• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RedFall First Gameplay Trailer Revealed, Coming in 2023

recursive

Lol.
hQMwCQQ.jpg

Kacho

What's with the music and narration? Could have been a cool reveal but the tone of the entire thing was so off-putting
This is the tone and style Zoomers like. The more inoffensive and bland the better. Reminds me a lot of the Saints Row reboot.

Lognor

Banned
I'm still really not sure who's this for. It's too bloody for kids, too kiddy for adults, too Gen Z for older folks, too old-school for younger folks, too cringe for normal people, too straight for edge lords, and the writing is probably the worst I've seen in a long time.

I foresee a rock solid 6/10 ahead.
I'm 40 and it looked great to me. Why do you say it's too kiddy? Is stranger things kiddy too because it focuses on kids? Sounds like a YOU problem.

Didn't really light me with excitement like I would typically get with an Arkane title. But because they make the most underrated games around, I'll give it a fair shake regardless. I adored Prey, Dishonored 1+2, and if they can keep some of those same emergent design philosophies within a co-op environment, I could see it being a damn good time. I look forward to seeing more of it in the future.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I hated the intro.

The woman explaining stuff and gets surprised and say "oh shit more". I really feel devs thinks we gamers are stupid.

Didn't look anything special imo.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I was thinking that, but I didn't see any loot.
There is loot but it was quick, during the trailer amenu is open for a really small time and there was weapons, it's a blink and you'll miss...
For the gameplay I'm not sure, since it is Arkane I'll at least try it but it felt boring...Which is weird because I loved Dishnored 1&2 and Prey(hated Deathloop though).

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Last edited:

brian0057

Banned
For once, instead of looting the smoldering corpse of Looking Glass, Arkane is now looting the corpse of Left 4 Dead.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
There is loot but it was quick, during the trailer amenu is open for a really small time and there was weapons, it's a blink and you'll miss...
For the gameplay I'm not sure, since it is Arkane I'll at least try it but it felt boring...Which is weird because I loved Dishnored 1&2 and Prey(hated Deathloop though).
Felt boring? Huh. That's the opposite of what I got from it. Do you think that because you intend to play alone and this is geared toward multiplayer?

L4D with vampires and horrible YA humor.

I'm still really not sure who's this for. It's too bloody for kids, too kiddy for adults, too Gen Z for older folks, too old-school for younger folks, too cringe for normal people, too straight for edge lords, and the writing is probably the worst I've seen in a long time.

I foresee a rock solid 6/10 ahead.

This.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Voice over was pretty cringe, but i like blasting vampires with immersive sims elements so i'm in.
Most of it sounded like place holder VA like how Ubisoft games do it.

many people will play it solo, so they won't even be in a scenario to hear it anyway

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Felt boring? Huh. That's the opposite of what I got from it. Do you think that because you intend to play alone and this is geared toward multiplayer?
That is entirely possible yeah, maybe they just didn't show a class that was geared toward the way I play too, I felt that this deserved a more "here's x class quick showof "and seeing more of them kinda like Borderlands did(or maybe a better example is some Lost ark class vids).Because they switched rapidly to different class and it became confusing.The weapons lacked a bit of impact but that is quite common for Arkane too and not that bothering.

The graphics look soft. Looks more in tune with fortnite. I was expecting something a lot more graphically impressive.

It's Arkane, they always go for a lot more stylized look that verges on Fortnite-like. Deathloop was similar.

Looked brilliant, far better than the CGI trailer from last year, great way to start the show.

"Brilliant" might be too strong a descriptor but I agree it looks a lot better than the trailer at the last showcase and was a pretty solid start for the show.

I am so glad we finally have confirmation that:

1. you can play this solo
2. this is a proper story based campaign game, not something like Left 4 Dead or Back 4 Blood.

Those are two big positives.

Really surprised at the negative comments, I was impressed and it wasn't just one thing either. Graphics were very solid given its still early. Shooting and atmosphere were looking very nice. And the open world seemed well made and interesting. Dialogue was the only negative I had but its not a huge deal.

MiguelItUp

I'll probably just try it on Game Pass and call it a day. Somethings seemed neat, but yeah, could really do without the zany humor and all. It really is hard to figure out what demographic they're reaching for here, lol.

I was also put off by multiple vampires having the exact same attack animation, and the same impact SFX. It was pretty distracting to me, lol.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Yeah this ain't Arkane I fell in love with back in the day. This looks so generic that it hurts. Fortunately it's on Game Pass, so doesn't hurt to give it a shot.

Yep. Sadly I feel MS got the short end of the stick. There was trouble brewing in Arkane long before the buyout, at least according to Sophia Narwitz who has had reliable sources for a while now.

I will still give it a chance, it is on GamePass after all - but after Deathloop, if this falters then I may just have to give up on expecting high quality Immersive Sims from this company anymore, like I am having to give up high quality writing from Obsidian.

I'm sure this will be the best at what it does, but oh man... I really wish Arkane would get back to making incredible adventure games.
This is a adventure game it open world a big massive map with buildings that you can enter and is playable solo
& also Arkane never miss so don't even doubt Arkane

I went from mildly interested at the reveal to cautiously optimistic. L4D gave my stomach the old nausea motion sickness feels, so as long as this doesn't, I think it could be fun. I'm definitely interested to see how the skill trees change up the gameplay.

EDMIX

Absolutely despise this type of "quirky" humor in my games.

same.

This game looks like it was taken from 2007. I don't really care for those "hip" trying to be "kool" type games with that humor and I think thats really hard to pull off in games, but hard in generally to pull off well. I felt Portal did such a great job at that, but most games that do it , its really cringe.

This feels like its a CW show, but a great value Destiny game lol Probably the easiest pass, skip I've seen in a long time.

ungalo

The level design seems solid, there's still remains of the Arkane style in it. And despite the loot it still seems closer to a real coop shooter than a looter shooter in the Borderlands style with over powered skills against horde of enemies in a constant mess.

That being said, i'm just disappointed, after incredible games like Prey or Dishonored, that we get this kind of game with this kind of universe and atmopshere.

Last edited:

BoxFresh123

Still not sure what makes this special (possibly the co-op?). Doesn't look bad but also not seen anything to move the hype needle for me.

The VO during the gameplay was a tad tiresome though. Ideally that would have been laid on thicker for this show.

Last edited:

adamsapple

The character talk was cringe but the game looks super fun in coop. I'd be bored playing this solo.

I think most of that was Ubisoft style dialogue for the presentation only.

Cause, like, if you're playing Solo or 2 people only, you will never get to hear it otherwise lol.

With these kind of games, I stop hearing the dialogue after a time. Especially if you play it coop with friends, I barely even notice it. That said, I would like an option to turn it off.

Stuart360

Yeah not for me lol. I'll probably give it a try with it being on Gamepass but its a shame to see Arkane go this route. I know they make great games that dont sell so probably feel they need to try something new, but i dont think this is the answer.

I am a bloody sucker for vampires in games, and this one looks quite engaging...I liked what I saw, for the most part (not a fan of the look of the vampires)...😀

Last edited:

HYDE

Banned
Acutally looks alot better than expected. You think i would learn by now, never to doubt arkane. Despite the goofy art direction of their games they are all top tier.
Nah their quality is definitely suffering since they started creating Deathloop, now Redfall…both are super meh.

Last edited:
Top Bottom