• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall – “Welcome to Redfall” Official Trailer

clarky

Gold Member
Makes me laugh when people like you cannot handle criticism of games because it's on their system. It really drags the place down when opinion cannot be expressed without blinkered defenders like yourself continually jumping in with hurt feeling trying to deflect and shut down conversation. This thread is about the game, not your favorite toy.

This you trolling again? Quite the history.

Nothing more distasteful than a hypocrite labeling others what he himself is. Whatever I scraped off my sneaker after the morning jog had more of my respect. Don't address me again looser.
Post like this really bring the place down. Nobody gives a shit.

clarky

Gold Member
Looks like it's going to be yet another quality release from Arkane.
Yup, the intial reveal cgi from last year did zero for me but looks like its shaping up nicely.

GOW 2 and MWII to end the year then (hopefully) MS bring the goods with this, forza and Starfield into next. You never know Halo might finally get into 2nd gear as well.
Good times ahead.

Ozriel

M$FT
maxresdefault.jpg

Without the PVP.

Might need to change your glasses prescription. Because Redfall and Bleeding Edge look nothing alike.
Lots of great 4th of July deals for frames.

Looks like a pretty shit ubisoft far cry clone with cooldowns as expected. Suicide Squad will destroy this, not worth the time

Not sure what this has got to do with Suicide Squad.

Sygma

Well that's an original take, Far Cry? Really? And what on earth does Suicide squad have to do with anything? LOL.

🤡

4 players co op that you can play alone in both cases, and in the case of Squad you can swap of character at any point when playing alone. Sure tho it's not a fps but there'll also be loot / rarities tiers and stuff plus squad has a lot of mobility options / looked more interesting to play to begin with

Redfall looks like utter trash and yes it looks like far cry with outposts to bring down (showed in summer games), bad sound effects and whatnot. Doesn't seem interesting to play either outside of the power cool downs per character. Honestly despite the good reviews for their game Arkane hasn't made anything actually good since death of the outsider

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
4 players co op that you can play alone in both cases, and in the case of Squad you can swap of character at any point when playing alone. Sure tho it's not a fps but there'll also be loot / rarities tiers and stuff plus squad has a lot of mobility options / looked more interesting to play to begin with

You should really have stopped making this weird comparison once you realized both games are in dramatically different genres, with different themes and tones

Might as well compare Redfall to Sea of Thieves since it supports solo play, 4 play coop and loot.

Redfall looks like utter trash and yes it looks like far cry with outposts to bring down (showed in summer games), bad sound effects and whatnot. Doesn't seem interesting to play either outside of the power cool downs per character. Honestly despite the good reviews for their game Arkane hasn't made anything actually good since death of the outsider

I presume this means you’ll be staying out of Redfall threads in the future?

samoilaaa

Horrible.

How have we come from amazing immersive sims to this trash ?
its because of us , the consumers
prey and dishonored 2 sold like crap , why should gamers use their brains to find different paths , solve puzzles or how to avoid an obstacle when you can just shoot things like a brainless monkey

Last edited:

reksveks

its because of us , the consumers
prey and dishonored 2 sold like crap
Basically yeah, consumers don't like to
think about their role in product development. I think it's a bit weird when you go deeper and start thinking about what consumers/us could really do.

Pelta88

Might need to change your glasses prescription. Because Redfall and Bleeding Edge look nothing alike.
Lots of great 4th of July deals for frames.

I'm talking about the uninspiring genericness, not similarities in visual aesthetic. It looks like fodder. I expect the game to follow the same trajectory as BE. Celebrated launch numbers and the community to be desolate within 3 months.

We can make an avatar bet if you think I'm wrong.

I liked the Arkane games I played before but this ain't it. If this wasn't an exclusive or if MS had more exclusive coming soon no one would be talking about it, looks about as generic as a multiplayer game can look (not unlike that Hyenas game SEGA announced recently).

Last edited:
Another one. Thanks for coming into a thread to let everyone know you have no interest in the game.

We can all breathe easy now knowing youll not be playing.
You're welcome. Who knows, I might play since it's on Gamepass. Just because the game hasn't made a good impression so far doesn't mean it will definitely be bad when it releases.

You seem to be taking it personally man, it's just a game, relax.

Last edited:

Wildebeest

Maybe if the game made a positive impression, there would be something intelligent and upbeat sounding to say about it, but it just doesn't. Maybe it will find an active user base of people who just love everything about it, but if it came to me, I would tell them to rethink from the start and reuse what they can. Probably get rid of the dumb looking vampires for a start. Vampires are kinky sex fantasies for girls, not cool enemies for shooters. Then either shit on the pot or get off, make it coop only or Single Player focussed. Don't say it is a deep single player experience, but make all the marketing look like it is a casual coop game with zero depth. Also, the art direction for this game is a mess, even if the art assets are high quality. It doesn't look clean or visually appealing. I don't want to look at it.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I'm talking about the uninspiring genericness, not similarities in visual aesthetic. It looks like fodder. I expect the game to follow the same trajectory as BE. Celebrated launch numbers and the community to be desolate within 3 months.

But the game doesn't look, feel, play, or even is the same genre as BE. This is such a weird comparison.

CitizenZ

Banned
Looks like it's going to be yet another quality release from Arkane.

The brains behind their success is gone. They will never be Arkane again and the cracks were already showing with Dishonored 2. As one of my favorite devs of all time, its like when the Drs left Bioware, when you have creative leaders leave after a decade+ the results are usually what we see here, safe and predictable. I guess the test is this, if this game is announced and no dev is attached would anyone would have guessed its an Arkane game? No.

adamsapple

The brains behind their success is gone. They will never be Arkane again and the cracks were already showing with Dishonored 2. As one of my favorite devs of all time, its like when the Drs left Bioware, when you have creative leaders leave after a decade+ the results are usually what we see here, safe and predictable. I guess the test is this, if this game is announced and no dev is attached would anyone would have guessed its an Arkane game? No.

Redfall is Arkane's most ambitious game to date, going by their own directors, so this just seems like a bit of an over reaction.

Don't forget there were a lot of "this looks like a generic space shooter" like comments before Prey 2016 as well. And that game ended up being such a great experience.

DarthPutin

Personally I am not saying the game will be bad, it will be probably high quality.

I am just sad that this style is so IN nowadays: kind of modern Americana with a side of hipster cringe.

If they had to have vampires, how about setting the story in "Dark Gothic" Prague in mid-XIX century, overrun by supernatural threat like vampires, golems and such. We could kill them with various bizarre weapons and alchemy, while investigating the conspiracy behind their appearance with allusions to real life history, exploring historical city locations.

Or, if they want something more modern and "diverse", how about postapocalyptic Rio overrun by vampires and jungle life? It is an incredibly beautiful city with some bizarre examples of modern architecture, staggering amount of classical architecture, mesmerizing wild nature and all kinds of possibilities. Favela vampires vs. Barra da Tijuca vampires, vampires (who in mythos often can control animals) controlling wild monkeys and jaguars... (yes, I know that jaguars aren't running around actual Rio).

Just about anything is more interesting than another small american/canadian etc town.

Ozriel

M$FT

‘Looks like fodder’ was what people kept saying about Deathloop last year. Then it swept GOTY awards.

Nothing about this game looks ‘generic’.

One or two people left. Imagine claiming those folks were responsible for everything at Arkane.

When creative leads leave, usually their trained and highly experience protégés step in. You think Miyamoto’s been the one making Mario games in recent years?

According to some of you, most game studios will collapse in 20 years when their creative leads eventually retire 😂

Not sure how you can claim they’re one of your favorite devs and yet you’re dismissing the multitude of interviews they’ve given about Redfall where they’ve stated how they’ve filled the game with their usual Arkane DNA.

Mister Wolf

Hopefully they give me a RTGI option for PC. Or at the very least SSGI. DLSS and TAAU/TSR should be included as well. They are using Unreal Engine 5 so all of the stuff is readily available. No excuse not to.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
I liked the Arkane games I played before but this ain't it. If this wasn't an exclusive or if MS had more exclusive coming soon no one would be talking about it, looks about as generic as a multiplayer game can look (not unlike that Hyenas game SEGA announced recently).

“Despite being a game from a well respected developer whose last game was GOTY 2021, nobody would be talking about Redfall if it wasn’t an xbox exclusive” 😂

Looks like ‘generic’ is the new meaningless buzzword for de-marketing games on GAF. You might also consider mixing it up with ‘soulless’ every so often.

Sygma

You should really have stopped making this weird comparison once you realized both games are in dramatically different genres, with different themes and tones

Might as well compare Redfall to Sea of Thieves since it supports solo play, 4 play coop and loot.

I presume this means you’ll be staying out of Redfall threads in the future?

No I say whatever I want when it's relevant, difference being redfall is a fps so it's mostly a perspective change affecting the use of environment / gunplay

Tell me anything special the game is doing and why people are hyped up. Vampires, loot, 4 players co op, skill trees and cooldowns. Literally wow. There doesn't seem to be a lot of mobility, and there are strongholds / outposts and stuff

I mean if that's what people like more power to them, to me in terms of content / elements of gameplay there's no justification for trying it

For co op oriented fps I'll just wait for darktide

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Tell me anything special the game is doing and why people are hyped up. Vampires, loot, 4 players co op, skill trees and cooldowns. Literally wow. There doesn't seem to be a lot of mobility, and there are strongholds / outposts and stuff

I mean if that's what people like more power to them, to me in terms of content / elements of gameplay there's no justification for trying it

It’s like Konami announcing a new Metal Gear game and someone popping up with “super soldier sneaks around, hides and kills people. Wow”

But I hope someone at Arkane sees your posts so they can strap jet packs on them to give you the ‘mobility’ you want. Or maybe a grappling hook?

Mister Wolf

No I say whatever I want when it's relevant, difference being redfall is a fps so it's mostly a perspective change affecting the use of environment / gunplay

For co op oriented fps I'll just wait for darktide

What other up to 4 player drop in drop out co-op open world/sandbox story driven looter shooters do you know of besides Borderlands?

Last edited:

Sygma

That is some apex CAP right there..rofl
Take a hike.

Nah don't think I will. Deathloop was disappointing / mediocre, prey was petty bad (only good aspect of it was mooncrash), and they also got involved with wolfenstein Youngblood which let's face it was also shit

Waiting for the days they ll get back to dark fantasy rpgs because the kind of body awareness present in recent arkane games is unique but it doesn't make good games on its own

SteadyEvo

Can’t wait for this trend of forced online coop ends. Please focus on well paced and fleshed out single player games. I get the sense that the story will be paper thin just pushing players ahead to shoot more vampires.

Topher

Gold Member
Tell me anything special the game is doing and why people are hyped up. Vampires, loot, 4 players co op, skill trees and cooldowns. Literally wow.

Not sure why anyone has to justify their hype for a game. And while this game isn't doing anything revolutionary, it is the kind of game a lot of people like to play. If you don't think this game is for you then that's fine. Not every game is for everyone.

Can’t wait for this trend of forced online coop ends. Please focus on well paced and fleshed out single player games. I get the sense that the story will be paper thin just pushing players ahead to shoot more vampires.

This game isn't forced online coop.

Sygma

What other up to 4 player drop in drop out co-op open world/sandbox story driven looter shooters do you know of besides Borderlands?

They're not looter shooters / fps but on the top of my head : state of decay, division franchise, ghost recon franchise. Akin to redfall in co-op its borderlands / far cry to an extent

Sygma

Not sure why anyone has to justify their hype for a game. And while this game isn't doing anything revolutionary, it is the kind of game a lot of people like to play. If you don't think this game is for you then that's fine. Not every game is for everyone.

This game isn't forced online coop.
Yeah that's why I'm saying I don't get it and that I'll wait for suicide squad instead

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Yea

Yeah looks great, not sure where the negative comments are coming from? Single player or Coop its ticking all the right boxes IMO. Looks like the PS fanboys are just a tad salty if you ask me.

Looks great based on these shots? Even Half Life 2 looked better then these screenshots. Not going to want to bitch on this games, but everyone thought exactly the same with back 4 blood that it would be the new Lef4Dead.

adamsapple

Looks great based on these shots? Even Half Life 2 looked better then these screenshots. Not going to want to bitch on this games, but everyone thought exactly the same with back 4 blood that it would be the new Lef4Dead.

This game is not forced co-op.

This game is also nothing like back 4 blood or left 4 dead.

This is some of the laziest attempt at trolls, you don't even know what the game is in the first place.

Last edited:
“Despite being a game from a well respected developer whose last game was GOTY 2021, nobody would be talking about Redfall if it wasn’t an xbox exclusive” 😂

Looks like ‘generic’ is the new meaningless buzzword for de-marketing games on GAF. You might also consider mixing it up with ‘soulless’ every so often.
Hazelight Studios is making this game? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I really don't understand how you guys can get so bothered by someone simply not liking this game (a game that clearly doesn't stand out in any way among the sea of 'soulless' multiplayer games like this). Were you bothered when people didn't like Evolve, Back 4 Blood or Predator Hunting Grounds too?

Last edited:

CitizenZ

Banned
‘Looks like fodder’ was what people kept saying about Deathloop last year. Then it swept GOTY awards.

Nothing about this game looks ‘generic’.

One or two people left. Imagine claiming those folks were responsible for everything at Arkane.

When creative leads leave, usually their trained and highly experience protégés step in. You think Miyamoto’s been the one making Mario games in recent years?

According to some of you, most game studios will collapse in 20 years when their creative leads eventually retire 😂

Not sure how you can claim they’re one of your favorite devs and yet you’re dismissing the multitude of interviews they’ve given about Redfall where they’ve stated how they’ve filled the game with their usual Arkane DNA.

Hows that working out for DICE, 343, Bioware, Blizzard, ubisoft etc., etc., etc. And If one person isnt a big deal than why are you crying that replacing a CEO, who has no creativity or has a clue, would make a difference?

It didn't swept GoTY awards in any way, if any game did that last year it was It Takes Two. Where are you getting this narrative from, even Forza Horizon 5 won more awards despite being a racing game.

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
This game is not forced co-op.

This game is also nothing like back 4 blood or left 4 dead.

This is some of the laziest attempt at trolls, you don't even know what the game is in the first place.

Then what is it or what does it want to be?

you don't even know what the game is in the first place.

Ow then tell me what it is, because based on what we've seen it's a co-op shooter just like the other co-op fps shooters.

Topher

Gold Member

Ow then tell me what it is, because based on what we've seen it's a co-op shooter just like the other co-op fps shooters.

As others have said, it is probably more comparable to Borderlands. Single player or 4 player coop open world looter/shooter.

adamsapple

It's an open world game you can play either completely solo, or with co-op up to 4 players. There's no forced co-op, there are no forced AI team mates if you want to play solo. You can play it completely solo like any other single player first person campaign.

It's a story based game, not a level to level check point game like L4D or B4B. The closest similarity to the game you can say is Borderlands with an open-ish world mission structure.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
It didn't swept GoTY awards in any way, if any game did that last year it was It Takes Two. Where are you getting this narrative from, even Forza Horizon 5 won more awards despite being a racing game.

Slot in ‘35 GOTY awards’ in my previous comment and it still has the same impact.

Glad you went and counted, though.

Hazelight Studios is making this game? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I really don't understand how you guys can get so bothered by someone simply not liking this game (a game that clearly doesn't stand out in any way among the sea of 'soulless' multiplayer games like this). Were you bothered when people didn't like Evolve, Back 4 Blood or Predator Hunting Grounds too?

on the contrary. Good faith critique is always important and should be welcomed.

Comments from folks with a history of making bad-faith, disparaging comments in threads about Xbox exclusives might attract derisive responses

Outlandish stuff like comparing Redfall to Bleeding Edge will always be laughed at.

Last edited:

Wildebeest

Deathloop. 75% user score on steam. A multiplayer game flatlining at about 400 concurrent players, with a small bump to about 500 from 60% off steam sale. This game also had very confusing marketing where it seemed like it was everywhere but still impossible to work out what it actually was or who would want it. Anyone actually thought that critic scores and game award nominations are reflected in reality? A lot of the people who love games like this are the sort of people who get games for free or know the people who make them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom