• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The OFFICIAL Spider-Man® 2 THREAD. REVIEWS. ALL SPIDEY-RELATED EVENTS. EVERYTHING.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dracos

I think I just saw the best movie ever made! It is that good. Several parts almost had me in tears. People were standing and clapping afterwards. I can't imagine how the movie could be any better. As close to perfect as a movie can be.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
shuri said:
Dunst's acting was so bad, she looked wasted through the whole movie.

The girl was beyond depressed in this film and it looked that way. She was much happier and livlier in the 1st. Dunst did a great job. Thinking about the ending makes me choke back tears.
How she found out he was Spidey. How she told Pete to let her make her own decisions. And then she's like "Go get him, Tiger. Hahaha, I'm getting giddy thinking about it!

Best. Movie. Ever.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Phoenix said:
The way the opening credits were done was inspired. I hope that they do that for all of the movies going forward.

That, and Alex Ross is a comic book god.

Hero

Defensor said:
On a related Spiderman note, this is going to be released:

spidey.jpg

I can't wait to rewatch the events of Spidey from the planet Spider and has a giant robot named Leopard ;)

spiderman4.jpg

Hell ya!

still02.jpg
still03.jpg
still04.jpg
still01.jpg

What the hell is this??

Matlock

Banned
It was the ultimate film! An amazing spectacle that entangled me in its web! A startling story that has you hooked from the first frame!

Toby as Peter Parker was spectacular! Kirsten as Mary Jane was sensational!

You have to love the webshooters, which are the mark of true swingers! What about Peter unmasked?

Unlimited entertainment that'll stay through you, a true blue classic that will still be remembered in 2099!

Giant-sized fights with the maximum carnage allowed on screen in a PG-13 film! Untold tales set up!

This universe of Marvel films will make for a treasury of a home theatre collection, with many including the deadly foes of Spider-Man! This is the Marvel age!

An essential film that must not be missed, True Believers! Excelsior!

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Matlock said:
It was the ultimate film! An amazing spectacle that entangled me in its web! A startling story that has you hooked from the first frame!

Toby as Peter Parker was spectacular! Kirsten as Mary Jane was sensational!

You have to love the webshooters, which are the mark of true swingers! What about Peter unmasked?

Unlimited entertainment that'll stay through you, a true blue classic that will still be remembered in 2099!

Giant-sized fights with the maximum carnage allowed on screen in a PG-13 film! Untold tales set up!

This universe of Marvel films will make for a treasury of a home theatre collection, with many including the deadly foes of Spider-Man! This is the Marvel age!

An essential film that must not be missed, True Believers! Excelsior!

So who caught Stan's cameo? He even had a line!

aparisi2274

Well so I am sitting here, and I know I already mentioned the whole thing about the train Scene and how there is no EL in NYC anymore. I thought you guys would like to see the pics of what the EL looks like now in NYC

newhighline1.jpg

newhighline3.jpg

newhighline4.jpg

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I got my tickets for tomorrow..ughhhhh I cant wait!

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
aparisi2274 said:
Well so I am sitting here, and I know I already mentioned the whole thing about the train Scene and how there is no EL in NYC anymore. I thought you guys would like to see the pics of what the EL looks like now in NYC

newhighline1.jpg

newhighline3.jpg

newhighline4.jpg

Yeah! When I saw the
train fight...I was like: we don't have that train in NYC. It was kind of surreal seeing that scene for some reason.

Matlock

Banned
Also: bonus points for the first person to pick out the 20 Spider-Man title words/phrases from that puntacular post.

BuddyChrist need not apply. :p

neptunes

I love reading all of your impressions guys. watching it on friday.

keep them comming cause somebody appreciates them.

Just don't forget to put spoiler tags. :)

mattx5

STUPID STUPID WORK! I want to go see it tonight but I have to wait till Friday :(

The glowing reviews are killing me.

All the talk of Raimi's trademark shots, and classic Spidey humor and action, damnit, I want to see it NOW!

I guess I'm definitely in the minority here.

I thought it was decent, but not spectacular. Moved at a better pace than the first one, and Molina was great as Doc Oc. Unfortunately, I thought the movie was fraught with some banality, especially in the dialogue. The action scenes were well executed, but nothing to the point where I personally was like "hot damn, this is awesome!"
The train scene probably came the closest to it.

Overall, I enjoyed it but don't think it's the greatest superhero movie EVER. Of course, I posted my thoughts on the first Spiderman movie when it first came out, and got REAMED for it. I'm sure that this time will be on different.

My rating: 3 1/2 out of 5.

EDIT: Oh,
I thought the whole Doc Oc surgery/Evil Dead-chainsaw stuff was a nice touch.

Willco

Hollywood Square
mattx5 said:
STUPID STUPID WORK! I want to go see it tonight but I have to wait till Friday :(

The glowing reviews are killing me.

All the talk of Raimi's trademark shots, and classic Spidey humor and action, damnit, I want to see it NOW!

It's really Raimi's film here too. A lot of the action sequences felt like Evil Dead meets Spider-Man, especially when Doc Ock was involved. It was fantastic.

Matlock

Banned
Oh yeah, the
chainsaw scene
had me rolling. I almost wish that
Bruce had cameo'd there as well, but I guess a buncha Shemps are good enough.

mattx5

I know Bruce has a cameo in the film, but how about Ted Raimi?

Just a simple yes or no will do, no spoilers please :p

Guzim

Yeah, when I saw the
chainsaw I was hoping the guy's arm would get cut off.

On another note, alot of people, including me :), cheered when Bruce Campbell was on screen.

Matt, yes Ted does :)

Matlock,
train scene, front of the train

aparisi2274

OMG!!!

I just remembered the funniest scene in the movie.

when Spidey loses his web, and he has to take the elevator. Hal Sparks gets in, and he is talking to him, and Spidey is like "Yeah it rides up in the crotch a little" I was rolling.

BuddyC

aparisi2274 said:
OMG!!!

I just remembered the funniest scene in the movie.

when Spidey loses his web, and he has to take the elevator. Hal Sparks gets in, and he is talking to him, and Spidey is like "Yeah it rides up in the crotch a little" I was rolling.

yea, i was really glad they kept that scene in there.

ACE

ManaByte said:
Despite what that bum on the corner told you, crack does NOT do a body good. :D

I could have done with some crack to put up with the first half of the movie. I think some ppl are a little too nostalgic in terms of reading the comics and now seeing it on the big screen

Willco

Hollywood Square
Matlock said:
I've just recieved images from Federman's brain after watching Spider-Man 2, and it ain't pretty!

spidermakeout.jpg

I don't know what's scarier, the fact that you took the time to make that or that you can read my mind.

Willco

Hollywood Square
ACE said:
I could have done with some crack to put up with the first half of the movie. I think some ppl are a little too nostalgic in terms of reading the comics and now seeing it on the big screen

OR MAYBE THEY HAVE GOOD TASTE.

Phoenix

IAmtheFMan said:
I guess I'm definitely in the minority here.

I thought it was decent, but not spectacular. Moved at a better pace than the first one, and Molina was great as Doc Oc. Unfortunately, I thought the movie was fraught with some banality, especially in the dialogue. The action scenes were well executed, but nothing to the point where I personally was like "hot damn, this is awesome!"

Don't let the smooth taste fool you. There are a fair number of us out there who thought that is was a good summer film but that it wasn't spectacular or the 'best movie evar' :)

Willco

Hollywood Square
Phoenix said:
Don't let the smooth taste fool you. There are a fair number of us out there who thought that is was a good summer film but that it wasn't spectacular or the 'best movie evar' :)

You guys are so in the minority. It's okay, maybe you guys can all huddle together and listen to Linkin Park or something!

Matt

Movie was fantastic. Only had one problem, which was
Harry was never told or shown where Doc Oct’s lair was

Matlock

Banned
Just another small note, a gripe if you will.

I hated that Ock died, I really don't want this to become a Batmaneque franchise where every film becomes an exercise in "HEY, LET'S SHOW A VILLAIN GET KILLED." Meh.

What I really would have liked is to see him in Rikers, robot arms attached to the walls. :D

Willco

Hollywood Square
Matlock said:
Just another small note, a gripe if you will.

I hated that Ock died, I really don't want this to become a Batmaneque franchise where every film becomes an exercise in "HEY, LET'S SHOW A VILLAIN GET KILLED." Meh.

What I really would have liked is to see him in Rikers, robot arms attached to the walls. :D

Uh, Doc Ock didn't really die. He sinks into the ocean. I mean, it's a comic book and how much more open ended can you get?

Matlock

Banned
Conan36X: Also, I wish Ock wouldn't have died
Conan36X: That was lame
Conan36X: :-\
ZombiePancakes: i'm sorry
ZombiePancakes: he can still come back, as pure evil, if they want to be super cheap
Conan36X: LOL
Conan36X: That would be so wrong, haha
ZombiePancakes: "THE TENTACLES JUST WOKE HIM UP! HE'S A ZOMBIE!"

Willco

Hollywood Square
Matlock said:
Conan36X: Also, I wish Ock wouldn't have died
Conan36X: That was lame
Conan36X: :-\
ZombiePancakes: i'm sorry
ZombiePancakes: he can still come back, as pure evil, if they want to be super cheap
Conan36X: LOL
Conan36X: That would be so wrong, haha
ZombiePancakes: "THE TENTACLES JUST WOKE HIM UP! HE'S A ZOMBIE!"

Maybe not quite to that extent, but I mean...

He could easily come back. He's never really shown as dead. And in a comic book, that's as good as being alive. It's not like Harry's dad where we saw him die.

Meier

Spidey 2 Swings Into America On Record-Breaking Pace
$10.5 Million By Mid-Afternoon Wednesday, Projecting Past Best Wed. Opening Ever, $34.5m For LOTR: ROTK, & Closing In On Spider-Man's Record Best Opening Day, $39.4m, Inc. Wed Sneaks

http://www.moviecitynews.com/

They broke the word on the huge Shrek Friday and Fahrenheit's first big Friday as well and were darn close to projected numbers.. expect at least $40 million IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom