't just Xbox exclusives. Plenty of downplaying all around and just as bad.

Leyasu

Banned
Looks nothing like l4d. Where the fuck is that even coming from?

This better be dedicated servers though. From what they said about host’s and stuff, I am a bit “concerned”

Topher

Gold Member

This better be dedicated servers though. From what they said about host’s and stuff, I am a bit “concerned”

Because four player co-op versus monsters I'm guessing. That's where it ends really though...

left-4-dead-1600-ed.jpg
WCCFredfall1.jpg

Punished Miku

Gold Member

Must be the 4 player co-op FPS against undead with four unique characters thing. People sure are idiots.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
You really do live in a little bubble of your own creation huh?
And your in here because?
Miles Morales is DLC. Aloy is fat. GoT is a Ubisoft clone.

It isn't just Xbox exclusives. Plenty of downplaying all around and just as bad.
He never said it was only xbox exclusives.
Not saying your saying this, but 2 wrongs dont make a right.

Shmunter

Exactly.

If I'm not interested in something I just don't go in the thread or don't feel the need to comment.
You do you girl. I express reactions to games as I see fit in a place to discuss games. But looking forward to you brightening up the place with nothing but positivity.

I’m so sorry this happens to be a game you love.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I dunno. I don't think we should be discouraging people from sharing their disappointment in something. Now if they clearly had no interest and have expressed that in similar threads and still click on a thread promoting the game, or their contribution is a scintillating "Meh." - I can see trying to push people to be a bit more substantial in their contributions.

. . .but yeah, if the argument is "this isn't Dishonored" or "The devs have a gun to their head, only way this is being made" - meh.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Maybe the actual game will be decent, but none of the videos and trailers do anything for me. Just looks super generic.

You playing as a vampire with various fun powers would have been more interesting.

Sosokrates

You do you girl. I express reactions to games as I see fit in a place to discuss games. But looking forward to you brightening up the place with nothing but positivity.

I’m so sorry this happens to be a game you love.

All you have done is reactionary posts to riky in here. You are more interested on that then praising or critiquing the game this thread is about.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Not only Deathloop isn't Arkane's best game, it's not even their best game with time loop mechanic (that title would go to Prey: Mooncrash).
I wonder what % of journous that showered Deathloop with 10/10 actually played Mooncrash.
I played Deathloop to completion and it's 7/10 game at best. Why? Because there's only one way to complete it and the solution is telegraphed to you. That's a huge step back from Mooncrash.
And your opinion is just as valid as theirs.
But your opinion isnt any more real than theirs, those reviewers that played it seemed to love it.
Personally I dont think its a 9/10 game but in the world of metacritic/opencritic that pretty much drives what wins GOTY(at TGA) atleast.
Dont be too hung up on the review score.

Why would anyone play solo if it's got coop?

Join me if you guys got no friends. We both can play in silence but observe each other's silly stuff like we do here.
Solo so you can level our character without the pressure of carrying/being carried by your team.
And also if you want to play a sneakier or slower playthrough but your coop guests want to fuck shit up....you are pretty screwed.
So id rather take my first few runs at my own pace have a couple of good builds set up, then join coop for madness.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Thank god it is not Xbox exclusive.

Shmunter

All you have done is reactionary posts to riky in here. You are more interested on that then praising or critiquing the game this thread is about.
What are you talking about? Some people critique the game, as I did, and Ricky comes in white knighting Xbox dismissing any negative reactions to a GAME proclaiming such opinions only exist because it’s an Xbox game. Huh!?!

The implication is, no one dare criticise anything related to Xbox. How is that helpful? It’s some kind of perverse trolling in its own right.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
What are you talking about? Some people critique the game, as I did, and Ricky comes in white knighting Xbox dismissing any negative reactions to a GAME must be because it’s an Xbox game. Huh!?!

The implication is, no one dare criticise anything related to Xbox. How is that helpful? It’s some kind of perverse trolling in its own right.

Nah we can all se it, in every Xbox thread. Halo, Forza, Redfall and Starfield just recently, it's pretty embarrassing to see the same people doing it over and over.

Sosokrates

What are you talking about? Some people critique the game, as I did, and Ricky comes in white knighting Xbox dismissing any negative reactions to a GAME must be because it’s an Xbox game. Huh!?!

My mistake, missed your post on page 1.

But dont feel to bad, i addressed starswift doing an antagonising post of "concerned gamers incoming" or something like that in a ps+ thread, and I got piled on and thread banned.

Kev Kev

Literally what this trailer is.
i honestly have no idea what the game is going to be from these two trailers. hell we have people arguing in this very thread whether it is or isnt a L4D clone.

it doesnt show nearly enough. instead of being mostly longer cuts of gameplay and game mechanics, it focuses on giving you quick cuts of adrenaline pumping, vanilla, cinematic hollywood shlock.

clarky

Gold Member

For a PVE game dedicated servers don't matter so much, imo of course.

clarky

Gold Member
i honestly have no idea what the game is going to be from these two trailers. hell we have people arguing in this very thread whether it is or isnt a L4D clone.

it doesnt show nearly enough. instead of being mostly longer cuts of gameplay and game mechanics, it focuses on giving you quick cuts of adrenaline pumping, vanilla, cinematic hollywood shlock.
The games 6-9 months out im sure we'll know a load more before release.

Riky

$MSFT

It's all here in this interview, how it's not Left 4 Dead, how they wanted to work on it and how it's full of Arkane DNA.

Basically all the things people are " concerned" about have already been disproven.

Last edited:

Isn't L4D.

No vampire hoards.

Instead vampires have movesets. Arkane can get very creative with enemy design.

Kev Kev

The games 6-9 months out im sure we'll know a load more before release.
thats fine! but these two trailers suck dick. lol. thats all im saying. the game behind the dick sucking trailers looks pretty cool! i wish they would have shown more of that

and in general, get rid of the adrenaline pumping, in your face trailers for games. just full stop, stand up, sit back down, stand back up and get out of here with that nonsense. it sucks. thats mainly all im saying.

as far as just the game, yeah hopefully they release some really gameplay heavy stuff over the next 6-9 months.

it looks interesting if i turn the volume down lol, but i just cant stand these tropey trailers.
Isn't L4D.

No vampire hoards.

Instead vampires have movesets. Arkane can get very creative with enemy design.
thanks!

what you mean move sets? like from software bosses that have particular moves you have to memorize?

Top Bottom